Roadmap For April, May, And Beyond

162 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

It's time again for a look into the coming months of content currently planned for MechWarrior Online. You can check out our previous January Roadmap and Beyond post here.
April and May see two significant releases, with the Incursion Game Mode arriving April 18th and the Skill Tree revamp planned to arrive May 16th. Work is currently underway on a number of Faction Play improvements and features set for release later this year, while the Civil War quickly approaches release this July, bringing with it new 'Mechs, new tech, and new weaponry.
There's much more on the way, so without further delay let's take a look at what’s to come for MechWarrior Online in the months of April, May, June, and beyond.

Patch Date: April 18th

Roughneck (Store)

Pictured variant: Roughneck RGH-1A [S]

Incursion Game Mode
The brand new Incursion Game Mode is set for release this April! You can get a rundown on the Game Mode in our recent Public Test announcement post here, along with a list of changes made as a result of your testing and feedback here. While Incursion is currently only supported for Quick Play, our level designers are currently working to integrate Incursion into Faction Play for a future patch.

Global/Floating Chat
Improvements to the in-game chat systems are set for release this April, providing new levels of persistence and refinement to the frontend chat systems.

Alpine Peaks Domination Beacon Relocation
Our initial adjustment to the Domination Game Mode for Alpine back in December didn't quite hit the mark. In this patch we are making further terrain adjustments for line of sight to the Beacon, along with a change to the Beacon location to improve balance between Team spawns.

Command Wheel & BattleGrid Command Improvements
Commands issued through the Command Wheel and BattleGrid will now provide coordinate information to your teammates along with the alerts.

New Loading Screens

Skill Tree Public Test #2
A second Public Test Session of the upcoming Skill Tree revamp is planned for this April, prior to a full release of the feature currently planned for the May patch.

Patch Date: May 16th

Javelin (Store)

Skill Tree, Engine Desync, and Balance Adjustments
Pending another phase of Public Test in April the new Skill Tree is planned for release in the May patch.
We know there has been some concern expressed regarding the transfer of progress and Modules over to the new system since the previous Skill Tree Public Test, and we want to assure everyone that we have taken great care in ensuring your Skill progress will be retained in the new system; we think you'll be pleased with the solutions.
A complete rundown on all the changes you'll see with the new Skill Tree compared to the previous testing phase is well outside the scope of this Roadmap, but you can expect all the details in the associated Public Test post later in April.

Turret Performance Optimization (Minor impact)
Turret objects will be receiving some model optimizations in May; these adjustments will hopefully lead to some minor performance gains for Game Modes in which Turrets are utilized.

Quickdraw and Victor Weapon Retrofits
The Quickdraw and Victor will be receiving a weapon retrofit pass this May, primarily aimed at improving the display of Missile weaponry to more accurately reflect the loadout.

Patch Date: June 20th

Inner Sphere Hero 'Mechs (Store)

8v8 Competitive/Ranked Mode
Competitive play is set to receive an official presence in MechWarrior Online this June with the release of an ELO-Ranked 8v8 mode, featuring competitive leaderboards, team registration and management features, competitive play lobbies, detailed statistics and standings, and more. We are also planning to release an API intended to provide community-run leagues and tournaments with the ability to draw match data for use in their own bracket and match result systems.

Civil War Technology and Timeline Advancement: New Weapons and Equipment

2017 Tournament Supporter Pack

Improved Spectator Tools

‘Mech IK (apologies for the moving delays on this one)

Faction Play Special Event System

Faction Play Improvements, integrating suggestions and feedback from Faction Play Roundtables

Incursion Game Mode in Faction Play

New Maps!

2017 Annual Rewards Program

Upcoming 'Mechs
Civil War 'Mechs (Store)
Clan Hero 'Mechs (Store)
• New standard (C-Bill) variants for Clan Wave 2 & 3 'Mechs, featuring distinct Loadouts.
Clan IIC Hero 'Mechs

Mech_Con 2017 and the 2017 MechWarrior Online World Championships

And more...

#2 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

Roughneck looks awesome. Think I'll have to channel Ellen Ripley when I'm piloting it... ;)

#3 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

That Is one sexy Industrial mech. mmf.

Posted Image

#4 Clanner Scum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

New maps. My favorite part of this announcement.

#5 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:01 PM

cant Wait for whats to come, ;)

#6 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

IK in 90 days ™

And looking forward to the obligatory "Sincere apologies again to everyone looking for a slew of new Decals to accommodate the many requests; we promise that future patches this year will see more substantial Decal additions!" a forth time in a row.

#7 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 April 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

We know there has been some concern expressed regarding the transfer of progress and Modules over to the new system since the previous Skill Tree Public Test, and we want to assure everyone that we have taken great care in ensuring your Skill progress will be retained in the new system; we think you'll be pleased with the solutions.

Hopefully it will be equitably pleasing to those that did and/or did not invest in lots of modules as well...

Don't get me wrong, I am not crying for 100% refunds on something I may have been using for years...

just... something... since we did invest in them...

At the same time, I am happy to hear you are looking to not put the space poor at a disadvantage after they've invested time into leveling their mechs.

#8 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

So when do we hear more info on the standard C-bill Wave 2 and Wave 3 variants.

#9 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

So, does that mean that Mech IK won't make an appearance this year?

Also, does it mean that we won't see 2017 championship announcement before July?

#10 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

View PostScout Derek, on 10 April 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

That Is one sexy Industrial mech. mmf.

Posted Image

ummm... I'm counting at least 4 "high" mounts on that config...

noice!

#11 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 10 April 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

ummm... I'm counting at least 4 "high" mounts on that config...

noice!

2xB RT, 2xM LT, 1xE H.

That H mount isn't useful for anything more potent than a Medium-class laser, and you can't get any ballistics stacked in one side more potent than 2x RAC/5 (which might actually be sufficient, but also heavy even for an LFE).

It will be a solid 'Mech, but with ecclectic loadouts. I think it will be fun.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 10 April 2017 - 05:25 PM.

#12 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

Faction Play "4.2" was discussed as coming in April at the round table, now we have to wait for what - July?

Just not good enough. Well over 6 months for stuff that should've been done 18months ago as part of FP3 launch, which hurt the community more than most realise.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 10 April 2017 - 05:32 PM.

#13 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

I am still thinking Special Ops as the additional tab for comp play

I would rather see some way to join comp play with FP
That way would be Special Operations or special ops for short

Special ops would be defined as a way for teams to meet up on the battle field
By appointment

#14 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

Do you also have in mind of fixing long standing bugs like shadows problem for some Mechs or you think there is always something more important? Sure a new map is cool and a new Mech is nice but it would be great to know you are willing to fix what you introduce also so this mean fix what you have added in the past instead of always reporting like if there is always something more important.

I like devs who polish their game. I understand adding new content usually bring more money but not taking care of small problems can turn into bad press and some will prefer to stay away and look elsewhere.

Refreshing your memory:

#15 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

Quickdraw and Victor Weapon Retrofits
The Quickdraw and Victor will be receiving a weapon retrofit pass this May, primarily aimed at improving the display of Missile weaponry to more accurately reflect the loadout.

If this means the tube counts are fixed (and the stupid add on missile box in the 4H's left torso) then I may even reward your good behavior with some real money purchases.

If not, then what the hell does it mean?

Edited by Bud Crue, 10 April 2017 - 05:52 PM.

#16 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 10 April 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

I am still thinking Special Ops as the additional tab for comp play

I would rather see some way to join comp play with FP
That way would be Special Operations or special ops for short

Special ops would be defined as a way for teams to meet up on the battle field
By appointment

Your asking a little too much there. Lets not turn everything into comp player paradise. It wouldn't make much sense in the light of FP, matches and mechs drop when ready.

#17 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

Very nice update. Lots of good stuff here. A couple of highlights for me ...

"Alpine Peaks Domination Beacon Relocation" ... I really like the domination game mode but on some maps -- like Alpine -- it is really frustrating how asymmetric it is. This is interesting for competitive matches, where you know which side you're going to start on and can plan for it. This often pits different playing styles against each other. In FP and QP it is easy to feel like you lost because you prepared for the wrong thing (or won because you got lucky).

"Faction Play Special Event System" and "Improvements ... from Faction Play Roundtables" ... please keep the information flowing on this. It is nice that you listen to us. It is great when you turn our feedback into improvements and features. The months of silence in between are really hard for us to deal with. Sneak-peeks, screen shots of random stuff, interviews (give Phil and Daeron something to talk about every week like they promised us), etc. Help keep us interested in what you're doing.

#18 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

How about fixing the typo in the XL 100 engine weight that has been there for 5 years PGI.

It only takes 1 second to change it from 0.5 to -0.5

#19 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 April 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

So when do we hear more info on the standard C-bill Wave 2 and Wave 3 variants.

Probably they will release the Civil War-tech variants, like the "E" variants (Gargoyle E, Executioner E, Mist Lynx E, Ice Ferret E...).
I need to check out the hardpoints and omnipods to see what new these chassis will get.

PS: why not new variants for the Wave 1 mechs too?

#20 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

The Clans need Urbanmech IIC. It's like snickers for MWO, it's why Clan Smoke Jaguar is grumpy AF.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users