4 replies to this topic

#1 Soedrin

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 68 posts
  • Locationbehind you...

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

While playing around with various combinations of C SRMs i noticed that removing or adding a 2, 4 or 6 pack always added the same .15 to my heat management.
The description for each indicates additional heat being 4 for the 6 pack, 3 for the 4 pack and 2 for the 2 pack.
This occurs with Streaks as well.
Each size of Clan LRMs add different amounts to my heat management (as i would expect the SRMs to do).

My question is: Do SRMs of any size truly produce the same amount of heat regardless of size?

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

View PostSoedrin, on 15 March 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

While playing around with various combinations of C SRMs i noticed that removing or adding a 2, 4 or 6 pack always added the same .15 to my heat management.
The description for each indicates additional heat being 4 for the 6 pack, 3 for the 4 pack and 2 for the 2 pack.
This occurs with Streaks as well.
Each size of Clan LRMs add different amounts to my heat management (as i would expect the SRMs to do).

My question is: Do SRMs of any size truly produce the same amount of heat regardless of size?

essentially yes, and yet no.

If fired side by side, in a vacuum? They generate different values. But...they also all have different cooldowns, so their sustained fire, the heat between them comes out essentially a wash.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

SRM2: 2 heat / 2 second reload = 1.0 heat per second

SRM4: 3 heat / 3 second reload = 1.0 heat per second

SRM6: 4 heat / 4 second reload = 1.0 heat per second

Conclusion: Your heat generated over time, assuming continuous fire, is equal across the board.

However, since the SRM2 is primarily a facetime weapon while the SRM4/6 are more about sword-and-board, I'd argue that the SRM2 probably generates a bit more heat over time in practical application.

#4 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Heat per shot varies, but when you factor in the different cooldown times they end up producing the same amount of heat in the same amount of time.

#5 Soedrin

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 68 posts
  • Locationbehind you...

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

View PostFupDup, on 15 March 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

SRM2: 2 heat / 2 second reload = 1.0 heat per second

SRM4: 3 heat / 3 second reload = 1.0 heat per second

SRM6: 4 heat / 4 second reload = 1.0 heat per second

Conclusion: Your heat generated over time, assuming continuous fire, is equal across the board.

However, since the SRM2 is primarily a facetime weapon while the SRM4/6 are more about sword-and-board, I'd argue that the SRM2 probably generates a bit more heat over time in practical application.

^^
this clearly answered my question, thank you!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users