Countdown To Roughneck Release April 18Th

87 replies to this topic

#21 Arthur SIlverlake

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

uuuuh....the size doesn't please me that much, it is the tallest of all the 65 Tons. Though for sure not the widest Torso but, the height difference makes me worried.

#22 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

I don't know...the Tbolt is much shorter but it is such a thick slab it suffers. Seems like the Roughneck is a smidge taller than the Hellbringer. The Hellbringer is a solid clan mech, so...maybe the Roughneck is okay height-wise.

#23 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

No one is going to mention how high those side torso energy hardpoints are?
Posted Image

#24 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

View PostArthur SIlverlake, on 14 April 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

uuuuh....the size doesn't please me that much, it is the tallest of all the 65 Tons. Though for sure not the widest Torso but, the height difference makes me worried.

It is nearly the exact same size as the Hellbringer with all its weapon hardpoints being higher.

#25 Arthur SIlverlake

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostRampage, on 14 April 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

It is nearly the exact same size as the Hellbringer with all its weapon hardpoints being higher.

well you also have to think a bit, that the Hellbringer being a clan kinda helps it with it's size, even if it stuck with certain components since it is omnipod. It has some good points, such as ecm, and able to survive a Torso blown off from with a XL Engine.

While I think it is slimmer in the Torso area, I just a bit worried. Totally love it, though if it was somewhere between Hellbringer and Thunderbolt, I would have been much happier

Edited by Arthur SIlverlake, 14 April 2017 - 08:48 PM.

#26 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

Hmmm why is an industrial mech taller than most equal weight battlemechs? Wouldnt it normally be slightly smaller and more compact?

#27 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

It's not an IndustrialMech, it's a BattleMech BASED off one ;)

#28 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:45 AM

Does anyone else think it looks taller in its front on comparisons than its side on comparisons ?

I hate polar and i hate lurms but that Merik picture is my favourite............................

What weapon is that mass muzzle flash in the Steiner pic ?

#29 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:21 AM

View PostCadoAzazel, on 15 April 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

Does anyone else think it looks taller in its front on comparisons than its side on comparisons ?

I hate polar and i hate lurms but that Merik picture is my favourite............................

What weapon is that mass muzzle flash in the Steiner pic ?

Given that there are more than 2 of the weapons on it i'd say ac2, not sure if you can put that many ac5 on it and have room for ammo

#30 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

I thought we were supposed to see the quirks today...interested to see them so I can finalize some draft builds.

#31 Ghardyne Dynamics

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

Yeah waiting for them too. Want to get my gear ready before launch.

#32 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

If this has ok quirks I'm going to buy it. It looks really good Atm. Even if its not lore.

#33 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

About what I expected to be honest with structure quirks across the board and very few weapon quirks.

I wish the 1C had the UAC-5 jam chance quirk instead of the Reaver (since I could theoretically throw 3 on the 1C with a decent amount of ammo if I ran an XL).

I also would not have minded an AC-20 quirk on the 2A, but you cannot have it all.

Excited to give this chassis a try. I think I will run all STD engines except for 1 XL build to test the waters. This guy will really benefit from the LFE later this summer.

It sure looks nice...I hope that Reaver color is the new default paint job.

#34 Arthur SIlverlake

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:52 PM

you gave......the Mechs with 1 energy Hardpoint. an Energy Cooldown, The Missile Boats, Machine gun quirks, the Laser boat only a -5% Heat Gen...... and the mechs with single Missile Hard points a 15% Missile Cooldown..........

It is very.......underwhelming. You can argue that you are trying to make the weakest parts of the mechs better. But it definitly should have been the other way around especially since those quirks wouldn't matter a month later. Could have been more settling for the Variant( Give the 1A a Balistic CD Quirk, even if it only for 1 type of weapon like AC/10. and atleast give some Energy Boat 3A variant the energy CD Quirk, could even just be a Duration)

On the light side these things are going to be as tanky as a 70 tonner, with all those armor quirks. I think the only good variants are the 1C and the 2A mainly cause those are the ones with a high mount Balistic that can benefit the CD Quirk.,

edit notes: took off my little rant cause it was a bit too whiny

Edited by Arthur SIlverlake, 15 April 2017 - 10:11 PM.

#35 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

View PostArthur SIlverlake, on 15 April 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

We know we have a month away from Skill Tree Revamp, before you wipe these quirks off, but seriously you couldn't, give it decent for a while!?

Hm, you may want to have a look at the, say, Bushwacker's quirks. Then come back and tell me about the Roughneck's quirks.... Compared to some recent releases, this is extremely generous.

#36 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

1 Energy hardpoint...in the head...gets 20 percent energy cooldown.

Quirk dartboard strikes again.

#37 Arthur SIlverlake

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 15 April 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

Hm, you may want to have a look at the, say, Bushwacker's quirks. Then come back and tell me about the Roughneck's quirks.... Compared to some recent releases, this is extremely generous.

yeah Kinda overeacted and re-edited my post. I think it is going to be a surprising tank of a mech, that is not going to easily die, but kinda wished, they played it towards the main weapons instead of the side weapons. 2A and 1C are probably going to be the strongest though.

#38 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:26 PM

View PostGarfuncle, on 15 April 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

1 Energy hardpoint...in the head...gets 20 percent energy cooldown.

Quirk dartboard strikes again.

They probably thought it having both the most ballistic hard points and mounting 2 of them high would make up for a lack of ballistic quirks. So they'd give it a token buff to it's only energy point, which is in the head. Barring the introduction of small cockpits, it will be a medium, ER medium, or pulse medium at best.

#39 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

If they're following the same trend as the other recent releases, the previews won't be daily. Expect a couple of updates every 2 or 3 days instead

EDIT: NEVER MIND, QUIRKS ARE UP

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 15 April 2017 - 10:40 PM.

#40 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:31 PM

1C looks interesting as a brawler with its high missile mounts.
3A may be the new TDR-5SS.
The hero looks like a nice sniper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users