#1 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

this is getting rediculous.

edit, moving a later post i made up to the op, it explains everything much better.

(kcom) isnt really the problem. its consistently seeing them, match after match, and no way out other to friend and check when their deployed, or wait 15 minutes to be sure. either way, im waiting really long, when its clear after 5 matches in a row that we aint gonna win that night against them. now if it was every other game, not much of a problem, they got good players, their chill, its no biggie. its the consistency. and i dont think its just them. people are going to see it every time a top teir unit is dropping. but back to back matches against any given one of those teams is just devestating for keeping a groups morale up and people playing.

Edited by naterist, 05 May 2017 - 12:19 PM.

#2 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

does no other unit play this game? like seriously. this is my night every night. 5-6, pugs. 6 and after, kcom.

like, if not a matchmaker, throw in a tweak to the que were you cant play the same guys twice in a row. this is getting stupid. i already know pat kell is a better dc than i. i dont need to rediscover it every match. im getting curious if there are even other clanners anymore.

#3 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

I love going against KCOM

#4 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

LMFAO Someone BROKE!

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:03 PM

View Postnaterist, on 03 May 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

does no other unit play this game? like seriously. this is my night every night. 5-6, pugs. 6 and after, kcom.

like, if not a matchmaker, throw in a tweak to the que were you cant play the same guys twice in a row. this is getting stupid. i already know pat kell is a better dc than i. i dont need to rediscover it every match. im getting curious if there are even other clanners anymore.

We just play a lot. This time of night we tend to pull people from other units to get a 12man because not a whole ton of units are on. Since we drop in a group we go to the front of the line most the time.

Best thing I can recommend is take a 5 minute break after we drop against you and you'll likely miss us. We don't wait to drop again - it's all hustle, all the time. Most matches possible. Part of what happens is you drop against us, then launch again and we're almost certainly the ones in queue again. So you'll end up in a cycle where you are dropping the same time we are again and again.

Wait 5 minutes, play in the mechlab, then drop again. That or try to wrap into a good sized group; makes a world of difference.

#6 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

I like playing against them. Always a brawl, Every time. But they need to work on their manners; walking on the lower portion of caustic and letting my Atlas shoot over their heads instead of into their mechs is just rude. Tut, tut gentlemen!

#7 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 May 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

We just play a lot. This time of night we tend to pull people from other units to get a 12man because not a whole ton of units are on. Since we drop in a group we go to the front of the line most the time.

Best thing I can recommend is take a 5 minute break after we drop against you and you'll likely miss us. We don't wait to drop again - it's all hustle, all the time. Most matches possible. Part of what happens is you drop against us, then launch again and we're almost certainly the ones in queue again. So you'll end up in a cycle where you are dropping the same time we are again and again.

Wait 5 minutes, play in the mechlab, then drop again. That or try to wrap into a good sized group; makes a world of difference.

Im in a 12 man. We do wait. It doesnt change. And im aware of the cycle and how it works, ive tried to brake it, but fact is that i normally play yall 4-5 times in a row. There is no change.

Every night, all month. No change. Sometimes i see mazr on the weekends. Its getting old. I dont want to play the same 12 guys every night, every match. Idc if i gotta pug it, i want i shuffle. Either pop is just gone, no one else in que, or this cycle is too easy to fall in based on the way the que is set up. Somethings gotta change.

#8 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

This is mainly fueled by my watching kanajashis f2p fw games. He comments how the problem is he sees an enemy team and can tell instantly if its gonna be a stomp or a good game, before the drop even starts, and since i see kcom EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. And i realized, thats the issue here. That is the best simplification of all the individual problems. You know off the bat if your wasting your time, and any fw 'solution' needs to account for it.

#9 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:20 PM

Are you doing that highly situational Med Brawler rush in said 12man? If so, that'll be half your problem.

lol @ Kanajashi. If he's not good at the mode (and seeing the builds he brought to Boreal for example, they are pathetic), he can't complain. Team up or don't play if you can't hack it because you are poorly equipped for the mode.

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 03 May 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

Same here. Always an excellent fight, never a steamroll.

I would say we are about 50/50 on win/losses when we come against them these days and not because they got bad - we got better. After taking beatings you either learn/improve or you don't :)

#10 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

View Postccrider, on 03 May 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

I like playing against them. Always a brawl, Every time. But they need to work on their manners; walking on the lower portion of caustic and letting my Atlas shoot over their heads instead of into their mechs is just rude. Tut, tut gentlemen!

Pfft. There were people in your team NOT in Atlases wave 1. We responded to the slight with another slight.

If you're not going to Rules of Queensbury, neither are we.

#11 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:23 AM

View Postnaterist, on 03 May 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

does no other unit play this game?

Sure, but they don't play FP, because it sucks.

Running into KCOM is better than running into EmP.

#12 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:07 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 04 May 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

Sure, but they don't play FP, because it sucks.

Running into KCOM is better than running into EmP.

No hate against the COM, but I have more fun fighting EmP.. just for the variety of tactics they use and how sometimes they split and flank.

#13 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

View PostAnTi90d, on 04 May 2017 - 03:07 AM, said:

No hate against the COM, but I have more fun fighting EmP.. just for the variety of tactics they use and how sometimes they split and flank.

Well, to be fair, you will see EmP in CW every once in a blue moon. When seeing them in regular queue, it's seldomly more than 4 of them. The last time i have seen a really large EmP premade was when twinky did his "final boss" thing in CW, they didn't lose a single match, hulksmashed units (i remember ISEN and 54MR) and pugs alike.

#14 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:22 AM

I think we did the best against them, 12-8 first wave or something.

Was downhill after that. I'll take 33-48 or whatever it was against thst level of player. :D
And that's what it's about, trying your best and playing the best to get better. If you're not, well, that's another issue.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 04 May 2017 - 05:23 AM.

#15 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:45 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 May 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

This answer shows why I always liked Kcom (although they always beat up my butt). They understand that it can be frustrating for newer/worse players to loose match after match and they give them an advice how to avoid them. This has class and style. There are other units, that try to humiliate the seals and by doing so, push them away from this game. Short term thinking. Evil, take a good look. This is how you encourage people to keep playing this game.

#16 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 May 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

Pfft. There were people in your team NOT in Atlases wave 1. We responded to the slight with another slight.

If you're not going to Rules of Queensbury, neither are we.
I threw up in my mouth seeing warhammer and battlemasters on my team. But a gentlemen is a gentlemen; I hiked up my Atlas' knickers, put up my fists (pinkies up of course) and prepared to administer a proper thrashing. Then you simply walked where I couldn't reach. Next time we meet, prepare for a glove to be removed and used to slap your scorch across the cockpit. Honor requires it; good day, sir!

#17 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 03 May 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

I love playing with KCOM.

The aggro is real.

Even losses with a lance of KCOMrades on your own side are hard-fought engagements.

Edited by Virlutris, 04 May 2017 - 03:04 PM.

#18 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

this is why they need a solo queue or small group queue in faction play

#19 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

dont like who you are fighting you can always change faction. then you can get seal clubbed by a completely different unit.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 May 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#20 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

Op I just type crap at the start of a match

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users