365 replies to this topic

#361 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:03 AM

View PostQ, on 07 March 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Have we ever had a "best 12" in IS vs "best 12" in Clan? Match of 5 then switch IS/Clan and have another match of 5. Would we learn anything?

Sounds kinda fun to watch.

You mean like that thing Silken did back in 2015?

#362 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 07 March 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Hey Russ, Why not a MWO FP Worlds Championship???

I know I know, we are a small subset of players...

...but maybe... just maybe... If people watch streams of good players in FP, they'd learn how to open a friggin gate...

Or even a standard QP-type MWOWC where the teams alternate between Clan and IS. Either one would force PGI to get the tuning right.

#363 ThunderKats

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

Clan is easyer to play...That's why is newie friendly (longer range, ECM capable, better at trading)
IS is harder to play...It won't shine unless you take advantage of the mech full potential, also require more team work since at close range you are an easy pick when completly alone (IS mech are better at this job). I play both in Faction and I do enjoy going back and forward from Clan to IS, they bring different playstyle. I do miss the old aceleration/brake across all mechs on IS side. I can safely say both clan/is are balance in FW but I know by experience at the moment IS hard push is extremly hard to counter with the internal/armor quirk of some variants been boost with the skill trees on top.
IS = High risk, High reward. Can do brute force push easyer, they have limited amount of meta mechs to play arround.
Clan = Less of a head-ache and they make easy job of new players at safer range. They are more fragile since twist torso rarely helps (bad arm-shields).

#364 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 10 March 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

Well, this is a shooter and latency matters no matter how much PGI tries to compensate for it. Players closer to the server will always have an advantage (if everything else is equal). Plus cable internet has higher latency than FIOS or DSL.

And yet I play with ~250ms on average and if streaming (god bless AU internet) I'm up aorund 350ms-450ms and still get accused of using 3rd party programs (oh the lulz). Still land shots fine and hold burns. Get odd weird stuff with hit-reg but it's still overall not that bad to be honest. Certainly not as bad as many other games I've played over the years.

It really is not as big of a problem as people make out. For Ping to make a tangible difference you have to be at the upper end of MWO. For 95% of the players out there, they are not at that level.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 14 March 2018 - 05:05 PM.

#365 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

View PostThunderKats, on 14 March 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Clan is easyer to play...That's why is newie friendly (longer range, ECM capable, better at trading)
IS is harder to play...

Well given LL/ERML IS laser combo matches the range (or beats) that of Clan right now and ERL trading with a BLR-1G puts you at the same range (or better) than Clan. Also add in some Armour quirks on say a GHP-5H and you are out-trading a EBJ even if it has a larger alpha, simply because of mech agility/armour is in favour of the IS mech.

Overall there is a gap. Is the gap currently as big as it was? Not really, for good players.

Will the gap change? Possibly. Something as simple as quirk changes on a mech (armour to structure) can actually upset the top-end of FP quite heavily but have little impact anywhere else (QP). Given IS mechs are dependant on quirks to do well.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 14 March 2018 - 05:08 PM.

#366 WHITEHOT

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:38 PM

Personally as an IS Loyalist (scew you clanners lol) i feel like that IS has the advantage in energy weapons as in they have more range and generate less heat that their clan counter parts however as far as ballistics go clans have the advantage IMO some of the best brawler builds are based on clan mechs using ballistics. However if sniping is your thing IS has the advantage as ERLL and HPPC are great snipping weapons. Frankly the clans have the better Gauss Rifle sorry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users