And This Is Why I Hate Lights And Small Mediums...

64 replies to this topic

#61 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:37 AM

Screw your humble brags. I did 881 damage, top damage, in an Urbanmech -- an URBANMECH.

#URBIEOP
#braggingrights

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 01 January 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 March 2017 - 04:40 AM.

#62 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:42 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 26 March 2017 - 04:37 AM, said:

Screw your humble brags. I did 881 damage, top damage, in an Urbanmech -- an URBANMECH.

#URBIEOP
#braggingrights

LoL, wrong thread, this is the one for bragging about KILLING light mechs, not the one for doing well in them, that one is over there --> ;)

#63 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:54 AM

But in seriousness to the point the OP was making underneath the quality humblebrag;

The kill itself means little, so the reward itself should reflect that, it was important that it happened (hence a small cash reward), but the main rewards in that regard should come in the "most damage dealt" and "solo kill" category, as they are more accurate reflections of what went down and who should be paid off for the efforts made in a fairly scaled way.

This is another reason I don't really rate damage scores as a measure of aptitude, as destroying an assault's centre torso and killing him outright is usually no more than 170ish damage,while a rear torso core out can be around 80-90 or even less, the guy who blows off every arm a leg and both side torsos has done more damage, but has done it in a massively inefficient way, the sniper did a much better job and it is not reflected in the "scores" of peoples damage ratings.

In that sense a damage score that is too high is more a display of ones inability to target things with great accuracy or efficiency. Though it is definitely a display of their good ability to fight.

It is also why LRM boats score are so massive with their general inability to choose where they are hitting, and their target spreading the damage to an efficiency that suits them.

Edited by Shifty McSwift, 26 March 2017 - 05:02 AM.

#64 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:45 AM

While we are at it, this is why i hate assaults and heavy heavies. I just backstabbed the entire charlie lance didnt got jack **** out of it and we lost the match because the enemy alpha lance were murdering the rest of my team... wtf?

Tldr pointless thread / blame scoring system / blame pgi AND watch your backs... :P

Edited by B3R3ND, 26 March 2017 - 05:48 AM.

#65 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:13 AM

It is kinda funny that killing 12 mechs via headshots (~400 dmg) will net you far less c-bills that utterly farming em all for 3k+ dmg. The salvage bonus that is supposed to compensate for that is totally laughable compared to sheer damage incomes. The only conclusion one can make is that devs reward ineffective killing and the supposed "thinking person shooter" doesn't live up to its name.

Big revelation, I know ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users