27 replies to this topic

#21 Seraphic Law

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:08 AM

View PostH LaWMaN H, on 25 March 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

This could of been a coincident but I was using a bitching betty sound pack not this one, and just on the drop where you get systems online I would DC it would happen about 2 time in 6 drops and I would log back it to find myself dead. I rand this mod for a week and removed it Thursday 23rd and I have not had a DC from that day on, over 30 drops but I would have to use the mod again just to confirm it was a sound mod or not.

Maybe just that proticular mod had a problem with the current version of MWO? The sound pack files I posted in the original post work fine. I played close to thirty matches yesterday and never had a DC. Try this mod or maybe do a clean install of MWO.

#22 MaximusPayne

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 96 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

Do any of these mods remove the horrible commander sounds that was added from the last big patch? I couldn't stand to hear another one of his stupid commands so I turned it off, but in doing so I turned off betty as well. I love the mw2 betty and music and would install this mod in a heartbeat if it also got rid of the moronic commander as well.

#23 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostMaximusPayne, on 26 March 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Do any of these mods remove the horrible commander sounds that was added from the last big patch? I couldn't stand to hear another one of his stupid commands so I turned it off, but in doing so I turned off betty as well. I love the mw2 betty and music and would install this mod in a heartbeat if it also got rid of the moronic commander as well.

I believe if you replace the Betty with any of the mw ones the command wheel sounds are turned off. you can still use it, but you won't hear the pilot saying affirmative or negative, nor will you hear the angry clam man or the weakling IS coordinator at the start.

#24 MaximusPayne

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 96 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 26 March 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

I believe if you replace the Betty with any of the mw ones the command wheel sounds are turned off. you can still use it, but you won't hear the pilot saying affirmative or negative, nor will you hear the angry clam man or the weakling IS coordinator at the start.

so installing this now

#25 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:49 AM

great mod, bring back many memories.

#26 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

I wish Shivaxi would edit it a little bit. For example, I like the general SFX and Betty of MW2 and the weapon sound of MW3. However, there's a HUGE problem with the autocannon sound. Specifically, LBX and IS ACs. In MW3, basically all autocannons fire in stream of bullets, so this is not an issue. However, in MWO, only c-UAC matches that stream sound.

Like, I don't like MWO's hollow sound, so I don't wish to disable weapon SFX (especially how laser sound so much better in MW3), but having a disconnect between how the weapon works and how it sounds is really distracting. The AC sound in MW2 is more single shot... so that works to some extent, but it's quieter and not as "punchy" as MW3.

I know Shivaxi is probably done with this game, but if someone have the know-how to do an ultimate sound remix... that would be super great. (To give that base line back to autocannon, but adjust to how they would sound according to firing pattern)

Edited by razenWing, 28 March 2017 - 04:03 AM.

#27 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:41 PM

you are my hero. i grew up with mw2 mercenaries. this is so awesome.

i hope you will make a updated version.

some glitches i notced
er medium laser sounds are too quiet.
and the mrms could go well with the same sounds you use for the lrms
also i only hear the light mg in the end of the burst

beautiful work, man.

Edited by d00mchild, 31 May 2018 - 09:42 PM.

#28 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:48 AM

i just realized that all the newtech weapons are not properly implemented.

also that "enemy detected/engaged" and "airstrike protocol" is not necessary. could just be blips and beeps.

but i still love that saoundpack. thank you very much for this. id be really really happy to see an update

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users