Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#981 Fireshifter

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:05 AM

Bloodhound!

Curvy, Guerilla fighter, 119kph, and 45tons of fun!

B1-HND
Streak SRM6
3x ER M. Lasers
1x ER S. Laser
BAP
14x Double HS

B2-HND
Streak SRM6
3x ER M. Lasers
2x ER S. Laser
BAP
ECM
12x Double HS

Why add it to the game?
Well it's never made it to a pc game and honestly it doesn't show up for many table top games either. Aesthetically, think it looks amazing, to many MWO are just boxes with legs. It's a Guerilla Fighter and this is Civil War, a no-brainer.

Plus Marik.

#982 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

Can't there be an option for new variants of the original lines of mechs? At this point that's the only thing that would even have me considering another purchase.

#983 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:17 AM

View Postsycocys, on 23 May 2017 - 05:53 AM, said:

Can't there be an option for new variants of the original lines of mechs? At this point that's the only thing that would even have me considering another purchase.

Well let's hope for some variants to add something new for existing mechs and or help boost performance, for example the DWF-C have ecm that could useful for protecting itself when on the move or repositioning also it may attract some teammates who want to stick around the ecm bubble of the dire wolf.

#984 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:25 AM

This just in...

CRUSADER

We now return you to your regular thread, because Crusader.

Crusader.

#985 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:35 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 05 May 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

Probably because Russ said it was dead to him. Also Gas was adding mechs as they were requested.

Dont think he ever said that (linky to what he said please). No matter what he said, I guess it wasnt possible at the time and now we are talking long before the TS was in the talks, at least mentioned on the forums. Judging by a reply I got from Mark? on these forums, one of the 3D modelers. He mentioned people in the PGI crew would also love to see the little bugger get included. Among us in the playerbase.

BTW. Only the Fire Ant the Flea "Hero" have masc which could possible break the 170+ km/h PGI Cryengine speed limit, so it isnt fair to neglect a whole chassis just because of that. Also, they could possible incon a new kind of Flea hero if thats the problem, without masc but with dual ams or ECM etc.
The main reason, as with the Fire Moth were the speed limit issue. I have the gut feeling that now with how things are balanced along with the Skill Tree and engine desync, speed issue shouldnt be an obstacle to include said mechs.

Edited by Tordin, 23 May 2017 - 06:36 AM.

#986 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostTordin, on 23 May 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

Dont think he ever said that (linky to what he said please). No matter what he said, I guess it wasnt possible at the time and now we are talking long before the TS was in the talks, at least mentioned on the forums. Judging by a reply I got from Mark? on these forums, one of the 3D modelers. He mentioned people in the PGI crew would also love to see the little bugger get included. Among us in the playerbase.

BTW. Only the Fire Ant the Flea "Hero" have masc which could possible break the 170+ km/h PGI Cryengine speed limit, so it isnt fair to neglect a whole chassis just because of that. Also, they could possible incon a new kind of Flea hero if thats the problem, without masc but with dual ams or ECM etc.
The main reason, as with the Fire Moth were the speed limit issue. I have the gut feeling that now with how things are balanced along with the Skill Tree and engine desync, speed issue shouldnt be an obstacle to include said mechs.

From my understanding the quote from Russ "The flea is dead to me" comes from the second town hall event, where he said as much.

#987 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:28 AM

Ah. Ok. Heh, kinda like the cheapskate joke he spat out not long ago. Hard to tell if hes kidding sometimes and/or exeggerating. Could mean anything.
Could be dead to him due to others at PGI overruling him, he decided to cut it out himself, and/or due to technical balance issues and such with cryengine.
Would love someone ask Russ on twitter about please adding the Flea and Firemoth and if the ST and later tech and balance could help them get introduced.

#988 Fireshifter

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

View Postsycocys, on 23 May 2017 - 05:53 AM, said:

Cicada CDA-3P, Heavy PPC variant.
Orion ON2-M, Guass Variant
Grand Dragon DRG-7K

#989 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

UPDATE TIME!

IS
Light
Hollander - 405 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Osiris & Owens - 264
Wasp - 204

Medium
Hellspawn - 247
Men Shen - 228
Dervish - 222
Chimera - 219

Heavy
Thanatos - 382
Crusader - 327
Argus - 186

Assault
Fafnir - 546 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Marauder II - 247

Clan
Light
Fire Moth - 491
Piranha - 436
Locust IIC - 329

Medium
Black Lanner - 389
Arctic Wolf - 248
Shadow Hawk IIC - 240

Heavy
Nova Cat - 709 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Rifleman IIC - 428
Grizzly - 205

Assault
Blood Asp - 544 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Stone Rhino - 360
Warhammer IIC - 347

So 4 of my top picks are still leading, with the Starslayer slipping to a disappointing 6th place and the IS Mediums still being the most hotly contested category. It's nice to see a IIC 'mech in the top 3 for each Clan category.

Cue someone "wondering why idiots are voting for the Hollander?!"

Haters gonna hate Posted Image

#990 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

Has anyone mentioned the famous light mechs?

#991 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 23 May 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

UPDATE TIME!

IS
Light
Hollander - 405 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Osiris & Owens - 264
Wasp - 204

Medium
Hellspawn - 247
Men Shen - 228
Dervish - 222
Chimera - 219

Heavy
Thanatos - 382
Crusader - 327
Argus - 186

Assault
Fafnir - 546 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Marauder II - 247

Clan
Light
Fire Moth - 491
Piranha - 436
Locust IIC - 329

Medium
Black Lanner - 389
Arctic Wolf - 248
Shadow Hawk IIC - 240

Heavy
Nova Cat - 709 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Rifleman IIC - 428
Grizzly - 205

Assault
Blood Asp - 544 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Stone Rhino - 360
Warhammer IIC - 347

So 4 of my top picks are still leading, with the Starslayer slipping to a disappointing 6th place and the IS Mediums still being the most hotly contested category. It's nice to see a IIC 'mech in the top 3 for each Clan category.

Cue someone "wondering why idiots are voting for the Hollander?!"

Haters gonna hate Posted Image

Hollander still at top for IS lights lmao, but still rather have a owens than that. Also glad the Shadowhawk IIC finally made thrid place now if somehow a better medium replace the Black Lanner...

#992 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

Clan Assault: Bane (Kraken)
Not the popular choice but i chose it for 2 reasons.
1) Its design, it 'looks' relativly nimble for a 100 tonn mech. If design right, it could be a good Assault with small ST hit boxes, and a slim but tall CT hit box, with large legs and arms, moving the Armor priority to them instead of the CT for a change.

2)Technical aspect of bring it into MWO. I shall explain.
The Bane is designed to run 10x Ac2's. Now in MWO atm even a DWF-UV with B side torso omni pods can only manage 8, with 10 tonns of ammo, and barely enough heatsinks, with full armor. I honestly cant see how PGI could recreate the Bane with 10 Ac2's, enough ammo, and enough cooling, and a 300XL engine to be viable, but I would very much like to see it.
A proper DPS monster.

Clan Heavy: Black Python (Viper)
Purley on looks this thing looks like a jet fighter on legs. A 75 tonn mech with a Xl 375, it owuld be as fast as a TimberWolf, but with a much mroe sleek body and no Missile hardpoitns. possibly a great hit and run heavy.

Clan Medium: Vapor Eagle (Goshawk)
Just look at that sleek nimble design. Looks like an assasin, ofc its Clan design was for 1v1 Duels, but would love to see it in MWO. Design it right and it could be the best looking mech in MWO, more akin to an anime style gundam than a hulking mech.

Clan Light: Horned Owl (Peregrin)
Im not keen on lights, actually to be fair i friggin hate them as an Assault pilot .... but the Horned Owl looks like a nice 35 tonner. Especialy the design. more akin to a bulky exo suit similar to infantry in StarCraft 2, than a spindly littly light mech like we have ingame atm.

IS Assault: erm ...ok so i like a handfull of these. (ill put my vote in for the Hatamoto-Chi)
While i understand the love for the Fafnir, its a beast of a machine, i know for a fact its only wanted for its obscene alpha strike potential. And we just dont need more of that.
However.
The Imp has my potential vote for pure laughs, it looks like a Assault Class urbie ..and thats worth somthing Posted Image

The Legacy also has my potential vote for being a great hill peaking option with shoulder high weapon mounts aswell as low slung arms for the brawl.

The Hatamoto-Chi, its fast, its a light Assault at 80 tonns and it could be designed ether big and bulky or slim, both work well with the Samurai theme it has.

The Sagittaire, noting yells fear me as much as having every weapon you can carry totaly over emphesized and protruding from the sides of your mech. How you would work the hitboxes on this thing is somthing that i would look on at with great interest, its 'arms' are pritty much just guns on shoudler mounts held very close to the small side torso's, but it has a big CT.

The Charger. Desgined to be a true fast assault, possibly somthing to look at, though definably at the bottom of my list.

IS Heavy: Another difficult decision. (i voted Champion)

Atleast so we can have a hero mech called 'Vadar' the Thunder, has to be on my list, a mech that looks like Darth Vadar has to be considered.

The Falconer, This mech comes as standard with a similar loadout to current meta. Guass PPC. However this thing is fast, 86kph, and has JJ, the downside is it has legs the entire height of its body and its arms couldnt be any lower slung if it tried (and slung down between its legs to boot, guess what body part ur loosing first..yep a leg.). A unique design, but it would be a crap hill peaker.

The Champion, another mech that looks much more like a jet fighter than a mech, reminds me of Macross Plus.
60 tonns, fast at 86 kph, packing an AC, SRM, and lasers as standard. A vairent comes with Guass + PPC, mounts are relativly high, long legs might make it vulnerable though.

IS Medium: Lightray
Im gunan regret backing this mech if it ever gets into the game as this thing could potentialy be a right PITA to assault pilots.
Its crazy fast for a medium, 119 KPH, 55 tons, apparently has a good amount of armor also, and enough firepower to be worried about it. Though it may be a worry for assaults, this thing could easily be the bain of all lights, able to keep pace with all but the absolute fastest of them without issue.

IS light: Hollandar.
Bassicaly nostalga, i distinctly remember coming across the 1st hollondar u meat in Mech Commander and getting wrecked y its Guass rifle.
I light carrying a single Guass in MWO might well get me into one for sniping, so long as it comes with a significant range bonus quirk.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 23 May 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#993 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 23 May 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

Well let's hope for some variants to add something new for existing mechs and or help boost performance, for example the DWF-C have ecm that could useful for protecting itself when on the move or repositioning also it may attract some teammates who want to stick around the ecm bubble of the dire wolf.

View PostFireshifter, on 23 May 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Cicada CDA-3P, Heavy PPC variant.
Orion ON2-M, Guass Variant
Grand Dragon DRG-7K

Direwolf and Orion aren't original line mechs.

Can't be that hard to whip up some new mechs off of all the models they just re-did last year or whenever that size adjustment was. Something to bring the first chunk of mechs we had some more usable variations.
It was something like Jenners, Commandos, Ravens, Cicada, Centurion, Hunchback, Dragon, Catapault, Cataphract, Stalker and Atlas.
I know I'm missing some for sure, but the point is other than a hero and a couple pretty bad loyalty variants (and a decent Atalas loyalty variant) there's been no expansion on the lines of any of those original mechs other than adding some IIC variants which are decent but don't have nearly the interesting play as the IS versions.

Old mechs might not even sell, I don't know but it shouldn't cost them much to modify one a month to make a new variant even if they sold it for c-bills only with a monthly mystery pre-order for 10 bucks that got you bonus MC or something.

#994 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

Any dracs wanna get their hands on a http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hatamoto-Chi ?

#995 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

I wish I could choose a Spector. Seems like it would fit in with some of the new tech (such as Stealth Armor) that's supposed to be coming.

#996 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

Whilst I do often enjoy a certain tubers channel, his recommendation for that hollander... Mmmm

#997 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

i wonder if number of votes are indicative of number of active players?

if so better then i had thought

#998 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

1301 votes but not much has changed...

#999 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:27 AM

OK, probably a little late, but since the Nova Cat has been announced I want another Clan Heavy to vote for...

I've narrowed it down to 2.

The 60 ton Glass Spider
Spoiler

The 60 ton Hellfire
Spoiler

Now, which one to put in my sig...

#1000 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:33 AM

Now 4 mechs have been announced now to push for my Jazz Hand Mechs with the Incubus.

And the Fanfir, Owens, Men Shen,Sagittare, and Sunder. Posted Image

Edited by Battlemaster56, 03 June 2017 - 01:33 AM.

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users