Dev-Stream - Civil War - Youtube Archive Available

74 replies to this topic

#61 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:25 AM

While this is a nice video it concerns me that (at least it looks like it to me) there was no one responsible for game mechanics present. A designer, a 3D-Artist, a community manager...where is your number cruncher?
Where is the guy who gives thought to the game mechanics?

#62 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:31 AM

View PostTechChris, on 29 April 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

Hmmmm......

I really wanted to pre-order one of these, as I haven't spent any money on this game since I bought some MC for the end of year mech bay sale. I was looking at that MADII because it'll cost the most for c-bills later, but pre-order prices are all the same.

.......but just like its little brother, those MASSIVE "Ears" if ya have the missile pods on are really making it hard for me to shell out the money. Especially since wanted this as test bed for ATMs as well.......darn it all! Decisions, Decisions???

My advice would be not to buy the MADII for missiles. Get a Scorch (or even a Supernova) for better results, imo. Those ears are going to ruin most of what makes it good.

#63 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

https://mwomercs.com...el-adjustments/

#64 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 30 April 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

My advice would be not to buy the MADII for missiles. Get a Scorch (or even a Supernova) for better results, imo. Those ears are going to ruin most of what makes it good.

Yeah.....considered that. Except that for the Scorch alone it's 25-29$ depending on how ya go about it??? For a few dollars more could get MADII and hero at that silly price. So minus a 50% off MC sale for Scorch, it's barely a consideration. Even then that only be a few bucks cheaper for one mech, vs min of 3 for MADII........
Maybe I'll just skip em all since don't really matter, n I don't feel PGI has done anything worth $ in a long, long time?????

#65 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostTechChris, on 30 April 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

Yeah.....considered that. Except that for the Scorch alone it's 25-29$ depending on how ya go about it??? For a few dollars more could get MADII and hero at that silly price. So minus a 50% off MC sale for Scorch, it's barely a consideration. Even then that only be a few bucks cheaper for one mech, vs min of 3 for MADII........
Maybe I'll just skip em all since don't really matter, n I don't feel PGI has done anything worth $ in a long, long time?????

also should take into account after the engine decoupling, Marauder IIC is also lighter than the Mk II, so it'll have better mobility as well. that said, the Mk. II is likely to be far tankier, specially with those shield arms.

#66 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

Did the cougars get bitten in each shoulder by a shark? Concept art looks great, the models not so much so, bit disappoint.

Posted Image

#67 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:34 PM

Please do this again, soon.

It doesn't have to be the same Devs or talking about similar material. In fact, it would probably be better to meet new folks and talk about another topic.

They don't have to be Friday afternoon. You've always got fans awake who would show up. Everyone else can watch the archive (or listen to it, like I did). It would probably be better some time when you have a bit more energy.

We would really like to chat about how things are going to work and how they will be balanced, but really any insight into your works in progress will always be welcome and appreciated.

The Stealth Armor implementation sounds interesting.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 01 May 2017 - 11:55 PM.

#68 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:34 AM

View PostAdran, on 29 April 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

So, i'm not watching an hour long video. Was there anything on there that WASN'T just useless info on mechs and what they look like? Cause I couldn't care less about the mechs aside from the Madcat.

Pointless whine.....

#69 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 01 May 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

Please do this again, soon.

It doesn't have to be the same Devs or talking about similar material. In fact, it would probably be better to meet new folks and talk about another topic.

They don't have to be Friday afternoon. You've always got fans awake who would show up. Everyone else can watch the archive (or listen to it, like I did). It would probably be better some time when you have a bit more energy.

We would really like to chat about how things are going to work and how they will be balanced, but really any insight into your works in progress will always be welcome and appreciated.

The Stealth Armor implementation sounds interesting.

I'll echo this. While it could have done with more polish it was a nice step forward to see the development across a whole area and actually hear from people I mostly didn't know.

#70 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:14 AM

View PostAramuside, on 02 May 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

Pointless whine.....

pointless response.....

#71 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

View PostAdran, on 02 May 2017 - 03:14 AM, said:

pointless response.....

more pointless whine.

#72 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:38 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 02 May 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

more pointless whine.

that's not whine. that's mockery of idiocy.

#73 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:02 PM

Next time you want someone to summarize for you Adran, maybe just ask more politely.

They didn't talk much about weapon specifics. The only thing of note in my opinion was that Stealth Armor would also make you appear at the same temperature as the environment in thermal mode, so invisible to thermal vision. Mostly it was to show off models and weapon models. With a few minor facts about implementation.

Edited by MechaBattler, 02 May 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#74 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 29 April 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

I wonder if the volume of the Mad Cat (and other 'mechs with "optional" weapon geometry) is based on the base, weaponless model, or on the model with the most possible additions? Possibly somewhere in between? (If this is already known, a link would be much appreciated Posted Image )

I've had this thought as well. Matters again with the Mad Cat Mk2. Those launchers add or remove a lot of side torso, which thanks to gigantic arms of sexiness will be hard to hit if the mech twists fairly well.

#75 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

Did he say gauss will still have a charge mechanic? #rage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users