- - - - -

Mwo Patcher Help

4 replies to this topic

#1 NoMoreCenturions

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

Thinking of coming back to MWO after a long hiatus, but can't figure out how to run the patcher from the 64 bit client. When I launch from the client, I go directly to the login screen (bypassing the patcher), and there is no patcher in the 64 bit client folder. I've tried running the patcher from the 32-bit client, but it wants me to run MechwarriorOnline.exe, and when I try to launch that from the 32-bit folder, it goes off into never-never land. Am I looking at doing a new install, or is there a way to patch from the 64 bit client??

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Run the Repair tool. For both 32 and 64bit, MechwarriorOnline.exe from the 32bit folder is the correct EXE, as that is the patcher itself.

The other way is to download the patcher, install it but stop it from patching. Then run the repairtool.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 March 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:33 AM

View PostNoMoreCenturions, on 27 March 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

Thinking of coming back to MWO after a long hiatus, but can't figure out how to run the patcher from the 64 bit client. When I launch from the client, I go directly to the login screen (bypassing the patcher), and there is no patcher in the 64 bit client folder. I've tried running the patcher from the 32-bit client, but it wants me to run MechwarriorOnline.exe, and when I try to launch that from the 32-bit folder, it goes off into never-never land. Am I looking at doing a new install, or is there a way to patch from the 64 bit client??

are you running MWO through steam?
if so just go to your Steam library,
right click on MWO,
go to local files,
verify local files.

if you run through the MWO patcher then try downloading the new MWO portal, on this site click the download now button, provided you install it to the same place as the existing MWO instalation you will not need to redownload MWO.

#4 NoMoreCenturions

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them out.

#5 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:56 AM

Hello, NoMoreCenturions... It appears you may have also fallen afoul of a really old MWO Install-related Bug that can keep you from using the Launcher and Patcher. Basically, the Launcher and Patcher programs seek for certain Registry Keys containing Path Information that they need in order to function. Without these, they get lost in a never-ending loop like what you're describing. While reinstalling will likely correct this issue, there is a way to fix it without having to reinstall. Follow the instructions within "Launcher Not Launching, Strange Task Manager Behavior" @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/215633-launcher-not-launching-strange-task-manager-behavior/page__view__findpost__p__4925576 in order to fix your problem. I would have liked to make a quote duplicate of those instructions here, but the MWO Website-based Version of the Invision Power Board Forum Software is acting up badly in that thread. So, unfortunately, you'll have to follow the link over to the other forum thread on this site in order to get the instructions to repair your current install. B)

~Mr. D. V. "If you've already reinstalled and everything's working, don't worry about this repair instruction post." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users