Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#481 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 March 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

So out of a pretty damn boring list, I picked the only one that I remotely would consider buying.

Boring li...? *deep breath* Okay... what is it still missing?

#482 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

The Dragon Fire is within striking distance of the Argus. :D

#483 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 21 March 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

The Dragon Fire is within striking distance of the Argus. Posted Image

I consider it a victory that the Thanny is beating the Crusader...

#484 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

Needs champion.

#485 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:39 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 March 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

True but remember that this is really about getting a top 6 between the weight classes for when Russ makes his 6 month plan.

#486 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:07 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 March 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

When the Thanny will be announced I hope those that voted for it take a camera and film their faces.
Fist they will go nuts because of joy - and then when their moot drops like a rock when they see the "stats"

Thanny in MW4 was great - then I looked into the 3067 TRO and thought - what is this?

The Thanny is a piss poor heavy mech - that combines the hitboxes of the awesome with the weapons of a phoenix hawk - not to mention that the C3 systems need to be replaced first.

#487 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:18 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 22 March 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

When the Thanny will be announced I hope those that voted for it take a camera and film their faces.
Fist they will go nuts because of joy - and then when their moot drops like a rock when they see the "stats"

Thanny in MW4 was great - then I looked into the 3067 TRO and thought - what is this?

The Thanny is a piss poor heavy mech - that combines the hitboxes of the awesome with the weapons of a phoenix hawk - not to mention that the C3 systems need to be replaced first.

Yeah I think most of us are aware. It's just compared to the Crusader there seems to be a better chance for a decent mech.

#488 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:01 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 22 March 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

Yeah I think most of us are aware. It's just compared to the Crusader there seems to be a better chance for a decent mech.

???
Given MWOs Mechlab I can have a Dual Gauss Crusader - not to mention all those nice 60+ variants - ok HGR in the Torso is no longer a Crusader but..... but .....
OMG - CAN I HAVE MY HGR STALKER ASAP

#489 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:55 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 22 March 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

Actual lore weapons dont matter, obviously, it is only hardpoints we care about, and from the looks of those it will be OK, weapon wise. It has too big an engine for its size, but its a battlemech so that can be reduced, it has ECM and it has JJs.. its only problem (albiet a big one that will mean i dont buy it) is that it will have crappy hitboxes and crappy hardpoint placement.

#490 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:33 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 22 March 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

Actual lore weapons dont matter, obviously, it is only hardpoints we care about, and from the looks of those it will be OK, weapon wise. It has too big an engine for its size, but its a battlemech so that can be reduced, it has ECM and it has JJs.. its only problem (albiet a big one that will mean i dont buy it) is that it will have crappy hitboxes and crappy hardpoint placement.

Yeah there is definitely a hit box concern depending on how it is drawn. Hardpoint location though... I seem to remember energy hardpoints at cockpit level in MW4, which would be a nice place for ER PPCs or Heavy PPCs.

This mech should he able to do 2 UAC5s and 2 PPCs with a JJ and ECM, or 1 Gauss and 2 ER PPC with a handful of JJs. Sounds pretty solidnto me, all it needs to do is have that arm inflated to 2 hardpoints.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 22 March 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#491 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 21 March 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

True but remember that this is really about getting a top 6 between the weight classes for when Russ makes his 6 month plan.

I mean, the first six month plan was the Javelin, IS heros, Civil War Pack, and Clan Wave 2 heros, not necessarily a top 6 thing. Chances are we will either get another 4 mech pack announced near July, or we will go back to the single packs.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 22 March 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#492 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:43 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 March 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

This mech should he able to do 2 UAC5s and 2 PPCs with a JJ and ECM, or 1 Gauss and 2 ER PPC with a handful of JJs. Sounds pretty solidnto me, all it needs to do is have that arm inflated to 2 hardpoints.

Because that's all people care about anymore these days. How much meta cheese they can stuff into a mech.

God I can't f***ing wait for HBS' Battletech game.

#493 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:55 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 22 March 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

Because that's all people care about anymore these days. How much meta cheese they can stuff into a mech.

God I can't f***ing wait for HBS' Battletech game.

Well good riddance then if you are going to be close minded like that. Your way isn't the only way. BTW, do you only play Faction Play or what? I noticed on the leaderboards you haven't played quick play in 9 months. Or if you have, less than 10 matches per month.

Honestly, we are talking about what good loadouts we can put on the mech. What do you expect me to say? LB10, some small lasers, an SRM4 and an LRM15? Get over it. People want to be able to play mechs that have good loadouts.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 22 March 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#494 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 March 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

Well good riddance then if you are going to be close minded like that. Your way isn't the only way. BTW, do you only play Faction Play or what? I noticed on the leaderboards you haven't played quick play in 9 months. Or if you have, less than 10 matches per month.

Honestly, we are talking about what good loadouts we can put on the mech. What do you expect me to say? LB10, some small lasers, an SRM4 and an LRM15? Get over it. People want to be able to play mechs that have good loadouts.

To some people 'meta cheese' means 'any effective build whatsoever'

#495 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:04 AM

View PostAlex Morgaine, on 21 March 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Needs champion.

Done.

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 22 March 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

To some people 'meta cheese' means 'any effective build whatsoever'

Yeah, well its getting tiresome hearing "meta cheese" as if running an effective build is "dishonorable".

#496 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:09 AM

Haven't been here in a while...

With the time jump and all the excitement of the new mechs,

I generally prefer:

Assault: Yu Huang/Pillager
Heavy: Lao Hu/Thunder
Medium: Men Shen/Sha Yu
Light: Anubis/Osiris

Would love it if everyone get their 'totem mech' at the end...

#497 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 22 March 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

When was the last IS-Mech release that was decided by meta-concerns? Assassin, Cyclops, Archer...?

The IS has a boat-load of Mechs released for nostalgia only. That is fine and all for those who have nostalgic feelings for the Mech, but don't tell me people cared about "meta cheese" when clamoring for the Uziel.

I have my share of Mechs I like for nostalgia, but atm the IS would not benefit from an Excalibur or a Spartan. (And they would not have much fan in this forum anyway). What the IS currently needs is a powerful Mech.

#498 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 22 March 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

When was the last IS-Mech release that was decided by meta-concerns? Assassin, Cyclops, Archer...?

The IS has a boat-load of Mechs released for nostalgia only. That is fine and all for those who have nostalgic feelings for the Mech, but don't tell me people cared about "meta cheese" when clamoring for the Uziel.

I have my share of Mechs I like for nostalgia, but atm the IS would not benefit from an Excalibur or a Spartan. (And they would not have much fan in this forum anyway). What the IS currently needs is a powerful Mech.

What would be nice is if both sides of this debate would stop putting each other down and we could just discuss things.

For example, a lot of these guys that want the 3025 and before mechs are just worried those mechs will be forgotten. On the other side are mw4 fans and for them they've waited for quite some time to get their stuff. Of course there's the players that just want some good mechs because after all the game is meant to be played.

#499 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 22 March 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

What would be nice is if both sides of this debate would stop putting each other down and we could just discuss things.

For example, a lot of these guys that want the 3025 and before mechs are just worried those mechs will be forgotten. On the other side are mw4 fans and for them they've waited for quite some time to get their stuff. Of course there's the players that just want some good mechs because after all the game is meant to be played.

I agree - this game needs both nostalgic/quirky/interesting/lore mechs... and effective ones, great when they are both!

IS are especially in need of some better performing ones, to complete with the top tier clan ones. Please can we have a round of performance IS mechs being released before the next (underwhelming but greatly loved nostalgia mechs).

#500 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

Another roundup...

IS
Light
Osiris - 113
Hollander - 103 Posted Image
Owens - 84
Raptor - 61

Medium
Men Shen - 86
Dervish - 83
Starslayer - 74 Posted Image
Chimera - 66
Hellspawn - 65

Heavy
Thanatos - 118
Crusader - 109
Argus - 69
Dragon Fire - 60

Assault
Fafnir - 186 Posted Image
Sunder - 76
Nightstar - 71

Clan
Light
Fire Moth - 168
Pirahna - 137
Locust IIC - 117

Medium
Black Lanner - 128
Arctic Wolf - 107

Heavy
Nova Cat - 236 Posted Image
Rifleman IIC - 153
Grizzly - 64

Assault
Blood Asp - 194 Posted Image
Warhammer IIC - 132
Stone Rhino - 102

So, two of my Clan choices are leading by quite a margin, as is my IS Assault pick. The Hollander is still nipping at the Osiris' heels and the Starslayer is still within striking distance of the Men Shen and Dervish. If I had to swap my other 3 choices... Avatar, Pirahna and Arctic Wolf.

129 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 129 guests, 0 anonymous users