Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#821 Nava LaCrosse

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSomewhere that makes Terra Therma appealing

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:23 AM

My only request is a kickback to the old Mechwarrior IV merc's title. While not strictly canon, it was introduced via one of the mekpaks.

The marvelous clan medium, Gesu. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gesu_(MekTek)

If it was ever implemented (correctly), I'd literally sell all my mechs/loot and simply drive it.

#822 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:23 AM

View PostCK16, on 09 April 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

He wants derpy mechs lol, why wouldn't he bite on the Arctic Wolf O.o I mean how many SRM's on something going like 120kph+? xD

I can see it know, me running in melting backs off of assaults and mech that get in the way, while laughing like a mad man running off after each kill it ll be glorious!!!

#823 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostNava LaCrosse, on 09 April 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

My only request is a kickback to the old Mechwarrior IV merc's title. While not strictly canon, it was introduced via one of the mekpaks.

The marvelous clan medium, Gesu. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gesu_(MekTek)

If it was ever implemented (correctly), I'd literally sell all my mechs/loot and simply drive it.

I mean pgi have to get permission to use those MekTek creations, but some of them are interesting designs like the Talos, and Tenchi

http://www.sarna.net.../Tenchi_(MekTek)

http://www.sarna.net...i/Talos_(MekTek)

#824 Nava LaCrosse

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSomewhere that makes Terra Therma appealing

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 09 April 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

I mean pgi have to get permission to use those MekTek creations, but some of them are interesting designs like the Talos, and Tenchi

http://www.sarna.net.../Tenchi_(MekTek)

http://www.sarna.net...i/Talos_(MekTek)

Oh man, the tenchi.. That thing was beast. A little silly looking, a fighter jet with legs, but sheesh. It was one of the more popular rides before the servers finally shut down.

#825 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:38 AM

Well, Snuggles' video sure bumped up the vote count and shook up a few categories, to boot!

The Hollander has shot ahead of the Osiris with a 56 vote lead at 246.

The Starslayer has dropped to 3rd (technically 5th) place in the IS Medium race with 121 votes, behind the Men Shen, Chimera and Hellspawn all at 147 and the Dervish at 155.

Fafnir broke 300 votes.

Nova Cat broke 400 votes.

Blood Asp broke 300 votes.

#826 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 09 April 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

Well, Snuggles' video sure bumped up the vote count and shook up a few categories, to boot!

The Hollander has shot ahead of the Osiris with a 56 vote lead at 246.

The Starslayer has dropped to 3rd (technically 5th) place in the IS Medium race with 121 votes, behind the Men Shen, Chimera and Hellspawn all at 147 and the Dervish at 155.

Fafnir broke 300 votes.

Nova Cat broke 400 votes.

Blood Asp broke 300 votes.

Yeah I mean I understand the love of big guns but the Hollander will be so incredibly bad if it has the same proportions in MWO as in the artwork. Pgi doesn't do huge quirks anymore and so it'll be a slow light with horrible hit boxes and not much firepower.

#827 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 09 April 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Yeah I mean I understand the love of big guns but the Hollander will be so incredibly bad if it has the same proportions in MWO as in the artwork. Pgi doesn't do huge quirks anymore and so it'll be a slow light with horrible hit boxes and not much firepower.

If it doesn't have said proportions it's not a Hollander.

Just more proof the average person has literally no clue as to what works or not.

#828 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 April 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

If it doesn't have said proportions it's not a Hollander.

Just more proof the average person has literally no clue as to what works or not.

Pretty much...
Having the Hollander without an absolutely massive gauss rifle is like having a Scorpion as a biped!

#829 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 April 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Well this poll has been up for a long time and those haven't really been mentioned. I can throw them on there, aside from the assaults which I believe are maxed out...

Pretty sure the Vulcan was mentioned all the way back....by me.

#830 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 09 April 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

Pretty much...
Having the Hollander without an absolutely massive gauss rifle is like having a Scorpion as a biped!

Oddly I find most of my mechs to have become quads in MWO. No matter how far I try to get from the rest of the team, inevitably, when I go to poke and then back up, I've invariably grown a second set of legs out of my ***, that refuses to let me duck back into cover.

I'm reasonably certain the real reason we have no rear facing weapons is not due to engine limitations.... But to minimize us from TKing all the idiots sniffing our tailpipes.

#831 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 09 April 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

Pretty much...

Fair enough. Hollander will be a free kill practically due to 35t size & armor with an easily targeted gun.

#832 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 09 April 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Fair enough. Hollander will be a free kill practically due to 35t size & armor with an easily targeted gun.

It's like Urbie love. The Hollander is liked not because of its practicallity, but because of its visually humongous gun.

If you play MechCommander you'll understand.

#833 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

Actually there is nothing to stop you from building a Hollander-equivalent right now. Take a FS9-H, mount a GR, and see how well that goes.
You cannot really compare it to the UrbanMech because that one has variety on its side with different builds; the Hollander however is a one-trick-pony and that trick gets old really fast.

I suspect people have not thought it through what it actually means to pilot a Hollander.

#834 lord lair

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

i spy atleast two 20 ton mechs, they get my votes

#835 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:59 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 09 April 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Actually there is nothing to stop you from building a Hollander-equivalent right now. Take a FS9-H, mount a GR, and see how well that goes.
You cannot really compare it to the UrbanMech because that one has variety on its side with different builds; the Hollander however is a one-trick-pony and that trick gets old really fast.

I suspect people have not thought it through what it actually means to pilot a Hollander.

Its as HTD said, it's all about the looks. Big guns firing massive projectiles producing devastating results is cool. Basically practicality is being thrown out the window. For some, simply being in one is enough but I'm not sure how long that'll last when faced with using it.

In short, it's 100% rule of cool.

#836 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

I'm regretting telling Singles about the poll. The IS really needs something that matches up with the clan mechs and yet... Few realize this and yet we get lots of people talking about how strong the clans are. Which is reflected in comp play mech choices. Yeah most ppl don't play comp but those guys focus on performance and it just seems from the votes that ppl generally don't care or are ignorant of what would be good or even decent.

#837 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 April 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Pretty sure the Vulcan was mentioned all the way back....by me.

Fake news! Rigged Polls!

Sorry, I guess I missed that/forgot. Threw it on there.

Hollander is winning, LMAO. Just throw a Gauss Rifle on a Firestarter and see if it is fun to play. Let us know how it goes!

#838 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 09 April 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Inb4 +30 right torso armor quirk

#839 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:19 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 10 April 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

I'm regretting telling Singles about the poll. The IS really needs something that matches up with the clan mechs and yet... Few realize this and yet we get lots of people talking about how strong the clans are. Which is reflected in comp play mech choices. Yeah most ppl don't play comp but those guys focus on performance and it just seems from the votes that ppl generally don't care or are ignorant of what would be good or even decent.

The IS votes have been way worse than they currently are, I was positively surprised. Crusader and Dervish are the only useless "3025 grognards" choices still going strong. The Light Poll is largely irrelevant, Lights and MWO just don't mix. And I think even with PGIs repeated displays of ridiculous incompetence, they are clever enough not to consider the Hollander (well, they brought in the Annihilator... hhmmmm).

#840 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:22 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 10 April 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

Hence my earlier comment about not being able to fix stupid... Point in case is the leading Black Lanner.... Or the currently slotted Annihilator and Uziel....

That's not to say that the Uziel is going to be bad, just not as good as I think a lot of people are thinking it's going to be... As for the Annihilator.... I just don't see things going well for that mech, it is not going to be the IS answer to the Kodaik 3.

Yet solid to good mechs, like the Devastator, Nightstar, Argus, Chimera or Star Slayer were ignored for what ever reason, are going to leave the IS behind until we can get through some of the questionable designs that people are wanting... Now don't get me wrong I am not dissing people's nostalgia, far from it, I just hope they can take a moment to look at it objectively and think about how it would likely perform in the current game play environment of MWO. Till we are passed that point of questionable designs, those that want them, don't complain that they may not be living up to their expectations, if they didn't do their home work...

I got my Bushwacker, and she acts just as I expected, generally a rather average mech that fights like a slightly heavier Centurion, in terms of weapons load out. But that was because I went into it, knowing full well what she would likely work like, I was right on the likely hit boxes, knew that she would have a very narrow front profile, with long ST's. Now what did surprise me, was the hit box issue that allows for the rear CT to be able to be hit from the front, from time to time. All it took on my part was to take that into account when playing it, keep playing it like a flanker / skirmisher / support unit, and do okay with it.

Edited by Metus regem, 10 April 2017 - 07:25 AM.

126 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 126 guests, 0 anonymous users