409 replies to this topic

#21 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

SRM4 Spread increased to 4 (from 3.5).

Is it documented anywhere what "spread = 4" really means? 4 meters of spread over every x meters of travel?

#22 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

i can not say enough how disappointed i am. Sure: new Assassin, looks good. Some minor hurts for SRM4, TC, whatever. Two additional Decals, another swap of the Trial/Champion Mechs, and ... nothing more. Thats it. Only ... stuff. No Maps, no Decals (like the Homeclans like Diamond Shark, Hells Horses,... why do we got the Star Adders ?!?), no "big Stuff" the game needs so urgent and was told coming earlier. Just Stuff for real money :-/ .

But the worst: no Skill System. It looked so promising but now its on the same graveyard like the other "big" changes (for example: energy Draw). Formal "in a future patch". Lets see what happens...

Please dear PGI: bring some needed and wanted content to the game. New Maps (!), new Skill System, whatever. Not only one after another new Mechpack_Clan/IS_Heroes_another_shiny_Mech for lots of real money! Sure, you also have to live and pay bills, and i am one of those who spend more than to every other game i ever played, but i miss really the progress of the game.
Well, for your defense: the new weapons looks nice, but i miss the HACs for the Clans ;). IS gets 12 Systems, Clans just a few. Anyway, this surely makes my day when delivered. I hope it doesnt shifted in a "near future" for the same reasons like the Skill System...

#23 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

Another stupid "rebalance" (in particular lol over target computers) instead of bug fixes.

#24 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:39 PM

Cosmetics, cosmetics, cosmetics ... any sign of optimisation? Technical improvements? Simply: you suck PGI.

I hope that cretin who chose Cry Engine got fired :)

Edited by Calebos, 17 March 2017 - 11:41 PM.

#25 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

Oh, and pls increase spread of srm4 little more - I want to kill 2 enemies - one in front of me and one behind - with a single shot.

#26 Croaker Munin

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:56 AM

View PostDran Dragore, on 17 March 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

i can not say enough how disappointed i am. Sure: new Assassin, looks good. Some minor hurts for SRM4, TC, whatever. Two additional Decals, another swap of the Trial/Champion Mechs, and ... nothing more. Thats it. Only ... stuff. No Maps, no Decals (like the Homeclans like Diamond Shark, Hells Horses,... why do we got the Star Adders ?!?), no "big Stuff" the game needs so urgent and was told coming earlier. Just Stuff for real money :-/ .

But the worst: no Skill System. It looked so promising but now its on the same graveyard like the other "big" changes (for example: energy Draw). Formal "in a future patch". Lets see what happens...

Please dear PGI: bring some needed and wanted content to the game. New Maps (!), new Skill System, whatever. Not only one after another new Mechpack_Clan/IS_Heroes_another_shiny_Mech for lots of real money! Sure, you also have to live and pay bills, and i am one of those who spend more than to every other game i ever played, but i miss really the progress of the game.
Well, for your defense: the new weapons looks nice, but i miss the HACs for the Clans ;). IS gets 12 Systems, Clans just a few. Anyway, this surely makes my day when delivered. I hope it doesnt shifted in a "near future" for the same reasons like the Skill System...

WORD

#27 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:25 AM

View PostTamerlin, on 17 March 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

Is it documented anywhere what "spread = 4" really means? 4 meters of spread over every x meters of travel?

It means SRM4 accuracy is going to be 14% worse. But let's be honest - it was the most efficient launcher bar none.

#28 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

@Kmi: if nothing else, it actually gives ya a reason to use Artemis on 4s now.

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

View PostUncle Totty, on 17 March 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Why is it that the techs that once worked on the Orion now get to keep working on Timber Wolves? Posted ImagePosted Image

That tech got captured and was forced to work as a bondsman.
I wish I could say that the sabotage is intentional, but unfortunately that technician really is that incompetent.

View PostTamerlin, on 17 March 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

It isn't defined.
For all we know it could mean that it was changed on a slider from the 3rd and a half letter of the alphabet to the fourth letter.

#30 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:00 AM

Well, for your defense: the new weapons looks nice, but i miss the HACs for the Clans Posted Image. IS gets 12 Systems, Clans just a few. Anyway, this surely makes my day when delivered. I hope it doesnt shifted in a "near future" for the same reasons like the Skill System...

It is a good Thing they delayed the Skill Tree Mess, but I will agree with you that I had also hoped for a new Map or some new Content, this Year has not seen much new Stuff yet.

Edited by Joe Decker, 18 March 2017 - 03:01 AM.

#31 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

Nice little patch.

While some ppl are hurt that they need to wait longer for "new map/modes" or bugfixes, it seems some didn't read all the notes about the upcoming Incursion game mode on PTS (soon) or the bugfixes (this patch, like every patch has them).

Looking forward to all the changes in this patch and even more for the next PTS sessions and next patches.

#32 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:40 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 March 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

Supernova has reluctantly given up its dreams of breakdancing stardom.

That made me smile. :)

#33 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:22 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 March 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

• Bitchin' Betty: Added alert for weapon jam.
• Cool Shot: Now has associated SFX when used.
• Machine Gun: Improved the impact SFX.
• Supernova (all variants): Supernova has reluctantly given up its dreams of breakdancing stardom.

Those are actually small but great changes! I The Supernova variant made me LOL.
I guess there are still people at PGI who care about improving the game and not only squeezing the very last $$$ out of Whales.

Edited by Kmieciu, 18 March 2017 - 04:25 AM.

#34 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

... LRM5's Op ????? I don't really care about LRM mechs that much, but ... really ?

#35 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:50 AM

View PostJoe Decker, on 18 March 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

It is a good Thing they delayed the Skill Tree Mess, but I will agree with you that I had also hoped for a new Map or some new Content, this Year has not seen much new Stuff yet.

They are probably working hard on the incoming new tech, but yes, I want too a new map (and some revamped game modes, like Assault and Domination).

#36 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:57 AM

View PostOdanan, on 18 March 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

They are probably working hard on the incoming new tech, but yes, I want too a new map (and some revamped game modes, like Assault and Domination).

Seriously, the revamped Assault mode was supposed to come out HOW long ago? Posted Image

#37 Gazbeard

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPSR Tier 6

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

Nerfing the LRM5 ???

Noobs like me will certainly need you to open PSR Tiers 6 & 7 now :(

#38 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:24 AM

You all are cruising for some serious language consistency-comprehension issues here.

Look at this material you posted regarding the critical hit system:
Spoiler

And then consider this:

According to the language used in the game itself, a 'component' is a segment of a 'mech- an arm, a leg, a torso section, the head. When you get a 'Component Destroyed' reward or the 'Component Destruction' count at the end of the match, it's counting these (though component destructions that cause a death do not count and are instead simply kills.)

Meanwhile, in posts, equipment (mechanisms, weapons, and electronics gear that is mounted within components) is being referred to as components. While that's not a horrible thing, and an experienced player can usually suss out whether or not you're actually talking about components or equipment after a couple of sentences in most cases, it's a very bad habit to get into, and can easily produce confusion in new players.

Please fix your consistency and use of the term 'component', which your game asserts has a specific meaning different from its use here and in some other posts by your staff.

I would also like to express, again, my severe dissatisfaction with the fact that most Champion builds supplied by the board like/vote system are very not new-player friendly, despite that being one of the goals specifically expressed with the inception of that system. Also with the fact that in many cases the vote is coming down to between three options of which two are almost the same as one another.

It was stated by PGI staff before the first round of proposals and voting that it wouldn't necessarily be just the three most liked builds and staff would consider the builds and their suitability to new player use, but there has been no evidence that this statement was at the time nor later became true.

Nearly all of the builds that make it to final voting, particularly for heavier 'mechs, are highly specialized builds meant for players who already know the maps so that they can predict enemy routes (and thus avoid being flanked), are prepared for some very difficult heat management, can express strong trigger discipline, know how to successfully peek-trade fire, can use twist-and-shoot to absorb fire in a 'blank' section of the 'mech that holds no useful/vital equipment, are capable of spreading damage reliably to avoid component loss, have the pathing and route choice skill to overcome cripplingly low engine speed while still maintaining a reasonable position relative to allies, or some combination of these traits, none of which are germane to new players. This is helping to create a poor and seemingly arbitrary new player experience.

Please, at the least, consider seriously vetting the designs proposed for champion 'mechs with new players specifically in mind, and it would likely be a good idea to go over past selections and compare and contrast builds that were proposed but did not make it to voting (perhaps the ones with fourth, fifth, and sixth most votes, discounting builds that are near-identical to already selected builds) with the ones that did.

Specifically relevant to the current champions, the voting choices on the Warhammer were two nearly-identical builds with terrible heat-management issues (of which one was selected) and one build that could be okay for a player who knows how to work with it specifically but was otherwise not very new-player-friendly, the voting choices on the Mauler were uniformly slow, clunky, and dependent on a player with good peeking and twisting skills, and all of the builds are terrible for any player who has difficulty avoiding getting flanked (such as, specifically, a new player) due to extremely weak back armor frequently combined with both a lack of CASE and explosive ammunition just to increase the threat of suddenly (and seemingly unfairly) falling over.

Beyond that, though, I look forwards to seeing the results of these additions and changes.

Edited by Quickdraw Crobat, 18 March 2017 - 06:25 AM.

#39 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:33 AM

Well, for your defense: the new weapons looks nice, but i miss the HACs for the Clans Posted Image. IS gets 12 Systems, Clans just a few. Anyway, this surely makes my day when delivered. I hope it doesnt shifted in a "near future" for the same reasons like the Skill System...

New skill system was not ready yet. There was definite communication about this already both ways between players and PGI. Please do not complain about not receiving an unfinished product at the originally promised date when it was expressly demonstrated that the original promise was proven unreasonable, and then changed- with explanation- by PGI. Such responses encourage PGI (and when seen in other situations, other companies) to produce products that need to later be recalled or altered and in the meantime do not function as intended or, in the case of things such as game elements (skill system) actually harm the overall utility or quality of the larger product.

Releasing the skill system as it has been so far would have been a worse choice than delaying it to make more refinements. Generally, a better outcome is worth added wait.

If you want to have a house built in three months and it's not done at the end of those three months because the roofing is incomplete and the window frames are empty of actual windows, it is better to wait an extra week to have the house finished than to make the construction crew leave and try to live in it when exposed to inclement weather and any rain could cause the frame of the building to start rotting. Even if you let them work on it at those times when you're not personally present, that's still several weeks when your house is not just at risk but actually being damaged.

Edited by Quickdraw Crobat, 18 March 2017 - 06:36 AM.

#40 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

hi PGI ... how about some new maps to play ? new things?(that we dont need to pay) no ?
because all we get in the last 3 years so far - its less ...

never heard on a game that every update you get less

yea keep upgrading the store .. good for you ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users