162 replies to this topic

#21 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Not too shabby looking, but there's lots of work to be done before my hope and faith are restored.

I'll cautiously await seeing full details on the next rundown of the skill tree public test, but the fact that the changes can't be summarized in the roadmap -because they're so vast- makes me look forward to it. The premise wasn't something I think anyone was against, but the implementation and "skill node maze" left much to be desired.

I'm curious what "balance adjustments" are coming down the line. Maybe some of the underperforming and/or essentially trash weapons (*cough*Flamer*cough . . . especially after it was butchered in the Flamergeddon) will get the attention they desperately need? I would really like to see the "balance new guy", Chris, get to keep those "promises" that they're going to address all of the underused weapons in the game that run from useless to niche at best.

Although a height of curiosity on the roadmap are the Quickdraw and Victor receiving weapon geometry passes. Does that mean there's hope for poor chassis that were butchered in the "dynamic geometry overhaul" like the Commando (plugged SRM6 for an SRM2), Centurion (loss of missile doors and dinky cannon arm), Dragon (lopsided missile tubes and butchered cannon arm) or Awesome (dinky PPCs)? If those are going to be slowly addressed I daresay I wouldn't be so apprehensive about piloting some of those good oldies.

Edited by Sereglach, 10 April 2017 - 06:31 PM.

#22 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

Alpine Peaks Domination Beacon Relocation
Our initial adjustment to the Domination Game Mode for Alpine back in December didn't quite hit the mark. In this patch we are making further terrain adjustments for line of sight to the Beacon, along with a change to the Beacon location to improve balance between Team spawns.

Excellent!

(unless its made even worse again) and as for 'didn't quite hit the mark'- ROFL!!!

Edits:

new CBills variants for II & III wave mechs is a good move.

I hope that the WC supports pack is sooner than later (if its like last time, as its value diminishes over time)

Please can we have a proper huge urban city map! (or huge industrial park with mech factories etc)

Edited by chucklesMuch, 10 April 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#23 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

View PostRhialto, on 10 April 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

Do you also have in mind of fixing long standing bugs like shadows problem for some Mechs or you think there is always something more important? Sure a new map is cool and a new Mech is nice but it would be great to know you are willing to fix what you introduce also so this mean fix what you have added in the past instead of always reporting like if there is always something more important.

I like devs who polish their game. I understand adding new content usually bring more money but not taking care of small problems can turn into bad press and some will prefer to stay away and look elsewhere.

content content content

#24 Pilotshark

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationUnder heavy enemy fire

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

Are the new hero names going to be visible in-game? Supernova and Assassin still don't.

#25 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 10 April 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Quickdraw and Victor Weapon Retrofits
The Quickdraw and Victor will be receiving a weapon retrofit pass this May, primarily aimed at improving the display of Missile weaponry to more accurately reflect the loadout.

If this means the tube counts are fixed (and the stupid add on missile box in the 4H's left torso) then I may even reward your good behavior with some real money purchases.

If not, then what the hell does it mean?

I think they are only fixing the visual.
I recall victor, orion and few mechs does not display the correct tube count when install with any missile.
Example: Orion's second missile rake will always show 10 tube, whether you put SSRM, SRM or LRM there.

Would love it if the Victor line all get missile tube count inflation.
Even 10/6/4 is better than what we have now.

Edited by xengk, 10 April 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#26 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

Any chance of a sneak peak or a brief description of said new maps? Pretty Please??

#27 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

This year is going to be huge.

#Incursion in FW

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 10 April 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#28 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

View Postxengk, on 10 April 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

I think they are only fixing the visual.
I recall victor, orion and few mechs does not display the correct tube count when install with any missile.
Example: Orion's second missile rake will always show 10 tube, whether you put SSRM, SRM or LRM there.

Would love it if the Victor line all get missile tube count inflation.
Even 10/6/4 is better than what we have now.

Some dev posted somewhere that there were going to fix the Victor's tube count, so I'm hoping they meant giving it more tubes.

#29 HerbieTheCar

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNauru, Central Pacific Ocean

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

I am pretty excited. I hope the new Skill tree and the release of the Civil War patch will bring back players that have quit and hopefully the population of this game will grow again.

#30 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

View PostBWS2K, on 10 April 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

Ellen Ripley

Ripley had a first name? Seems like something I should have known by now.

#31 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

Quickdraw and Victor Weapon Retrofits
The Quickdraw and Victor will be receiving a weapon retrofit pass this May, primarily aimed at improving the display of Missile weaponry to more accurately reflect the loadout.

Not sure if this is the most relevant part but I would personally hope that Victors get DECENT amount of tubes per missile hardpoint... like 6.
X-5 got upped to 20 from 2 not sure why cant Victor get few more tubes also so you could shoot a SRM6 without ripple fire.

#32 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:30 PM

HOT DAMN! That Roughneck looks great! I expect it to be a heavy ShadowHawk with no JJs (QQ) and have better survivability than the JagerMech. Also, you can't strip the arms' armor in the Jager because the big guns are placed there. Stripping the arms can give you more tonnage to invest in more weaponry, ammo, heat sinks or, more importantly, mobility.

I will buy the Roughneck after I see some gameplay - I am a careful buyer.

I think PGI should not spend time on the Inverse Kinematics (IK). Yes, it looks great but there are many other ways to make the game even more immersive.

Also, we need MAPS.

o7

#33 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

Interesting roadmap...

Edited by Cato Phoenix, 10 April 2017 - 10:50 PM.

#34 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:50 PM

New Maps! Plural!

Hopefully it's not reworks of existing maps to better suit other game modes, but anything is better than nothing.

It's good to see the issue with Alpine Peaks - Domination final bein addressed. It was always a *groan* moment seeing that combo selected and ending up in the "wrong" dropzone.

#35 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:58 PM

View PostMoadebe, on 10 April 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

what exactly is engine desyncing .... like allowing us to change the engine size in a clan omnipod mech?

I always found that calling it engine desyncing is a poor choice of words.

that's all i got

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 10 April 2017 - 11:58 PM.

#36 Der Hauptman

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 10 April 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

Ripley had a first name? Seems like something I should have known by now.

Check Wiki :)

#37 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:20 AM

That's it? Posted Image

#38 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

View PostPeiper, on 11 April 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

That's it? Posted Image

looking at the previous roadmaps, and this one, One could make a thread about the good stuff coming down.

dude, "new maps"!

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 11 April 2017 - 12:29 AM.

#39 W31rdWarrior

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

Nice update here, finally we'll see new maps (hoping PGI will not delay them to the next year, like IK seems destined to).
But:
- Atlas still have a VERY bad walking animation, so, any hope you fix it, please?
- Catapult still have the same Archer issue, floating bay doors shadows
- Highlander's arm mounted Gauss Rifle looks like an Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle
Spoiler

- Nova still have weird left arm
Spoiler

I know that are only minor aesthetics problems, but it's many months that we are asking for fixes

Edited by W31rdWarrior, 11 April 2017 - 02:58 AM.

#40 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:53 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 10 April 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

The Clans need Urbanmech IIC. It's like snickers for MWO, it's why Clan Smoke Jaguar is grumpy AF.

This! We need to BALANCE this game! For too long, the clam have only tasted the greatness by facing it in combat!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users