365 replies to this topic

#61 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

View PostArkaiko, on 23 April 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

clan weapons got better range and more damage, uses less slots and are lighter so yes, even PGI recognizes that clan hitboxes are much better that IS hitboxes, that will be fixed at civil war patch

Don't forget we can only fire 2 lpl before ghost heat kicks in.

#62 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:53 AM

View PostThe Shortbus, on 23 April 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

Ever seen those so called OP poptarts get torn apart by massed ERLL´s ... midair ?

Thats why I like IS mechs ... I dont need to fear any poptart at all ... they will be up long enough to get a whiff of ERLL vomit, and with the high mounts of the BLR that will be even funny .

Also, y u no countapoptart ?
or just have your Pirates Bane pilot go rip him a new one.

#63 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 April 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

You're still better off with Clan tech higher heat because of more DHS.

Clan mechs run hotter much of the time because you can build them to a higher alpha. Build a Clan mech to the same alpha as an IS equiv and you'll have better range and better heat but a longer burn time.

The *only* IS weapon clanners would be drooling over is the IS UAC5... hmmm how many could I fit on a Dire whale? 6?

#64 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

View PostGrus, on 24 April 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

or just have your Pirates Bane pilot go rip him a new one.

This right here... Everyone crows about high mounts but they have a flaw... ya can't shoot smart ankle biters! Don't ask your teammates to help because unless they are good shots they will do more dmg to you than the locust/commando/spider...

Meta evolves because of nerfs and buffs, this is true, but it's also because when large numbers of people gravitate to a playstyle (i.e. it because the meta), the smart(er) players will gravitate to the playstyle that counters the meta because they *know* so many people are running it that they can count on the counter play being effective.

This is the other reason meta evolves... It's the meta until suddenly... its not...

#65 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 24 April 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

This right here... Everyone crows about high mounts but they have a flaw... ya can't shoot smart ankle biters! Don't ask your teammates to help because unless they are good shots they will do more dmg to you than the locust/commando/spider...

Meta evolves because of nerfs and buffs, this is true, but it's also because when large numbers of people gravitate to a playstyle (i.e. it because the meta), the smart(er) players will gravitate to the playstyle that counters the meta because they *know* so many people are running it that they can count on the counter play being effective.

This is the other reason meta evolves... It's the meta until suddenly... its not...

Holy crap! Did... did moving Target agree with me?! #proud ;) lol

#66 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 24 April 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

The *only* IS weapon clanners would be drooling over is the IS UAC5... hmmm how many could I fit on a Dire whale? 6?

IS LPLs. Dat 0.66 burn, yo.

You're losing 2 tons 2 slots each, so that would be an extra 12 tons and 12 slots. Not sure you could make 6 work on a Dire. End of that day you could carry 8 CUAC5s for the same weight as 6 IS UAC6s. Flat out not worth it. Also losing a tiny bit of range but not a lot.

For example you really couldn't run a 3x IS UAC5 on a HBK IIC and have it be any good.

Nope, I'd take C UAC5s over IS UAC5s even on IS mechs. The weight/space saving is just so good.

#67 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

View PostGrus, on 24 April 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

Holy crap! Did... did moving Target agree with me?! #proud Posted Image lol

Meh, I don't hold grudges and I will agree with fair points even if the guy flamed me 2 posts prior...

#68 MechWarrior1882652

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

Well here's how i see it, there is no point in talking about this or that being over powered because 9 times out of 10, when i lose in mechwarrior online it's due to my team running around like chickens with their heads cut off thanks to a lack of proper coordination or communication, not due to a mech being over powered. Honestly the only thing i really like about the clan mechs myself is their omni pods because i like being able to switch out a arm or torso in order to get the particular loadout i want rather than having three variants of one mech, with a big chance that none of those three variants will come close to having the hard points i want. At least with the clan mechs i can get very close to the build i prefer no matter which mech i choose.

Now with that being said i have one more thing to say and it's directed at @Khan Attakhan, the mechwarrior community has been one of the finest and most enjoyable to be around, excluding the ones like yourself who have an extremely distasteful attitude. If you have nothing constructive to say, i would suggest you refrain from saying anything at all.

Edited by itsJylerTAG, 24 April 2017 - 03:06 PM.

#69 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostitsJylerTAG, on 24 April 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Well here's how i see it, there is no point in talking about this or that being over powered because 9 times out of 10, when i lose in mechwarrior online it's due to my team running around like chickens with their heads cut off thanks to a lack of proper coordination or communication, not due to a mech being over powered. Honestly the only thing i really like about the clan mechs myself is their omni pods because i like being able to switch out a arm or torso in order to get the particular loadout i want rather than having three variants of one mech, with a big chance that none of those three variants will come close to having the hard points i want. At least with the clan mechs i can get very close to the build i prefer no matter which mech i choose.

Now with that being said i have one more thing to say and it's directed at @Khan Attakhan, the mechwarrior community has been one of the finest and most enjoyable to be around, excluding the ones like yourself who have an extremely distasteful attitude. If you have nothing constructive to say, i would suggest you refrain from saying anything at all.
add Carl Vickers to that list

#70 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostGrus, on 24 April 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Doesnt change the fact that you are potato, enjoy.

#71 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostGrus, on 24 April 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Carl is actually a really nice guy, he just has a low threshold for starch. In fact, he's quite patient with players that are just learning the game, especially those that ask questions about why the meta is the way it is, and look inward to improve instead of blaming everyone else around them. That said, Carl has a really really low threshold for those "I play my own way, kthxbye" attitudes.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 24 April 2017 - 04:53 PM.

#72 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 24 April 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Carl is actually a really nice guy, he just has a low threshold for starch. In fact, he's quite patient with players that are just learning the game, especially those that ask questions about why the meta is the way it is, and look inward to improve instead of blaming everyone else around them. That said, Carl has a really really low threshold for those "I play my own way, kthxbye" attitudes.

Seriously, we need a yolo queue where you get rewarded for selfish behavior and a teamplay queue that better rewards teamwork...

#73 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:13 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 24 April 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Doesnt change the fact that you are potato, enjoy.
says the guy that got carried to teir 1

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 24 April 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

his toxic posts says otherwise. Just another troll in my eyes

#74 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostArkaiko, on 23 April 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

even PGI recognizes that clan hitboxes are much better that IS hitboxes, that will be fixed at civil war patch

LOL.

Proof please.

#75 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:21 AM

View PostitsJylerTAG, on 24 April 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Don't worry about Khan. He's been a part of more failed units than most other "leaders" of units in MWO.

I mean in the MWO C/Ship, he tried to withdraw his team from the tournament without actually telling anyone in it what he was doing. Poor guys, who are good guys too @ GBKP, nearly got disqualified because of it.

Thankfully those guys kept on playing, and here we are 9 months later and Khan is onto his "3rd" unit. There are some people best ignored.

Oh and Grus, Carl is a good bloke. You just refuse or don't want to actually get better. Some of the thread you start man... Crazy.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 25 April 2017 - 07:22 AM.

#76 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 April 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Oh and Grus, Carl is a good bloke. You just refuse or don't want to actually get better. Some of the thread you start man... Crazy.

Gone from a .6 to a .88 so I am getting better. My posts may look crazy but they serve a purpose.

#77 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

View PostGrus, on 25 April 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

says the guy that got carried to teir 1

his toxic posts says otherwise. Just another troll in my eyes

Well, a lot of people earned teir 1 that way.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 April 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Coming from someone who is not in his friends circle, no he's not a good bloke. People who troll on the internet are not usually associated with being a good person away from the keyboard.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 25 April 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#78 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

Didn't read the who thread, but when my unit switches from clan to IS, I have the same feeling. However, I think the issue with the whole "clan vs. IS" issue is that clan omnis at least come with a particular sized engine, and the builds become more optimized. It is easier to build a crappy IS mech than it is to build a crappy clan mech.

When you build an optimized IS mech, that is meta, and then drop 12 of them against clan mechs, clan doesn't seem OP anymore. But IS pilots end up building battlemasters and thunderbolts with lurms, or building their mechs with too many weapons and small engines or vice versa on the IS side.

In response to the IS XL thing, that's barely an issue with all the structure/armor quirks. The reason why people whine about IS XLs is because they do stupid things like put XLs on stalkers.

Edited by Telemachus Rheade, 25 April 2017 - 07:38 AM.

#79 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

View PostGrus, on 25 April 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Gone from a .6 to a .88 so I am getting better. My posts may look crazy but they serve a purpose.

Dude, don't even sweat these meats. I hear you, the alpha's the IS mechs can pull off is insane, the Clans ballistics are the go to. Well, it actually is keeping them on top. Until the Civil war.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 25 April 2017 - 07:45 AM.

#80 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:52 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 25 April 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Coming from someone who is not in his friends circle, no he's not a good bloke. People who troll on the internet are not usually associated with being a good person away from the keyboard.

You just don't like anyone that calls you out on your false/inaccurate statements and request facts to back up all the rubbish you spew each time you get infront of something with the letters A-Z on it.

It's funny that your "email list" for "moderation support" is pretty much all the people on this forum who actively contribute to forum discussion, balance, weapon testing and so on with... Wait for it... Testing & evidence as the basis for said discussion.

Not heresay, not mistruths and certainly not totally made up points and then, when questioned, rebutt with the childish "oh I don't have time to find the proof", which is what you do.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 25 April 2017 - 07:53 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users