• 115 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia somewhere...

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Not too bad looking...

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 28 April 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

The IS UAC/20 is 2 barreled, so does that mean it'll be burst fire?

#22 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

For the Laser AMS, I hope the angled disk at the top spins around when AMS is enabled.

#23 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostRuccus, on 28 April 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

For the Laser AMS, I hope the angled disk at the top spins around when AMS is enabled.

They said: "Yes"..

Edited by Sky Hawk, 28 April 2017 - 04:00 PM.

#24 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

View PostZachMan119, on 28 April 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Not too bad looking...

The IS UAC/20 is 2 barreled, so does that mean it'll be burst fire?

Well, the IS UAC5 is 3 barreled and it's not burst fire.

That said, popular opinion is the IS UAC10 will be 2 round burst shots and the IS UAC20 will be 2-3 round burst.

#25 Carminus

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

They almost sound like they don't know their own game.... (paraphrase)"Q: When stealth armor is on which mode is ECM at A: is it counter or disrupt?..whatever the default is" lol.

#26 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

Cool stuff , look forward to watching this tonight.

#27 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Can we please have the rocket launcher as a stream fire weapon as long as you hold the trigger?

Thinking of losing a giant blob of rockets due to hitreg or something is not a good thing...

stream fire means also the accidental press of a fire button won't be like carrying 3-5 tons of dead weight around

#28 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Oh man I think I want the Cougar now despite everyone saying it'll be a sub par mech. Then again I'm the same person that has fun in an Adder so...

View PostNavid A1, on 28 April 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Can we please have the rocket launcher as a stream fire weapon as long as you hold the trigger?

Thinking of losing a giant blob of rockets due to hitreg or something is not a good thing...

stream fire means also the accidental press of a fire button won't be like carrying 3-5 tons of dead weight around

Oh absolutely this. Mostly because I think it will look hilarious/amazing. Have they mentioned anything about the MRM firing pattern?

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 28 April 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#29 Mineirinho

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

Good Job PGI.

Nice designs! Everything looks cool!

Please, do not forget the mech's retrofit, game tuning and new maps.

Good job!

#30 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 28 April 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

As cool as manually firing rockets would be, it would defeat the purpose of burst damage. Which is the only pro the rocket launcher has imo. but damn that would be cool, they would need to do a lot of damage to make it worth carrying though.

#31 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:43 PM

PGI: like what i see! Good Job! Just i dont know how IS Ultra ACs will work: Pinpoint or multiple Bullets...? I Suggest for the IS UACs: AC2 1 Bullet; AC5 (as now) 1 Bullet; AC10 2 Bullets; AC20 3 Bullets. Then its still better than the Clan Counterpart but Pinpoint would be realy hard. And it would make no sence use the "old" AC10 and 20.

#32 Ausajax

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

It would have been nice to see renderings of the MRMs in this stream. Still enjoyed watching it though.

Also, really looking forward to the Uziel....mmmmmm.....

#33 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:30 PM

View PostAusajax, on 28 April 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

It would have been nice to see renderings of the MRMs in this stream. Still enjoyed watching it though.

Also, really looking forward to the Uziel....mmmmmm.....

I think they said that MRMs won't have a different mesh than LRMs... just the texture

#34 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:57 AM

View PostCarminus, on 28 April 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

They almost sound like they don't know their own game.... (paraphrase)"Q: When stealth armor is on which mode is ECM at A: is it counter or disrupt?..whatever the default is" lol.

I kind of got that same impression. However Russ is getting old. With that so does memory. Also there is a fact that he has more on his plate than just game stats being CEO. I am pretty sure he doesn't play this game religiously like some folks here. Then there is the aspect that he probably turned this project over to an employee(s) that are doing the work. Thus he is going off of annotations for weapons specifics. Generalizatons might suit him best?

#35 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:52 AM

well well. How long does it take to demonstrate the animations of the new weapons?

#36 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:05 AM

https://pt.wikipedia...wagen_VI_Tiger.
Heavy Machine Gun

The design of the weapons is the same as the style of the tank. Posted Image Posted Image more work .

#37 Gazbeard

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPSR Tier 6

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:09 AM

I asked twice during the live stream but got no answers ...

Mechanisms from the original games -

1. Are there any plans to introduce the "crouch command" for mechs? This allows the mech to duck down without moving legs, or to see under cockpit level obstructions, which would be especially useful on maps such as HPG Manifold, Crimson Strait (when defending under the cargo dock - especially towards the saddle), and River City in certain locations.

2. Are there any plans to introduce the ability to raise arms from the shoulders? Either to shoulder level (i.e. straight out from the shoulder) or to above shoulder (a-la-Matrix movie combat walkers in the 3rd film). Obviously not all mechs' geometries would support this, though I think the Timber Wolf did in MW4:Mercs, but not too sure (need to reinstall the game to find out).

Love the renders shown above and in the stream, but as someone said -
  • Cougar - torso is too far back on the legs otherwise looks excellent. I remember from MW4 what a tough s.o.b. this was to fight even in a Timber Wolf (Mad Cat I) and look forward to receiving it in July - please don't give it stupid torso hit boxes.
  • Mad Cat II - underside of centre torso is "off" a little - it should have a flatter underside. Still concerned this is a battlemech with fixed hardpoints - it was an omnimech in MW4:Mercs. Have pre-ordered it regardless of that.
  • Uziel - legs are proportionately correct for the model in the original games - they were always spindly (similar to Stormcrow). Desperately trying to get a loan from the wife so I can make this my 3rd Ultimate pack purchase from the release.
  • Annhi - always going to be an ugly mech whatever you do with it, only some outstanding camo patterns have any chance of prettyfying it. Love the top-of-torso mounts though. I'm still unlikely to get it due to the engine size/speed limitations ... might be useful as a base guardian for incursion games but can't see it being effective beyond that - seems a bit like an updated small engine Stalker (easy to get isolated and picked off by fast lights = damage and XP pinata ... even a DireWolf could encircle it and kill it with SPLs).

#38 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:10 AM

The Annihilator model looks thinner (in breadth) than in the conceptual artwork, but that might be due to a different camera angle. To my eyes, it somewhat resembles a submarine now, with that bulbous body and the 'periscope' at the top. It also looks more angular and machine-like than the version in the artwork ... a distinctive look.

#39 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

To counter your argument slightly Navid..... Volumetrics. You already get to lose volume of your mech if the shoulder missiles don't get equipped. The main shape of the mech has to stay a size to maintain their whole scale method.

View PostNavid A1, on 28 April 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

PGI... PLEASE... FIX THIS:

Fix it when you are doing new tech retrofits.... Please.

Posted Image

#40 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

View PostJondoeiowa, on 29 April 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

To counter your argument slightly Navid..... Volumetrics. You already get to lose volume of your mech if the shoulder missiles don't get equipped. The main shape of the mech has to stay a size to maintain their whole scale method.

I wonder if the volume of the Mad Cat (and other 'mechs with "optional" weapon geometry) is based on the base, weaponless model, or on the model with the most possible additions? Possibly somewhere in between? (If this is already known, a link would be much appreciated Posted Image )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users