20 replies to this topic

#1 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

It was a terrible idea in the new system and it will be even more obvious in the new system: Why does consumables cost c-bills? (Or MC, don't know why you would)

Basicly, to stay competitive with the c-bills rich I have to continously spend hard earned c-bills reducing my income. At least UAVs are reduced a little in cost by rewards, but if you want us to use them (like the rewards indicate) why not make them free.

And now I can have five of them? Who will be able to afford running five consumables?

And what other skill tree requires you to pay for the skills and then continued use? That makes zero sense.

Make consumables free and I'll consider running five consumables.

#2 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

Re: Consumables

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Edited by mycroft000, 25 April 2017 - 01:31 PM.

#3 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

View Postmycroft000, on 25 April 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Re: Consumables

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

It means it's something you consume upon use. Has nothing to do with the cost. And it's not like many other games doesn't do it exactly like that. Many have them on cooldown, but then they are no longer consumables as they can be used multiple times and that is not what I'm suggesting.

Edited by Savage Wolf, 25 April 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#4 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

I feel like now this is getting ridiculous.

#5 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 25 April 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

I feel like now this is getting ridiculous.

Yeah, spending 200.000 c-bills per match is just ridiculous. Why would you ever take this unless you already had too much c-bills.

#6 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,532 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 25 April 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Yeah, spending 200.000 c-bills per match is just ridiculous. Why would you ever take this unless you already had too much c-bills.

A whole set of skills that increase your "rearm" costs in-between match, what could possibly be wrong with that /s

That's what consumables are, some way PGI could force R&R into the game, and now they made it so you can pay for skills so you can pay even more per match!

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 25 April 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#7 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

If consumables were supposed to be a c-bills sink then I'd just prefer a reduction in income and then getting the consumables for free and so leveling the playingfield for all players.

#8 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

Would be much better for the game and that portion of the skill tree if they found another way to have a money sink. As it is now it's giving an advantage to people who are willing to blow their cbills for more wins.

Personally, I would just cut total earnings and let people feel free to use their consumables. It would solve a lot of issues like this skill tree and Faction play where you can spend upward of 8 consumables a match.

#9 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:42 PM

I was never a fan of consumables because, in order to use them, you have to give up a big portion of your money. Adding the option to take 5 consumables seems kind of insane.

Players would have to spend MC on consumables in order to buy 5 per match. If that isn't PGI's intention then maybe they could add some skills that reduce the cost of consumables? Alternatively, I'd be glad to pay a few million CBills for a consumable with free refills.

#10 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:59 AM

Posted Image

Goodbye, Free to Play scouts. You are no longer good enough. If you can't cough up 80k++ per match, you aren't scouting as well as people that make more because of premium time. Also, when your team loses, you will operate at a loss. Best system. Tremendous. Everyone says it. Believe me.

#11 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:06 AM

This made sense when there were 2 max, but with 5.... the cost would actually act as a detterent to the consumable tree being OP AF.

#12 Drebin Cormack

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:09 AM

Whilst I don't think consumables should be free, I do think that the price of these items need to be brought down to match the pre system rates. Make the max expenditure to be 100k cbills. While I have had matches that netted me over 600k cbills before, these are not the norm. Reduce the cost of consumables to around 20k a piece at the very least or you're just killing that portion of your skill tree.

#13 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

View Postnaterist, on 26 April 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

This made sense when there were 2 max, but with 5.... the cost would actually act as a detterent to the consumable tree being OP AF.
The cost results in F2P players no longer being able to sustain dual UAV use, as every match with maximum scouting costs them 80k. The same goes for any match where you artillerise twice. The earnings of a F2P player vs. a premium player make the prior operate at a loss if they use the same tools as a premium player.

This isn't about OP or not - everyone can spec into it, regardless of F2P or premium. But F2P cannot financially sustain this level of consumable use. And that is a much more severe issue than the "OP-ness".

#14 Drebin Cormack

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

View Postnaterist, on 26 April 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

Or it could be viewed as pay to win. These Items are available for mc. You can progress for as little as 50 cents a match while carrying 5 consumables!

#15 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 26 April 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Whilst I don't think consumables should be free, I do think that the price of these items need to be brought down to match the pre system rates. Make the max expenditure to be 100k cbills. While I have had matches that netted me over 600k cbills before, these are not the norm. Reduce the cost of consumables to around 20k a piece at the very least or you're just killing that portion of your skill tree.

Another solution could be that they cost like 200k as a one time fee to fill a consumable slot. Like a weapon or ammo. As long as continued use would be free. That would also decouple the use of consumables from your average match income.

#16 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:29 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 26 April 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

Another solution could be that they cost like 200k as a one time fee to fill a consumable slot. Like a weapon or ammo. As long as continued use would be free. That would also decouple the use of consumables from your average match income.
That would be my preferred solution.

Edited by Ced Riggs, 26 April 2017 - 01:30 AM.

#17 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:53 AM

I don't like the 5 slot consumables idea, I don't want to be disadvantaged because I can't afford to spend 200k per match in golden consumables...

Edit: Halve the price of these please PGI or go back to just 2 or allow people to equip more but only use 2, 3 max

Edited by chucklesMuch, 26 April 2017 - 04:56 AM.

#18 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:05 AM

I use the very occational uav, and thats it. you dont need to use consumables to get 400k matches and you dont need consumables to do well or win. Consumables are very tame and, dare I say it, mediocre in mwo

#19 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:17 AM

View PostForceUser, on 26 April 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

I use the very occational uav, and thats it. you dont need to use consumables to get 400k matches and you dont need consumables to do well or win. Consumables are very tame and, dare I say it, mediocre in mwo

So you don't use consumables often. Fine. I don't use Gauss very often... How is it signifigant?
I do use UAVs almost every match because I do a lot of scouting. So the difference is probably playstyle.

None of this explains why consumables costs 40k per use while everything else in the game is free to use.

#20 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:22 AM

View PostForceUser, on 26 April 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

And yet, for every player I spectate that has no UAV equipped, that's a firing line that gets shot in the back, an enemy light wrecking them because they are blind, and a team not aware of a flank push because they don't read chat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users