I just feel sorry for the team that played them after us Posted Image

o7

#42 Jubblator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

They need to split the queues for pug and for teams again, screw the long times to wait, let the whiners hate. Pugs vs teams will never be fun or balanced in any longer stretch, here you dont even get to feel like there is even a remote chance that you can win...since clan....

#43 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:39 PM

Its not just KCom, its the whole team vs pug problem that has plagued FP from the beginning. Its why in QP there are significant tonnage penalties for running a large group and an attempt at matchmaking.

Edited by Sagamore, 05 May 2017 - 11:39 PM.

#44 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:07 AM

View PostSagamore, on 05 May 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Its not just KCom, its the whole team vs pug problem that has plagued FP from the beginning. Its why in QP there are significant tonnage penalties for running a large group and an attempt at matchmaking.

Idk, pgi seems against trying it, though i agree it would work if they didnt potatoe it. But keep in mind, there are solos who have beaten 12 mans because of various reasons and the stars have aligned, but if someone plays a group, either base it on the individuals in the enemy team or just to the groups, and make it so you dont play the same people twice in a row. That sounds easier then a fullblown matchmaker and doesnt split any ques.

#45 Slowth

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

Please, don't hate the player, hate the game.

#46 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:12 PM

Your solution to all your problems with CW

#47 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:31 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 06 May 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

i never once implied kcom was cheating. im saying they need to put in something that makes it so every match isnt a rematch of the last stomping if ques arent tukkayid level fast.

short of a full matchmaker, which would be prefered.

Edited by naterist, 06 May 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#48 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

View PostSagamore, on 05 May 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Hey I think you are onto something. Quick Play = group limitations, Faction Play = no limitations. It's almost like PGI is trying to tell the players something.

#49 ShiftySWP and the Pleated Pants

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:33 AM

View Postnaterist, on 06 May 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

i never once implied kcom was cheating. im saying they need to put in something that makes it so every match isnt a rematch of the last stomping if ques arent tukkayid level fast.

short of a full matchmaker, which would be prefered.

Concur, Nats beef is not necessarily with KCOM. It is just highlight by the fact that we normally get our group going about the same time as his FRR hub group. Only a couple of big groups playing, you are bound to meet more often than not.

I will say, that KCOM's success is derived from discipline. We don't have set decks or mech builds. The call before match is either "Full Brawl", "Mid-Brawl", or "Long Range". Let Pat'Kell'Hell'Fire (or Stew verbal lashing) fall on the person in our drop that does not fit their deck in that description. Also, our TS is the most calm and quiet I have ever been in. Sometimes it gets chatty but 9/10 it is Pat or another Officer calling for the movements and everyone racing to be the first in the line. To die leading a push is glory for the group. Nobody gives a crap if you break 2K. Much craps given if you are still on first mech and we are rolling into 3rd wave.

Let lessons be learned.

#50 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:01 AM

There was a solo queue at the start of FW phase 2. People complained and PGI removed it after ~2 weeks.

#51 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

What would your response be if you had won 5 times straight, and one of your opponents posted a topic exactly like this?

#52 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

<3 kcom.
Pat kell is always in the front. always a hard fight.

#53 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:36 AM

View Postebolachan, on 07 May 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

<3 kcom.
Pat kell is always in the front. always a hard fight.

I gotta do something about my paint schemes then if I am being recognized so easily...

#54 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 07 May 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

I gotta do something about my paint schemes then if I am being recognized so easily...

You might consider stealth armor when it comes out because anyone who plays FW knows to target you first.

#55 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 07 May 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

You might consider stealth armor when it comes out because anyone who plays FW knows to target you first.

You make that sound bad. I know that if we drop on Boreal I don't need to worry about LRMs because pat will get NARCed 3z before anyone even shoots at me.

#56 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

I always look for pat in a push, he hates being hit in the shins......just go for his shins, papa pat hates being kicked in the shins

#57 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 04 May 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

They didn't f*cking attempt a solo queue. Stop spreading that goddamn nonsense. Go back, read, f*cking read what they did.
It was a "non unit tag queue" which was not the goddamn f*cking solo/group split people keep asking for. The "unit tag queue" was still like 50% solo players because every solo player with a freakin unit tag had to play group queue.

Gosh i'm sick and tired of people claiming "but they did a solo queue". No, they didn't. They set up a "non unit tag" queue to fail, and scrapped it after a few days because it had 0% of ever working. They did something no one ever asked for, something no one right in his mind could believe it would work.

Stop spreading false information.

We can argue the synchdrop boogieman all day long without even trying a prober soloqueue if you wish. But stop claiming they tried a soloqueue.

View PostCadoAzazel, on 04 May 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

no they didn't as others have told you, look through my old posts on my profile if you want to find one of the 10 times ive explained it in detail.

The above, you forgot to mention the stupid unit thingy was also only applied while Scouting was brand new and draining all players into 4v4 from 12v12 to play something new. it was scrapped b4 scouting got old.

This is rich coming from someone who only did over 50 games so far this phase (Meteorol) and another who runs alt accounts in faction play (Cado). There was a reason why they are not doing matchmaker so here it is. Unfortunately what you explained in detail is irrelevant. Unless you can explain how your so-called "matchmaker" works in complete detail, theres nothing that states that matchmaker will work here. Here's the load down of why it failed.

No I don't speak false information especially when I am keeping tabs on stuff involving Faction Play. I wasn't the only one mentioned why it Failed after sometime. It was Russ Bullock. Me and many others including NGNG's (Sean Lang) said it wouldn't work a year way before phase 3 even came and we were right about it. Russ mentions on twitter and all later on and explained the avg wait time was over 1 hour and 45 minutes for solos when in terms of group queue, 15 minutes. I know this is true due to the fact that a friend of mine in the oceanic time zone couldn't get a game till after 2 hours for invasion and wished he made a unit just to wait for 15 minutes or less instead. The only reason why the scouting worked fine was because you only need 4 players where in the invasion you need 12. Russ said in twitter he tried it and basically said it failed, thus reverting it back due to lack of players. Look here and don't say they didn't even attempt it. They did. https://mwomercs.com...for-04-28-2016/

If our player base was so big like it should've been but wasn't, it would've worked just fine. Then there are those who claim it came mostly to time zones and all that etc. While i find that statement garbage, thats only if all 3 timezones were working and getting filled daily which it didnt. If they did with this "bucket system" now, maybe but I still wouldn't bet on it. There is still too many things it has to add into account.

As a developer I knew what PGI tried to do to make matchmaker work however; I knew way before hand that it wouldn't work due to the limitations that Faction Play had presented when taking certain things in to account with Factions + Mercs and all etc. I like to see how you explain how it would work because right now, I will know if it works or not period.

#58 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

its not the paint pat, its the nova jumping 60 feet in the air like a rabbit on crack shooting ppcs. thats how we find you. less jj=more stealth.

#59 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

LOL... dang arms are so low on the nova, I have to jump that high just to get a shot off, plus I am such a terrible shot that I get the extra height to allow for aim time in the air...jump sniper I am not.

#60 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 08 May 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

LOL... dang arms are so low on the nova, I have to jump that high just to get a shot off, plus I am such a terrible shot that I get the extra height to allow for aim time in the air...jump sniper I am not.

Everyone knows you're first in, first dead on a push. You give Mech the Dane a run for that "leader down, everyone else over the gap" title Posted Image .

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 08 May 2017 - 04:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users