Module Refund Poll

77 replies to this topic

Poll: GSP "Refund" vs C-Bill Refund (230 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you prefer?

1. GSP as presented (51 votes [20.56%])

Percentage of vote: 20.56%

2. Full C-Bill refund as previously stated (131 votes [52.82%])

Percentage of vote: 52.82%

3. Combination C-Bills/GSP (54 votes [21.77%])

Percentage of vote: 21.77%

4. Other(provide idea below) (12 votes [4.84%])

Percentage of vote: 4.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

I would like cbills or the option of selling GSP. But if we can't have that I made a thread with this suggestion.

Pretty big topic right now is the module refund and how it should work. Personally I think cbills spent under old system that no longer exists should equal cbill refund but some say we shouldn't have all these cbills pushed back into the economy. However the current system is just not right for some players. Sure the ones getting a few dozen mechs worth probably love it, but the ones that are getting hundreds worth, well...not so much. It would just take to long for some players to ever use that and cbills would be much better. So I was thinking if the other options of being able to sale all GSP or picking cbills for the refund isn't something PGI wants to do then how about a compromise. Lets figure out a reasonable amount of GSP and then set that as the minimum you get before being able to sale or pick cbills.

I was thinking about 50 mechs worth, would like less but trying to compromise. Exact amount is open to debate but thats over 8 ultimate mech packs worth of mechs so it would take most players a decent amount of time to get that.

What I'm suggesting is if your refund is currently

50 or less mechs worth of GSP then you get only GSP.

51 or more mechs worth of GSP then you get 50 mechs worth of GSP and the rest in 100% cbill refund.
Or all GSP but you can sale all but 50 mechs worth of GSP.
Or when you first log in after the refund goes live it asks you how much you want and you can choose how much you want in GSP but 50 mechs worth is the minimum.

This still cuts down on the amount of cbills coming back to the players but makes it so we don't end up with so much GSP that it is effectively worthless and for many a downgrade from the cbill refund of skill tree pts1.

#62 Tekamen

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCookie Gotham (East Coast USA)

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

I'm disappointed I won't be getting a full 100% refund for all modules ever purchased in game. At least all mechs that are mastered will be getting 91 HSP (historic skill points) and everyone will be getting refunds in MC or c-bills for MC consumables and c-bill consumables, respectively. With 1.6 billion c-bills invested into the current module system, I was looking forward to being able to utilize those funds in purchasing mechs, engines, upgrades, and spending c-bills to unlock skill points.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the 33,500+ GSP (global skill points) I will be receiving instead of c-bills. GSP takes my c-bill spending power and locks it into one specific place and cannot be used to purchase anything except skill point unlocks. I suppose that the developers thought I would unlock all 230+ mech nodes in ever mech chassis I own...but most of my mech builds don't vary that often.

I've stripped all my mechs, save for a few, of all modules in preparation to sell them before the GSP conversion. I would rather take a 50% loss and have about 800M additional c-bills to use anyway I choose. Even with premium time and giving a generous 300,000 c-bill earnings per a match it would take about 2,700 matches to get back 50% of the c-bill investment for the modules. Realistically, when you play without premium time or hero mech bonuses, most matches net you about 150,000 c-bills, so it will be closer to 5,400+ matches.

I'll hope for a 100% refund for all modules, but if not I'll take my 50% c-bill loss and laugh maniacally that I don't have to grind another 5,000+ matches to recoup those lost funds lost to the GSP void come patch day.

#63 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

View PostOutcast1six, on 30 April 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

Sure, I could use another 100 or 200 million c-bills, like you mentioned, but I have my mechs with the engines I want and I buy mechs packs. So the c-bills aren't that big a deal.

Doing that, for me, is completely boring.. I am constantly changing my mechs always trying to improve them and use them in different ways that aren't 'meta.' This tree thing seems like it will make it harder to change my mechs on a whim when I get inspired. Yes you can still change your mech to go from brawl to sniper, but it will be sub-optimal.. this is a huge down-side and takes away from the the fun factor of the game.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 04 May 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#64 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

I feel cheated either way. Over time I got more mechs than I had time to play, up to like 130 some now. In general I spent a lot of time practicing in lobbies and I have never accumulated some huge c-bill surplus. But modules I always skimped on, not because Im a cheapskate........but because they are/were just too expensive for what they do. I used to master mechs.......but that final module slot I didnt usually care about getting. The journey from elite to master to me was always just whenever I felt like playing the mech. I hate switching modules around.........but I don't have time to grind for 10 million cbills or more on modules for a mech AND still grind for engines and more mechs, even as a single loser. I buy my fair share of packs too. But then I heard we were getting a c-bill refund I thought "Ah, finally! Knowing I will get the money back, and knowing I dont have to save for three whole chassis variants anymore to get max benefits under a new system........I can live it up and finally start buying modules!". So I mean yea.........being able to skill out all the mechs I didn't have time to drive fully before will be cool........but I mean so what? The mechs I already didn't level was because of time yes, but I didn't MAKE the time probably because I didn't like them or find any builds for them in the first place, so why would I care to drive them now just because I can immediately max out their skill tree? At the end of the day a Dragon is still a Dragon. Ok or wow I can max level any of the next 50 mechs that come out......thats kinda unfair to assume thats what I want to do or that I'll even be here. Im not buying 15 more mech packs I'll tell ya that.

I also dont understand why anyone cares if some players get billions of cbills back:
1) As stated several other times, theres no actual game economy, every player exists in his own bubble. That argument is stupid.
2) Like yea.......no **** players who have played the game for thousands of hours are gonna get that much back..........and?........
3) What would you be worried about them spending the c-bills on anyway? Again, theres no currency value that can be inflated. Most of those people will get 9 and 10 digit sums back and have nothing to spend it on........or they will get gobtonnes of this GSP stuff and have more of that than they will ever use also........it barely matters for those people ultimately. The people who get screwed over are the ones like me who sorta min/maxed my purchases and allocation of time and resources. I wasn't being a cheapskate, I was doing the intelligent thing and only buying the things I wanted the most that gave me the most satisfaction. Why the **** would I spend 6 million on a ******* module all the time when I could buy an engine thats far more useful or hell an entire mech? What looks more fun? A dongle in a menu or a big stompy robot sitting in your mechbay? So what now YEARS later I'm being punished for that? K, cool. **** you too then. Oh you mean the **** I've said for years about how stupidly expensive modules are finally matters? Wow, told ya so. Gee maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal and you'd only be giving people back manageable amounts if they weren't so god damn expensive in the first place above and beyond their real utilitarian value. Obviously I never would have spent my c-bills that way had I known you were going to pull a bait and switch maneuver later.

Give me my gad damned c-bills back you swine.

Edited by Rando Slim, 04 May 2017 - 09:59 PM.

#65 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:49 AM

Rando Slim, you realize that you will get 100% of you cbills back for any module you bought after the first time Russ mentioned that you would? Because from reading your post it sounds like you think you wont.

#66 Ryan Grey

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

PGI, please keep the current "Mastering/Module" system.
no one is kept at an advantage/disadvantage with the current and it is working well

Only the so called Meta drivers and hardcore players would benefit from the new skill system.
It would make them even better and the game worse for anyone else.
Everyone is getting ****** over, either by the bad skill system or the way PGI reimburses the players for their modules/belongings.

If i were to loose a half billion CBills (or any other amount of it) and getting useless GXP/xp for it like some people are about to, i´ll probably end up looking for a way to murder everyon at PGI the most painfull way i get imagine.

PGI HAVE TO keep the current system at all cost.

#67 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

View PostDibster, on 27 April 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

Other: Provide the refund as GSP, but let us sell GSP for the appropriate amount of CBills.
Yeah, that would work.

#68 Rabid_Squirrel

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:26 AM

I have 200 mechs, at least 70 of them have full modules (4-7 depending on chassis) I want my C bills and XP spent leveling them up. I have heard that the concept/concern is for new players or those who don't spend money being hurt by infusion of all the XP and C bills.
Really?
Since when does PGI care about "non paying" users?
Why do you get a c-bill and XP bonus for premium time being activated?
Why do you get a c-bill and XP bonus for using hero or champion mechs?

This position is BS!!! and insulting to the IQ of al players involved.
GIVE US OUR C BILLS, XP BACK OR REFUND THE MONEY WE SPENT ON MC AND ACCOUNTS!!! THIEVES!!!!

#69 Cox Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

So... Do I have to sell all my weapon and mech modules now at half price to get ~750'000'000 c-bills back instead of losing everything on the next tuesday?

#70 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostCox Devalis, on 11 May 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

So... Do I have to sell all my weapon and mech modules now at half price to get ~750'000'000 c-bills back instead of losing everything on the next tuesday?

No need to sell any weapons but modules bought before december'16 (as far as you can tell) might be better off sold for half-price instead of being "refunded" as excess GSP for the next 200 'mechs. You can buy those next 200 'mechs with 'mechpacks then instead with those c-bills they will steal from you.
I already stripped 100+ 'mechs of their module sets ready to be sold when patch notes go live. Those thieves are never going to see a single dime from me again!

#71 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:46 AM

View PostMotroid, on 11 May 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

No need to sell any weapons but modules bought before december'16 (as far as you can tell) might be better off sold for half-price instead of being "refunded" as excess GSP for the next 200 'mechs. You can buy those next 200 'mechs with 'mechpacks then instead with those c-bills they will steal from you.
I already stripped 100+ 'mechs of their module sets ready to be sold when patch notes go live. Those thieves are never going to see a single dime from me again!

I just wish there was a way to tell when a module was brought. It would be stupid to sell modules worth 200 million for half the price, when those modules would have gotten a full refund. Best i can do is look at the mechs and try to guess when i brought them and try to remember which modules i swapped in and out.

#72 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:01 AM

View PostCara Carcass, on 12 May 2017 - 03:46 AM, said:

I just wish there was a way to tell when a module was brought. It would be stupid to sell modules worth 200 million for half the price, when those modules would have gotten a full refund. Best i can do is look at the mechs and try to guess when i brought them and try to remember which modules i swapped in and out.

Are you starting to see to what you've reduced your precious player base to PGI. Sad.. hurtful.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 12 May 2017 - 07:13 AM.

#73 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:20 AM

View PostMotroid, on 27 April 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

I've never been the forum warrior kind of guy.
I prefer to actually play the game. And so I did since the early days, counting close to 25k drops atm.
As a fanboy I picked up every mechpack on the way giving PGI hundreds if not thousands of $, and me all the toys I wanted.
So I played a LOT. And was being a VERY loyal custumer.
Ending up with 197 'mechs. Literally every 'mech I wanted. Due to them being from mechpacks for the most part and me playing a lot at the same time with premiumtime also from mechpacks I ended up with a lot of c-bills with literally nothing to spend them on except, guess what, yeah right, MODULES. All while being the most loyal custumer to PGI, both in money and time.
For those reasons, namely being a loyal custumer, I ended up with 197 mastered 'mechs of which 108 have a full set of modules equipped plus ca. 30 mechs with a partial module set.
Now PGI wants to "refund" this dedication with GSP I can only use to skill future 'mechs I don't own by now and have no desire to buy in any form. Like next 300 'mechs to free skill, as if this were an compensation in the first place. This is no refund in any way. This is an insult to the most loyal custumers and I hope from the bottom of my heart that PGI will overthink their decision.
Otherwise I would have to strip 100+ mechs of their modules and sell them for 50% to do some damage control and I don't know if I could sit through this experience.
Maybe set the in-game sell value on modules to 80-100% until patch hits to not further delay...

why do you even need c-bills if you have all the mechs you want and all the modules you want and are a loyal customer who has probably way too plenty consumables anyway which will soon also become irrelevant? why would they need to compensate you and people alike you? personally, im neutral on their idea, but they are moving forward, and that is what i encourage and appreciate.
i think people will always complain whatever solution pgi comes up with, and some people will think they are more entitled to complain and claim they are entitled to more power to influence the game.
p.s. you're not shareholders. you're not part of the crew either. you're part of a community that is enjoying and supporting this marvel. let's stop being static and move forward okay?

#74 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostYumoshiri, on 12 May 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

why do you even need c-bills if you have all the mechs you want and all the modules you want and are a loyal customer who has probably way too plenty consumables anyway which will soon also become irrelevant? why would they need to compensate you and people alike you? personally, im neutral on their idea, but they are moving forward, and that is what i encourage and appreciate.
i think people will always complain whatever solution pgi comes up with, and some people will think they are more entitled to complain and claim they are entitled to more power to influence the game.
p.s. you're not shareholders. you're not part of the crew either. you're part of a community that is enjoying and supporting this marvel. let's stop being static and move forward okay?

Let me edumicate you.. if you're player base feels betrayed by you, en-masse, they start to go bye-bye.. they go to social media and complain about how they were treated unfairly despite dropping 100's or 1000's of monies.. causing potential customers to go bye-bye. For all intents and purposes we ARE shareholders that both invest in and desire for this game to succeed.

We all love this game.. does PGI love us in turn? That is the question.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 12 May 2017 - 07:22 AM.

#75 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:34 PM

I'm getting the impression that it was PGI's intention to deny players of the modules CBills they've grinded for from the start. They don't want this influx of CBill inflating the economy so players continue to buy premium time. The reasoning based on progression is weak. If players don't have the XP to purchase a skill point, then they don't have it. Everyone should be on even footing with the amount of time they've devoted to grind XP for a mech. I've gone out of my way to grind extra XP on my mechs in anticipation of the skill tree system.

This entire system of "The amount of GSP you receive for your Owned Modules is determined by the Total Purchase Value of all your Owned Modules divided by 45,000 (the C-Bill cost of a Skill Point)." is unwanted and a mess.

Edited by Belkor, 15 May 2017 - 05:35 PM.

#76 W i L d F i R 3

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostRuar, on 26 April 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

I prefer gsp over cbills. It's easy enough to make cbills but grinding exp sucks.

I'm human, not employed by pgi, and tier 2 with a dozen modules or so.

A dozen modules or so, that is exactly why this doesnt matter to you. Howe about having 493 modules, and getting that much GSP back. Just think about this for a minute, that is 1.738 Billion C-bills. Do you know how many games it took to reach that? Now figure how much extra XP you already have for those 250 mechs you have. How can you possibly spend all that GSP the rest of the game?

#77 W i L d F i R 3

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 12 May 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

Let me edumicate you.. if you're player base feels betrayed by you, en-masse, they start to go bye-bye.. they go to social media and complain about how they were treated unfairly despite dropping 100's or 1000's of monies.. causing potential customers to go bye-bye. For all intents and purposes we ARE shareholders that both invest in and desire for this game to succeed.

We all love this game.. does PGI love us in turn? That is the question.

Awesome post, you completely nailed it

#78 HeresWhy

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:22 AM

Full C-bill as previously stated. I spent upwards of 100m on modules when full refunds were previously announced. The idea that I don't somehow deserve every c-bill previously spent is ludicrous. Asking me to take a bath that's the equivalent to 6-12 mechs is untenable.

Edited by HeresWhy, 16 May 2017 - 12:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users