Hacks And Aimbots

156 replies to this topic

#21 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

Games are a virtual reality of their own. It may give you --- by written code --- deliberately a different result from the actual. Actual = a real miss. The result = a critical hit. How? Because you can code passes to sniping for example to reward such actions.

For example, hit boxes. A game can have its minimum hit box size at 700 meters, but if the target is still farther away, at 1000 meters, the hit box still remains at this minimal size and doesn't scale with the distance, the hit boxes are not synchronous in size to the visual appearance of the target. That means you can hit that 1000 meter target as easily as a 700 meter one. That means hit boxes can be bigger than what you actually see, and conversely, it can also be smaller than what you see.

World of Tanks for example appears to have a pass for shooting at moving targets. You fire a shot at a fast moving target on the side, and it seems hit, even if in your mind and in your eye, it should be a miss. The game can do that by extending the hit boxes of the object in motion well beyond its appearance to make it easier to hit.

Games are a false perception, a fake world, a fake reality. What actually is coded to happen may not mesh with what you see.

Edited by Anjian, 24 April 2017 - 08:35 PM.

#22 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:37 PM

OP in all my years of playing this game, ive only seen one legit hacker. and it was a speed hack which i had vid proof of. that was during open beta.

hitting you from 1km torso only just tells me you're staring at him, not even torso twisting. pls op. pls play better.

#23 nitra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

There was a time when PGI was going to do something about cheats and hacks. their was supposed to be a great banning . then it did not happen .. and ever since then mum has been the word.

but the good thing is that the cheats out there are really nothing more than an annoyance rather than a hindrance to game play.

hopefully they will stay at this level and never go full Battlefield 1.

also dont listen to peeps that say cheats dont occur . they do, thats a fact. there is a multi-million dollar market for em. and the sickening reality is that some of those people saying cheats dont exist are probably using cheats right now.

but the worse thing is the companies and players attitudes of dont talk about cheating . as if it will go away .. just look at BF1 cheat videos on you tube and see how they "go away"

#24 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

View Postnitra, on 24 April 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

There was a time when PGI was going to do something about cheats and hacks. their was supposed to be a great banning . then it did not happen .. and ever since then mum has been the word.

but the good thing is that the cheats out there are really nothing more than an annoyance rather than a hindrance to game play.

hopefully they will stay at this level and never go full Battlefield 1.

also dont listen to peeps that say cheats dont occur . they do, thats a fact. there is a multi-million dollar market for em. and the sickening reality is that some of those people saying cheats dont exist are probably using cheats right now.

but the worse thing is the companies and players attitudes of dont talk about cheating . as if it will go away .. just look at BF1 cheat videos on you tube and see how they "go away"

PGI still ban people for cheating, they just don't announce it with fanfare. Occasionally, you'll notice someone that has started a thread on the forums in the past all of a sudden have pink letters as a name and status as Banned - Cheating. This has happened multiple times since that 64 banned announcement.

Example: https://mwomercs.com...r/497708-eglar/

or https://mwomercs.com...7502-star-trek/

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 24 April 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#25 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 24 April 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

PGI still ban people for cheating, they just don't announce it with fanfare. Occasionally, you'll notice someone that has started a thread on the forums in the past all of a sudden have pink letters as a name and status as Banned - Cheating. This has happened multiple times since that 64 banned announcement.

Example: https://mwomercs.com...r/497708-eglar/

I was under the impression those are from the precursor banning before the great ban that never came. is that a semi current ban ?
hopefully its true they are banning known cheats .

Edited by nitra, 24 April 2017 - 09:31 PM.

#26 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:33 PM

View Postnitra, on 24 April 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

I was under the impression those are from the precursor banning before the great ban that never came. is that a semi current ban ?
hopefully its true they are banning known cheats .

You can see the last online, one is Nov 2016, other is Dec 2016. They're still banning, you just don't see them unless they've posted on the forums and you're browsing through a thread and see the pink lettering.

#27 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

In years of playing I ran into a suspect moment only recently. Took CT hits four times in a row while jinking and weaving and torso twisting in the middle of a fight between about six other mechs that were not shooting at me for the most part. All looked like PPC blasts and two of them seemed to be coming from far right. All from the same Scat-cat as far as I could tell.

But who knows.. I can't prove anything. It just felt like a weird result based on thousands of games played.

#28 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

OP probably hasn't discovered x4 zoom module yet...

#29 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

Hacks or not, the eventual reality is that people who feel that a game is hacked, will eventually leave, leaving those who are left to write topics on forums about the game's existential demise.

#30 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

If you care enough to waste time on the forums posting about hacks. Please make the effort to get proof.

#31 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

View PostAnjian, on 24 April 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Hacks or not, the eventual reality is that people who feel that a game is hacked, will eventually leave, leaving those who are left to write topics on forums about the game's existential demise.

Lol, look at how many people play Battlefield and Call of Duty games, which have far more severe hacking problems than MWO.

#32 Pr8Dator2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 250 posts
  • LocationCareer Clanner

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

View PostBohxim, on 24 April 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

All for the whole get a mentor and learning thing. Not so sure about high scores low WLR and kdr. That's not high scores lol

Relatively high for subpar WL and KDR...

#33 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:41 PM

Is PGI ever going to do anything about the hacks that are being used? When you get hit from 1000 yds in nothing but CT it is obvious they are being used! Why play if you have to cheat?

considering your CT is the biggest part of your mech thats not exactly proof of hacking

if you were getting headshotted at 1000 yds then maybe id believe it was haXX0rz

#34 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:10 AM

View Postnitra, on 24 April 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

also dont listen to peeps that say cheats dont occur . they do, thats a fact.

No one is saying they don't. However, it's fairly rare in this game.

#35 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

Dude a guy hit me in the head with a gauss from about 600m on his first shot at me while I was moving 70kph, and he was JJ poptarting, and I still didn't accuse him of hacks, I may have thought it possible, but with subtle cases like that there is almost no way of being certain either way.

All you can do is hope that if they are cheating, that they will be caught as a result of the actions that made you question it, and that those hack sites they go to steal their info and virus them out the wazoo, or that their mom catches them out mid game when she reads her credit card bill. ;)

Aside from the purest of ******** and griefers the ones buying hacks tend to be kids and people functioning at a diminished capacity (or who believe they are at least), so I guess just feel sorry for them that they feel they need to cheat and move on, or document them to try and get some kind of proof.

I am not saying this to be particularly mean or anything, people who believe they are functioning at a diminished capacity also includes those who think everyone else is hacking so they think they have to, as well as the more direct meaning in some cases.

Don't forget how skilled people can actually get with experience too though, seeing people flickshot gauss at moving targets and hit consistently are actually doing it genuinely at least some of the time, and people who actually get common headshots also tend to be very well versed on all/most headshot locations, and if you shoot at those locations enough, some will hit those vital parts etc etc.

#36 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

There are cheats, but it's very uncommon. It's noticeable in spectator view when a guy is snapping to targets beyond the visual LOS. It's uncommon though.

All you braggarts trolling him though, MWO really isn't that hard. It's easy to be a big fish in a small pond.

#37 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:16 AM

View PostCabusha, on 25 April 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

There are cheats, but it's very uncommon. It's noticeable in spectator view when a guy is snapping to targets beyond the visual LOS. It's uncommon though.

All you braggarts trolling him though, MWO really isn't that hard. It's easy to be a big fish in a small pond.

Do you realize that some players play with a higher FOV than the default (which is what you see in spectator view) so someone snapping to a target beyond YOUR visual LOS may not be what the player is seeing.

#38 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:02 AM

Where did I say the target was outside of horizontal view? It was a raven snapping instantly to targets, with perfect tracking, at over 2km, without even zooming in. The player was an idiot so did no damage with the LLs, but the cheat was blatant.

But that's okay, keep coming up with excuses. Like I said, it's uncommon, but it has been proven. See the bans a couple of years ago.

Edited by Cabusha, 25 April 2017 - 02:07 AM.

#39 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:39 AM

View PostCabusha, on 25 April 2017 - 02:02 AM, said:

Where did I say the target was outside of horizontal view? It was a raven snapping instantly to targets, with perfect tracking, at over 2km, without even zooming in. The player was an idiot so did no damage with the LLs, but the cheat was blatant.

But that's okay, keep coming up with excuses. Like I said, it's uncommon, but it has been proven. See the bans a couple of years ago.

That sounds like manyheatsinks...who is banned

#40 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:40 AM

View PostMountainRat, on 24 April 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Is PGI ever going to do anything about the hacks that are being used? When you get hit from 1000 yds in nothing but CT it is obvious they are being used! Why play if you have to cheat?

Shots like that don't concern me, its the shot at 1200 meters on a mech that is going 140 left side facing enemy purposely and entirely no way lag can effect it and there is a full burn on the right side torso.

Or the full burn on rear center torso same scenario.

Or the shots taking out rear ct from directly in front.

These are the shots that concern me.

The invulnerable mechs are still the biggest problem. Mechs running blatantly not taking damage from anyone the entire match that result in matches being won. This can happen 9 out of 10 matches sometimes. This is a less obvious problem and one many players are unaware of because of the above mentioned problems.

These things are being done by well known guilds on a consistent basis also bothers me.

The fact that anyone mentions these problems is threatened with bans and personal attacks is also a big problem.

Edited by Johnny Z, 25 April 2017 - 02:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users