#41 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 April 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

depends on what brand of beer it's filled with.

It's anything you want it to be.

:P

#42 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 April 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

It's anything you want it to be.

Posted Image

I have expensive beer tastes... good thing it's a small fridge.

#43 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

View Postinvernomuto, on 24 April 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

Hi all,
I realized that I do not have in my mech collection a fast and agile medium mech that can be used as scout / harasser / sniper role.
Main requirement is that need to be fast and agile, so an high engine rating is essential.
ECM would be very appreciated. Build diversity and JJs are a plus.
I was thinking about getting a fast 40-45 mech to fill the role.
My candidates are:
  • Cicada
  • Phoenix Hawk
  • Viper (love the look of that mech but internal space is really limited and no ECM)
  • Assassin
Which one do you suggest? I was thinking about getting a PH or a Cicada but I'd like to hear some opinions.

Cicada I have 2 but I do not usually run them, just not a bug pilot. You have to like it. 3M of course for ECM, any others are your choice though not needed when new Skill Tree comes.
Rest I own none of but
PHX, 2 with ECM and 6ML/MPL. 1B looks like ECM + 3LL.
Viper, most annoying ones use MGs + SPLs on the C, even worse if you have Medusa arms.
Assassin dunno.

#44 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostBurningDesire, on 24 April 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

has the best variety as far as vipers go. the C's CT pod is is handy for that 1/2 ton you get left over sometimes for a flamer

That's what you strip an arm for.

#45 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

I'd go with the Cicada. It's got several variants that give you some variety in what you can run. You have the 3M with ECM (used to be a beast with 2xPPC) that you can run with 3x(ER)LL for ranged harassment. You have the 3F that has jumpjets if you want to poptart, 3A can run 6xML fairly well.

Then finally there is the 2B with 5MPL. This mech is amazing and can outperform any other 40 ton mech if played well. It's agile, tanks well for a 40 tonner, and has a good blend of range, DPS, and burn time. It's good enough to get used competitively and is currently my favorite mech to play (rip Jenner F). Since the rescale, I like to refer to it as the best light in the game.

For bonus points paint your Cicada in the undisputed best camo pattern, Mountain Line.

#46 FalconerGray

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 362 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

If you're talking about med range poking, sneaking, wearing down and assassin style play, I'm a big fan of the ECM + 5xcERML Cheetah. I feel that the ECM and small size is a better help than the extra armour of a bigger mech. Same for the jump jets, compared to those that don't have them.

It's a brilliant stealth mech with enough range to go along with the agilty and ECM, you can pick bigger mechs apart without them ever spotting you. Perhaps the best "Last man standing" mech in the game, which is my absolute favourite situation to be in with it.

Not so good against things it can't outrun though. Locusts and Vipers are trouble, but it isn't built to fight those guys, it hunts much bigger prey.

#47 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 24 April 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

That's what you strip an arm for.

Confession to make? The left arm on my ASNs? Largely stripped. And on my 23 and 101, both arms.

I hope you compy types feel good about yourselves. I feel like I need a shower every time I look at my armor diagram in the Mechlab.

#48 Siegfried Kircheis

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

Harasser? Sounds like the first Name of The X-5 (Cicada-Hero)!

With 4x ML and 2x SRM2 its allmost nonstop on full-auto – oh and did i mention its top-speed of around 140? Now slap in radar derp & seismic and you're set to be a quite agile pain int the 4ss ... Posted Image

#49 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

Go with Scats wiith either Streaks, PPCs or both. Gonna be a damn menace to lights and heavier mechs.

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 21 April 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

SHC-P Streak-PPCTart - 2x SSRM6 [300] + ER-PPC, ECM, 11 DHS or SHC-P Streak-PPCTart - 3x SSRM4 [300] + ER-PPC, ECM

The hybridization of PPC Poptart and StreakCat, this utilizes 2x SSRM6 for that fire-and-forget missiles, and then the PPFLD and long-range of the ER-PPC. If you feel that you can drop 1 heat-sink, and can take that increased heat/second, you can equip 3x SSRM4s over 2x SSRM6s.

This plays a bit of both. Sniping is far cooler since it's only a single PPC, but deals far less damage so you can just keep shooting far often. But light-hunting would require a lot more aim than usual, since the PPC bolt is unguided. But otherwise, assuming that you can land it, it's devastating at hell.

3x SSRM4 build is significantly hotter, so it plays a bit more into PPC Poptart territory, such as less Jump Jets usage to help with the resting heat, yet the 3x SSRM4 has a more potent light hunting tool than the 2x SSRM6 since you can fire more missiles. Else 2x SSRM6 can play more as a Streak-Tart cat due to it's cooler nature.

Modules: Radar Deprivation, Seismic Sensor, Advanced Zoom, SSRM6 Range, SSRM6 Cooldown

Edited by The6thMessenger, 25 April 2017 - 02:25 AM.

#50 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:37 AM

What speed would be considered fast?

#51 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:23 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 24 April 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

Hi all,
I realized that I do not have in my mech collection a fast and agile medium mech that can be used as scout / harasser / sniper role.
Main requirement is that need to be fast and agile, so an high engine rating is essential.
ECM would be very appreciated. Build diversity and JJs are a plus.
I was thinking about getting a fast 40-45 mech to fill the role.
My candidates are:
  • Cicada
  • Phoenix Hawk
  • Viper (love the look of that mech but internal space is really limited and no ECM)
  • Assassin
Which one do you suggest? I was thinking about getting a PH or a Cicada but I'd like to hear some opinions.

If you dont mind punching below the belt bring streaks and harrass the few lights still out there. Otherwise, if you have any honor and appreciate a proper fight, the med laser ice ferret fits your "fast harrasser" quite well: IFR-C

#52 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:05 AM

Thanks guys, lots of very interesting suggestions and builds.
Assassin is still for real money so I need to skip it since my budget for MWO is already gone for Civil war pack and I want to buy also some clan heroes first.
I did not considered Ice Ferret or Shadow Cat for Clans. I do not know the Ice Ferret (there aren't too many on the battlefield) but the Cat seems a very solid option.
I did not expected so much consensus for the Viper, I'll probabily buy one since I like a lot how that mech looks. Hope that the next skill tree update, in May, won't remove all of its agility quirks... Shadow Cat next.

View PostDavegt27, on 25 April 2017 - 02:37 AM, said:

What speed would be considered fast?

Good question. I'd say above 100-110 kph, I usually play with Nova or Huntsman as medium and they're limited at 87 kph, so something between a light and a 50 - 55 tonners.

Edited by invernomuto, 25 April 2017 - 04:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users