• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

Hollander BZK-F3
Hollander BZK-G1

Wow, who knew that these were in game all along, and for C-bills no less!!

Have fun!

#2 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

No Gauss Quirks?

LolNoGGCloseWTF?PGIPlzDOA

#3 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

I knew that a year ago. There was even threads on how to build a hollander. The firestarter lets you put the gauss in the side torso. A panther or raven requires the arm but the panther 10P has quirks well suited to gauss rifles whereas the firestarter and raven have nothing beyond MG ROF bonuses. The 10P has a lot of armor bonuses (the raven 4x has structure quirks only and the FS has no armor/structure/agility bonuses), a turn rate bonus, and 25% ballistic range, cooldown and 20% velocity quirking.

Those hollstarters have 214 pts of armor on the shotgun and 143 with the gauss. The hanther would do the same loadouts with 104 points of bonus armor, and shoot the gauss round an extra 165 meters optimal, 400mps faster, and 1.25 seconds quicker.

#4 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 April 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Hollander BZK-F3
Hollander BZK-G1

Wow, who knew that these were in game all along, and for C-bills no less!!

Have fun!

I don't think it's even about the gauss for these guys but rather just a small mech built around such a big gun. Even if that big gun would be a complete liability for the pilot in MWO.

#5 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 April 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

I knew that a year ago. There was even threads on how to build a hollander. The firestarter lets you put the gauss in the side torso. A panther or raven requires the arm but the panther 10P has quirks well suited to gauss rifles whereas the firestarter and raven have nothing beyond MG ROF bonuses. The 10P has a lot of armor bonuses (the raven 4x has structure quirks only and the FS has no armor/structure/agility bonuses), a turn rate bonus, and 25% ballistic range, cooldown and 20% velocity quirking.

Those hollstarters have 214 pts of armor on the shotgun and 143 with the gauss. The hanther would do the same loadouts with 104 points of bonus armor, and shoot the gauss round an extra 165 meters optimal, 400mps faster, and 1.25 seconds quicker.

I realize all of that, I just rebuilt the Hollander stock loadouts EXACTLY as they were in the source material just to show the 300+ people voting for the Hollander in my poll that they can already build that mech in game and don't need to waste a mech release on a light built entirely around a Gauss rifle. The derp factor is too damn high.

#6 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:00 PM

I think the ones voting in the poll expect quirks that benefit the gauss rifle, and thus that is why they want a new mech chassis. That and the fact the hollander is a chicken walker.

#7 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 April 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

I realize all of that, I just rebuilt the Hollander stock loadouts EXACTLY as they were in the source material just to show the 300+ people voting for the Hollander in my poll that they can already build that mech in game and don't need to waste a mech release on a light built entirely around a Gauss rifle. The derp factor is too damn high.

I know! Swap Gauss for an AC/20 and we can talk.
(Besides, ECM Gauss Cicada anyone?)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 April 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#8 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 April 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

I think the ones voting in the poll expect quirks that benefit the gauss rifle, and thus that is why they want a new mech chassis. That and the fact the hollander is a chicken walker.

Still going to be a pretty gimmicky mech. The best you are going to get is an old Grid-Iron style cooldown quirk, and even then, you won't have enough ammo to do a significant amount of damage.

#9 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

Somebody should try running this build in solo queue for funsies. =3

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...460e92fca09d596

or...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f85c596d0ed88e3

lol

Edited by Tarogato, 10 April 2017 - 03:13 PM.

#10 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

Now what would be funny is PGI is like "huh, they want the Hollander, but, the Hollander 1 blows, let's do the Hollander 2 because a high mounted GR/HGR on a 45 ton mech would be more useful and show off our civil war tech!" Plus the base Hollander 2 has a ML, a Streak 2, and a GR, plus it is a 45 ton mech which means at least you can pack enough ammo to make use of that GR. Still only 2 variants.

Huh, yeah, actually Hollander 2 would give something somewhat useful, well new I should say, if they gave it like 2E, 2M, 2B, and 4B for the two canon versions (neither have JJ's) and then make up versions and go wild with it.

Edited by Moonlight Grimoire, 10 April 2017 - 03:18 PM.

#11 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 10 April 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Now what would be funny is PGI is like "huh, they want the Hollander, but, the Hollander 1 blows, let's do the Hollander 2 because a high mounted GR/HGR on a 45 ton mech would be more useful and show off our civil war tech!" Plus the base Hollander 2 has a ML, a Streak 2, and a GR, plus it is a 45 ton mech which means at least you can pack enough ammo to make use of that GR. Still only 2 variants.

Huh, yeah, actually Hollander 2 would give something somewhat useful, well new I should say, if they gave it like 2E, 2M, 2B, and 4B for the two canon versions (neither have JJ's) and then make up versions and go wild with it.

But then you could just put a GR on a Blackjack and you're good. Better even because it'd be in the arm

#12 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 10 April 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Now what would be funny is PGI is like "huh, they want the Hollander, but, the Hollander 1 blows, let's do the Hollander 2 because a high mounted GR/HGR on a 45 ton mech....

I've been thinking about Hollander II since I realized that the one in MechCommander is actually it (not the original).

But the II's practicallity actually makes it less interesting than the original because what makes the Hollander attractive is that someone tried to shoehorn a big@ss Gauss Rifle to a puny light 'Mech.

In MWO, it will have a no Charge-Up Gauss quirk.

Posted Image

BTW I didn't vote for it.

Edited by Hit the Deck, 10 April 2017 - 03:33 PM.

#13 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 10 April 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

I've been thinking about Hollander II since I realized that the one in MechCommander is actually it (not the original).

But the II's practicallity actually makes it less interesting than the original because what makes the Hollander attractive is that someone tried to shoehorn a big@ss Gauss Rifle to a puny light 'Mech.

They wish haha.

#14 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 10 April 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

But then you could just put a GR on a Blackjack and you're good. Better even because it'd be in the arm

Can't put Heavy Gauss in the arm of a Blackjack, so, that would be it's one niche. Otherwise, yeah, BJ does it's job better.

View PostHit the Deck, on 10 April 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

BTW I didn't vote for it.

No charge up quirk would make it actually very powerful imo and give it a solid niche, and I didn't vote for it either. Still, nice art, silly to make a chicken leg hunchback at 35 tons with a longer hunch because that is what the Hollander really would be. Man it would end up being hilarious to see, but, really feels like it would be a waste of dev time.

#15 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

The hero could be called "Freebie" because that's what this mech would be in game without ultra-quirks.

#16 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

I've played with gauss Kit Fox and Shadow Cat. They are fun.

#17 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 10 April 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

BTW, the Kit Fox Alt. Config A is what inspired the IS to create the Hollander.

You can see the result, lol Posted Image

#18 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 10 April 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

They also have Gauss rifles weighing 12 tons instead of 15.

But I digress. I've seen Solahma run a Gauss ACH...successfully...so what do I know?

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users