Hbk Iic Hero Plz!

46 replies to this topic

#21 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostTordin, on 19 March 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

How do you manage to make up in-game models and smurfys of loadouts/variants/configs that arent in the game yet? It just baffles me Posted Image

MS paint, cause I'm good like that. :P

No really i use MS paint. I print screen the literal features of mech upon set angles (like loadout change-confirmation, or mech switch), and just collate them. After all PGI simply uses similar models, with different weapon models.

The HBK-IIC-LM is literally just the missile side torso of HBK-IIC-B over the HBK-IIC-C.

Posted Image

Take it from above. To get the "default" angle, i changed something in the equipment. And then using said angle, i print screened. Afterwards, i simply copy-pasted the feature of the HBK-IIC-B over the HBK-IIC-C.

Boom! HBK-IIC-LM

#22 Mondos

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

No no no, your doing it wrong!

Hero Hunchback IIC
Having waded in to battle time and time again, this stubborn mech refuses to die. Dragged back to the hanger after each battle with a new hole in each shoulder where it's armament used to be, the techs called it cursed and wouldn't waste resources on it.
Armor was welded over the holes, given a club and shield.
Armed only with the standard two ER Medium Lasers, extra armor and a full set of jump jets.
It is given to the cursed, the stubborn, those most hated by their superiors.

In game your score is halved, you only have the two lasers and collision damage to make your mark.
It is the Iron Man Challenge!

#23 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

Having less firepower is sort of the opposite of the HBK-IIC's whole schtick. The hero of any given chassis should be something unique, but it should not run counter to everything that chassis stands for. The HBK-IIC stands for disproportionately large alpha strikes and low survivability- it's a classic glass cannon, emphasis on the cannon. If the hero's stock config can't lay out another 'Mech in one solid hit, then it just isn't going to feel right.

*edit: The Clans may want their dishonored or over-the-hill Mechwarriors to die in battle to clear the way for younger and stronger warriors, but they don't want them to die pointlessly. The HBK-IIC has as much firepower as it does to ensure that it takes as many of the enemy with it as possible.

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 19 March 2017 - 11:13 PM.

#24 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:32 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 19 March 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Having less firepower is sort of the opposite of the HBK-IIC's whole schtick. The hero of any given chassis should be something unique, but it should not run counter to everything that chassis stands for. The HBK-IIC stands for disproportionately large alpha strikes and low survivability- it's a classic glass cannon, emphasis on the cannon. If the hero's stock config can't lay out another 'Mech in one solid hit, then it just isn't going to feel right.

*edit: The Clans may want their dishonored or over-the-hill Mechwarriors to die in battle to clear the way for younger and stronger warriors, but they don't want them to die pointlessly. The HBK-IIC has as much firepower as it does to ensure that it takes as many of the enemy with it as possible.

That's just literally the main HBK-IIC theme cranked up to 11. Whatever happened to special snow-flakes?

#25 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 March 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

No hand actuators (expensive and require lots of maintenance)

Hm... interesting...

LB20X - LA
ERPPC - RA
2 SRM6 - RT
HLL - LT
2 HML - CT
1.5 tons LBX ammo (10 shots)
1.5 tons SRM ammo (12.5 shots)
4 JJs
XL 200
2 DHS

Then stock HBK-IIC armour;
16 Head
24/6 - LT/RT
36/8 - CT
12 - LA/RA
24 - LL/RL

97 damage for 60 heat!

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 March 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Think I should whip up some art for that build?

I'm guessing you mean yours and not mine?

Go for it! Always love art, especially for 'mechs I actually like Posted Image

#26 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 19 March 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

MS paint, cause I'm good like that. Posted Image

No really i use MS paint. I print screen the literal features of mech upon set angles (like loadout change-confirmation, or mech switch), and just collate them. After all PGI simply uses similar models, with different weapon models.

The HBK-IIC-LM is literally just the missile side torso of HBK-IIC-B over the HBK-IIC-C.

Posted Image

Take it from above. To get the "default" angle, i changed something in the equipment. And then using said angle, i print screened. Afterwards, i simply copy-pasted the feature of the HBK-IIC-B over the HBK-IIC-C.

Boom! HBK-IIC-LM

Awesome! Could make some mockup of Mad Dog MK II with chin turrets? Posted Image Might be hard since there are no model for chin turrets in-game though...

#27 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 March 2017 - 02:00 AM, said:

All in due time. First the Clanners must receive their wave 2 and wave 3 Heroes.

I hate that it's a "must"

Clan heroes were never a good idea to begin with, especially with paywalled omni pods

But, too late for that now I suppose.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 19 March 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

if that were true it would have a configuration with more ammo and armor, to actually be effective, instead of a 2 shot and dead robot. Reality is, one rarely survives to kill more than one opponent in a TT HBK-IIC "prime".

#29 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 March 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

if that were true it would have a configuration with more ammo and armor, to actually be effective, instead of a 2 shot and dead robot. Reality is, one rarely survives to kill more than one opponent in a TT HBK-IIC "prime".

As if they'd waste valuable clan resources more than they already do on their dishonored warriors :v

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 20 March 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 20 March 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

As if they'd waste valuable clan resources more than they already do on their dishonored warriors :v

which is the point. It's meant to be a one and done, kill and be killed ride. Like a Kamikaze Battlemech, in many ways. If by some slim chance you kill more than one before dying... well, bonus. Ain't like you are getting a line in the Remembrance if you are in one of these things, outside of an unbelievable occurrence, like killing an enemy warleader.

Honestly, on my design I am thinking about removing the Artemis, (not like the player can't re-add it) as base dumbfire SRMs I can see a disgraced warrior still getting as "non wasteful" being cheap and plentiful. But guided munitions? Probably not.

The hard part is figuring out where to use those 4 tons at, that makes sense. I can lose some by switching back to standard armor (which I should have stuck with to begin with), though why they would invest Endo and an XL engine in a Suicide Machine, seems a bit strange.....

Well, switching to Std Armor and adding a small amount eats up 2 tons... the other 2, I reckon can go to DHS.
HBK-IIC-B

obviously, the locations are wrong (too lazy to photoshop) and the ERLLs would be H-LLs, but tonnage wise it's correct.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 20 March 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#31 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

And because no, my OCD could not resist doing it after all....
Posted Image

HBK-IIC "Death Wish"

Hector was born from the iron wombs on Huntress, and as a Trueborn warrior of the one Clan that stayed loyal to the Great Father's vision, Clan Smoke Jaguar, should have had a glorious life and probably death, in battle, helping his Clan ascend to becoming the ilClan, and freeing Terra from the barbarians of the Inner Sphere.

And then came Tukayyid.

The impossible happened, and the barbarians beat the Clans. Surely perfidy from the weakling Wolves aided them Inner Sphere, but how could even that stand in the way of DESTINY?

And so Hector, like Trent and many other warriors, found themselves alive, and forever marked by the stigma of Tukayyid. Among their own Clan, viewed with scorn for the failure.

And so it was, many years later, that Hector found himself in a backwater garrison, piloting a half functional, armless Hunchback IIC-2, instead of the sleek and deadly Stormcrow he had piloted since winning his Trial of Position, so long ago. Any requests for replacement parts ignored by this commanders. His superiors wished that he and the rest of his generation would just die or disappear, instead of daily reminding them of their shame.

Between raids, and trials among his fellow warriors for supplies, Hector was able to cobble his Hunchback back into some semblance of working condition, with the reactor and forearms taken off the Nova formerly piloted by his own Star Captain, who had foolishly challenged Hector over an imagined slight. The reactor shielding was damaged, and he still had trouble procuring enough ammunition to keep his jury rigged SRM racks fully loaded, but his FrankenHunch, mocking called "Death Wish" by his fellow warriors, was functional.

And then the Inner Sphere came, again. And Hector watched his Clan die. Yet once again, he somehow lived. Now without a Clan, he, like many of his kin has found his way to Solaris, plying the only skills he has ever known. He hates the weak spheroids that scream their bloodlust to him nightly, and still he seeks release, in battle. But he plans to crush and kill as many of these Inner Sphere barbarians as possible first.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 20 March 2017 - 08:46 PM.

#32 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

I say combo of ballistic and energy hunches. Might was well get those PPC Gauss folks clammoring over it :-p

#33 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 20 March 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

I say combo of ballistic and energy hunches. Might was well get those PPC Gauss folks clammoring over it :-p

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 21 January 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

Can i interest you with HBK-IIC-MB "Metaback"

Posted Image

#34 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostMacClearly, on 19 March 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

There is a cbill boosted variant already so this should be a low priority.

There are cbill boosted variants of Wave 1, Wave 2, Wave 3, Resistance 1 and 2, the Urbie....

In fact the only 'mech that didn't have a Cbill boosted variant that I'm aware of was the King Crab, so now that it's getting one, this point is kinda superfluous.

#35 Sumdumbum

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

You can slap 2 PPC and a Gauss on the current hunchies. I want mah grid iron! IIC :3

#36 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

Gosh darn it, too many possibilities...

UAC20 - LT
6 HMLs -RT
2 SRM6 - CT
2 tons UAC ammo (14 volleys)
2 tons SRM ammo (~16.5 volleys)
2 DHS
4 JJs
XL 250

Stock HBK-IIC armour;
16 Head
24/6 - LT/RT
36/8 - CT
12 - LA/RA
24 - LL/RL

104 damage for 57 heat Posted Image

I envision it as a HBK-IIC with a HBK-4P inspired hunch.

Alternatively, make the Hero different by having no hunch at all and moving the side torso weapons to their respective arms. Say they were salvaged from a SCR-B or GAR-C for both arms, or a NVA-PRIME for the 6E.

#37 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

Remember, it should have good lore reasoning, but also needs to function well in game to be worth buying

#38 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

Give it 8 ballistic hardpoints, 2 in each torso, 1 in each arm, call it a day. Name it the Bullet Hose.

#39 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostJingseng, on 20 March 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Give it 8 ballistic hardpoints, 2 in each torso, 1 in each arm, call it a day. Name it the Bullet Hose.

most are 6 hard points, so maybe 6 ballistics? But tbh... I don't think it would open my wallet.

#40 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 March 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

Could you repeat your request as an idiom that makes sense in English?

I did understand what he was trying to say. You could work on your reading comprehension. English is a shared language on this board and many people don't speak it as their mother tongue. Including myself. Instead of picking fun on that or trying to dismiss comments on account of lacking grammar how about *you* making meaningful contributions instead?

I doubt you speak a second language remotely as good as I speak, write and read english btw.

And why should he repeat his request as an idiom? Please look the word up in a dictionary before using it next time.

http://dictionary.ca...y/english/idiom

Edited by Bluttrunken, 20 March 2017 - 08:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users