They Should Ban Newbies From Assault Mechs!

89 replies to this topic

#81 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

I'd really like to know how you can get out of Tier 5 in one match ...

I played for 8 months and was just below the Tier 4, but I'm rather bad and potato-esque ...

Then I had to take a two months break, and my "XP bar"' was reset to zero.

After playing lots of matches since coming back, my "XP bar" doesn't move.

Please teach me how to git gud, sempai ?

#82 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 07 April 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

I'd really like to know how you can get out of Tier 5 in one match ...

I played for 8 months and was just below the Tier 4, but I'm rather bad and potato-esque ...

Then I had to take a two months break, and my "XP bar"' was reset to zero.

After playing lots of matches since coming back, my "XP bar" doesn't move.

Please teach me how to git gud, sempai ?

New accounts are given a PSR multiplier. My very first match in a new alt account moved me into Tier 4. It took me 15 more matches to get to Tier 3.

#83 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

Ah ... so my first 25 matches after the Academy, when I was truly horrible and got my behind handed to me in Trial Mechs, killed my chances of swift climbing ... bah, I play for the fun, not for the XP anyway.

And it is normal that my XP bar was reset to zero ? I haven't read anywhere that you lose "XPs" by not playing ...

#84 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:02 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 07 April 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

Ah ... so my first 25 matches after the Academy, when I was truly horrible and got my behind handed to me in Trial Mechs, killed my chances of swift climbing ... bah, I play for the fun, not for the XP anyway.

Yep. If you don't hit the ground running with your account, then you will be relegated to the slower grind through the Tiers. As any XP system should be.

BTW: Good attitude to have about playing, though.

And it is normal that my XP bar was reset to zero ? I haven't read anywhere that you lose "XPs" by not playing ...

Not quite sure what you are talking about here. Need more information.

#85 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:22 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 07 April 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

That system was implemented to prevent T1 (or otherwise what would be considered "high skilled") players from making a new account and "terrorizing" the new and "low skilled" players. So they can quickly and easily be adjusted to the tier they should be in.

Overall, I have found the PSR system and Tier ranking to not have a real indication on individual player skill. I know of people in T5 who should be T1, and others in T1 who self insist they belong in T4-3.

I "like to know" what tiers other players are that I play with (such as unitmates and stuff), but overall I don't see it as any real indication of skills.

Edit: As for your problem, no. PSR does not adjust unless you play the game. It does not slowly deplete when you are away, so your PSR tier should never change unless you played the game to make it do so.

Edited by Tesunie, 07 April 2017 - 09:23 AM.

#86 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

View Postvandalhooch, on 07 April 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Not quite sure what you are talking about here. Need more information.

View PostTesunie, on 07 April 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Edit: As for your problem, no. PSR does not adjust unless you play the game. It does not slowly deplete when you are away, so your PSR tier should never change unless you played the game to make it do so.

Well, to reply to both posts at once :

When I had to stop playing due to health problems back in november 2016, I was "just below" Tier 4, as in my Tier 5 bar was full, maybe a pixel or so left.

When I came back (out of the hospital) in february 2017, my "XP bar" was totally empty and back to zero, start of Tier 5.

Should I try to contact support ? I've been re-learning the game since february, and I had more red downarrow than other results, but I don't think I've had enough of those to get down to the dregs of Tier 5 ...

#87 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 07 April 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

When I had to stop playing due to health problems back in november 2016, I was "just below" Tier 4, as in my Tier 5 bar was full, maybe a pixel or so left.

When I came back (out of the hospital) in february 2017, my "XP bar" was totally empty and back to zero, start of Tier 5.

Should I try to contact support ? I've been re-learning the game since february, and I had more red downarrow than other results, but I don't think I've had enough of those to get down to the dregs of Tier 5 ...

Yeah, I've got nothing to add.

#88 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 07 April 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

If you feel it did change when it should (AKA: While you where away), than it doesn't hurt to contact support about it. They are a very helpful bunch of people there, and I've never had an issue with them.

But yeah, it's not suppose to do that. But, considering "rust" and things, maybe it might be best for you to just work from where you currently are? I know that sounds like it sucks, but you'll get that PSR up again if you just play the game. Though, without the new account boost, it will take some time for it to do so.

#89 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:06 AM

As I said a few posts higher, I don't really care for Tier anyway ... what I want is to have fun, build 'mechs around theorical ideas and then test them in the field, and "git gud" with the 'mechs that please me.

So I'm not really fussed about that XP bar going up, down or sideways :)

#90 Piney II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

Yeah......

No room to let new players figure the game out
No room to let players figure out / level new mechs
No room for any player less than expert in their mechs.

That would be a very tiny world, OP.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users