175 replies to this topic

#161 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 10 April 2017 - 04:35 AM, said:

Lynx and Cheetah both have same # of JJs, 6. Difference is in the DHS.
Lynx has 175 XL (7 True Dubs) plus 3 outside engine locked.
Cheetah has 240XL (9 True Dubs) plus 1 outside engine locked.

My b, thought it had only four. You can tell I don't Cheetah much.

#162 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

Sooo...

Is there an official post from Russ somewhere about these hero mech policy changes?

Would love to hear it from the source instead of the forum rumor mill.

#163 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

edit: stupid me

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 10 April 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#164 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostPoptimus Rhyme Wallace, on 10 April 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Sooo...

Is there an official post from Russ somewhere about these hero mech policy changes?

Would love to hear it from the source instead of the forum rumor mill.

Posted Image

#165 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

Yeah... wonder if we will see the result of that review soon...

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 10 April 2017 - 02:53 PM.

#166 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

View PostRampage, on 10 April 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

Thank you very much!

#167 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

The Mist Lynx Hero:
Offers a right side torso with 2 energy hardpoints, the first MLX hardpoints not in the arms EVER.

The Cheetah:
One side torso with 2 ballistic hardpoints one with 1 missile hp.

The Ice Ferret:
ECM side torso. Nuff said.

The Shadow Cat:
Inflates the available numbers of hardpoints on the chassis, which is fine by me.
No hardpoint in the left torso whatsoever...go figure.

The Mad Dog:
Ballistic side torsi.

The Ebon Jag:
Ballistic side torsi, a pattern emerges... as if it was not hill peeky enough

The Hellbringer:
A 2 energy hp right torso (because it needed more of those...) and a 2 missile hp right arm to increase the potential as a missile boat. Pure hardpoint inflation. Awesome paint job.

The Gargoyle:
Unspectular arms and one ct enrgy hardpoint, but this one offers, like the Mist Lynx hero, side torso hardpoints for the first time. 2 missile hp in the left and 1 in the right.

The Executioner:
Like the Gargoye it offers missile sides, 2 hardpoints per side. Terrible paint job.

The stock weapon layouts are in general a completely chaotic mess of often too many weapon types spread over the mech via the shotgun design method, I can´t see a concept in most of them.

I dislike the entire package. A lot.Its a bunch of omnipods without any character.
There are no heroes to be found here, only hardpoints.

#168 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

All clan mechs has a very bad hardpoints (chicken or weapons in hands or smallest energy slots). I dont like this, nothing to buy. :(((. PGI dont want my money :(

#169 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:20 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 05 April 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

You have the right to be wrong, but don't pass it off as truth

An advantage is an advantage, but that doesn't mean you'll win. Give a Potato a SupaHunchDakkaBear (prime example of P2W on release), but he'll still do terrible
However, the record amount of 8+ kills and 1600+ damage from a competent player shows what it can do

Nothing in these packs is that blatantly overpowered
But, a Myth Lynx with 33% more guns is nearly that much more potent. That is pure P2W on that chassis
"But you can just grab a Cheetah" is not a solution. The Myth Lynx is garbage unless you spend $$
Grabbing another Gundam doesn't solve that issue.

You can twist your personal definition all you want, but that doesn't twist the truth
These robots are more powerful if, and only if, you spend $$

I just want to thank you for making me laugh out loud (and get odd looks) at work. I look forward to you posting your Mist Lynx 8+ kill/1,600+ damage match screenshots. Hint - no its not ever remotely that powerful and to imply otherwise is hilarious.

#170 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:40 AM

View PostAramuside, on 25 April 2017 - 03:20 AM, said:

I just want to thank you for making me laugh out loud (and get odd looks) at work. I look forward to you posting your Mist Lynx 8+ kill/1,600+ damage match screenshots. Hint - no its not ever remotely that powerful and to imply otherwise is hilarious.

Dropped with a guy in FW 2 days ago .
He was in his "Legend Lynx" (he calls it that^^ ) .
7 kills, 800+ damage on Polar Highlands for him .
Then the next match he went to repeat that .
5 kills, 500 odd damage .

Underrated Lynx is underrated ? ^^
But : even with "hardpoing inflation" it will be an inferior choice to the ACH due to size/silhoutte/body proportions .
Damagewise the new Lynx "might" exceed the ACH, but how many players around here are able to pull off such stunts regularly ?

Also : This reminds me of the uproar when the Oxide came out and many people cried "P2W" instead of engaging the Oxide outside of it´s range (oh IS LPL how I love you for stuff like that ) or from above, cause "faux" (to me its a "faux/fraud" ... any JR7 without JJ´s is no JR7 at all^^ ) Jennie can´t jump ^^

Anyways, keep discussing, stuff´s interesting (and I´m proud of all o´ youses civility, no shizzle) .

#171 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:46 AM

View PostThe Shortbus, on 25 April 2017 - 04:40 AM, said:

Dropped with a guy in FW 2 days ago .
He was in his "Legend Lynx" (he calls it that^^ ) .
7 kills, 800+ damage on Polar Highlands for him .
Then the next match he went to repeat that .
5 kills, 500 odd damage .

Underrated Lynx is underrated ? ^^
But : even with "hardpoing inflation" it will be an inferior choice to the ACH due to size/silhoutte/body proportions .
Damagewise the new Lynx "might" exceed the ACH, but how many players around here are able to pull off such stunts regularly ?

Also : This reminds me of the uproar when the Oxide came out and many people cried "P2W" instead of engaging the Oxide outside of it´s range (oh IS LPL how I love you for stuff like that ) or from above, cause "faux" (to me its a "faux/fraud" ... any JR7 without JJ´s is no JR7 at all^^ ) Jennie can´t jump ^^

Anyways, keep discussing, stuff´s interesting (and I´m proud of all o´ youses civility, no shizzle) .

800 and 500 aren't even remotely 1,600 though. Don't get me wrong I love my mediums and lights but very few lights have the combination of survivability, maneuverability and sustainable firepower to get anywhere remotely near that figure. Locusts and Arctic Cheetah imo maybe? Problem with the Mist Lynx is outside artificially induced lag shields its very delicate. I'll eventually pick up the hero but I'm not expecting a miracle just looking forwards to it being "less bad".

#172 ShootterMcGavin

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSlam Diego, CA

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

What's super annoying is that the new Mad Dog doesn't have a head mounted single energy mount. A single energy mount would allow you to put a TAG in the head and really assist in the hill humping/LRMing of the MDD. Along with the fact that the model already looks like it has some sort of TAG weapon right next to the cockpit...

#173 kutkip

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

View PostShootterMcGavin, on 09 May 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

What's super annoying is that the new Mad Dog doesn't have a head mounted single energy mount. A single energy mount would allow you to put a TAG in the head and really assist in the hill humping/LRMing of the MDD. Along with the fact that the model already looks like it has some sort of TAG weapon right next to the cockpit...

Well, the new mad dog has nothing special at all. No reason to release it. Give it at least something, could it be a head laser or a torso with ballistic or laser.

Or ct ballistics ;)

Edited by kutkip, 09 May 2017 - 06:25 AM.

#174 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:35 AM

View Postkutkip, on 09 May 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

Well, the new mad dog has nothing special at all. No reason to release it. Give it at least something, could it be a head laser or a torso with ballistic or laser.

Or ct ballistics Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image 1B in each side torso is not good enough "a torso with ballistic" ?

#175 kutkip

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:35 AM

View PostCurccu, on 09 May 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image 1B in each side torso is not good enough "a torso with ballistic" ?

I mean the version they will release for c-bills

"MDD-H"

Edited by kutkip, 09 May 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#176 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:50 AM

Any boost for Gargoyle??? Buy or buy NOT Kin-Wulf? Some armoure, or downgrade engine to 390 or 395... I am willing to buy, but now is to many tons of rust

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users