#221 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

Bishop white knighting like a boss.

4s didn't need a nerf.

6s do need a buff, they're so spread that if you don't take Artemis you're not going to do enough damage.

They are making lights and mediums unplayable with every new patch.

My CN9 AH with an AC20 and 2 SRM4s was usable. Even with an XL 225 I have a hard time fitting enough ammo on it to make it worthwhile. Forget taking a STD engine because you'll only be able to move 50KPH in a medium or have room for the double heatsinks.

#222 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 22 March 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

SRM4 should definitely be nerfed to make the SRM6 more viable.

They should also nerf the AC5 to make the AC2 more viable, nerf the LRM15 to make the LRM20 more viable, nerf IS medium lasers to make IS small lasers more viable, and pre-emptively nerf the standard MG to make the upcoming light MG more viable.

"Balance".

Careful with that sarcasm--It may be a fun toy for rational adults but it's a choking hazard for PGI.

#223 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 23 March 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Careful with that sarcasm--It may be a fun toy for rational adults but it's a choking hazard for PGI.

It's more like "be careful what you wish for, PGI might implement it poorly anyways".

#224 Erronius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 March 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

An example of a True MechWarrior build is shown below:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...266ca2b3d706691

Posted Image

#225 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 March 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

The Bane and Mauler assault mechs do in fact boat class-2 Autocannons. Get rekt.

How many light mechs even use the LB 2-X or other class-2 ACs, anyways? It's a pretty damn tiny list. There are probably just as many big mechs using them as there are small mechs.

The mauler like other IS assaults mixed weapon types for different engagement ranges. The first production model, the 1R variant using four AC/2s isn't boating IMHO when its done in concert with a pair of LRM15s and a pair of ER large lasers. Especially not when there's only half a ton of ammo per AC/2 whereas the LRM15s get 2 tons of ammo each. As to the Bane...second line mech by the time the inner sphere saw any, and was more of an exception for loadouts than a rule among assaults to have so many 2 class autocannons. Again though, lacking in ammo.... 4 tons to support all 10 UAC/2s and only half a ton for its four MGs. Its important to note in CBT...the smaller class autocannons ALL had minimum ranges. IS AC/2s was 4 hexes...clan UAC/2s was 2 hexes.

#226 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:12 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 March 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

The mauler like other IS assaults mixed weapon types for different engagement ranges.

the 1R variant using four AC/2s isn't boating IMHO when its done in concert with a pair of LRM15s and a pair of ER large lasers.

Hmmmm....

#227 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:16 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 23 March 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

What did it do?

It was a better missile platform than SRM6+Artemis. So, that should raise a red flag to anyone who understands that weight and crit slots are the Balance Anchors in this game.

Its a better missile platform for mechs that don't have the tonnage to take 4 aSRM6 or 4 aSRM4, but in efficacy it is strictly worse.

#228 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 24 March 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Hmmmm....

I've never taken that guy seriously... for obvious reasons.

#229 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

View PostMole, on 21 March 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think increased spread by 0.5 is all that much...? If their current spread is set at 4 and they are almost pinpoint without ARTEMIS at this point then is an extra 0.5 spread really worth screaming about SRM4s being useless, the sky is falling, etc.?

1M difference in total spread

Mechs don't tend to be more than a few meters wide.

#230 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 21 March 2017 - 05:32 AM, said:

To deserve a nerf? As an IS pilot, I only use SRM 4 if I can fit at least 6 of them, and even then only if I'm taking another weapon as a finisher. The whole point of them is that they're just tight enough to not make Artemis mandatory, but not so tight as to be able to finish off a mech with SRM 4s alone. I'd almost always take 4 x ASRM 6 over 6 x SRM 4 if I could afford the weight, since 6 x ASRM 4 is way too heavy, but on some mechs that extra weight Artemis tags on to the SRM 6 pack gimps your ammo stores, hence the SRM 4 sans Artemis option. So which mechs were so OP with non-Artemis SRM 4s that caused it to get the nerf bat? Why take SRM 4 over SRM 6 + Artemis now? The spread nerf was pretty significant, so it's questionable if I can even get all missiles on target, let alone in the general area I point them at.

Your question can easily be answered if you look at the patch notes dev notes, they state exactly why its getting nerfed. It was doing too well compared to the heavier launcher srm 6. The nerfs arent going to gimp it just bring it more inline so it doesnt overshadow the srm6

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users