#81 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 03 May 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

lol @ Kanajashi. If he's not good at the mode (and seeing the builds he brought to Boreal for example, they are pathetic), he can't complain. Team up or don't play if you can't hack it because you are poorly equipped for the mode.

Kanajashi lmfao - enough said tbh. Posted Image

#82 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

Yep, basically. Laughing stock IMO.

View PostPat Kell, on 25 May 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

We let non-KCom people drop with us every night, but thanks for the well wishes.

As do we.

As do pretty much most units.

Such comments, totally inaccurate, they baffle me.

#83 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 May 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

Yep, basically. Laughing stock IMO.

As do we.

As do pretty much most units.

Such comments, totally inaccurate, they baffle me.

When someone doesn't want to do something that they should or refuses to deal with a problem that's stopping them from getting what they want they have to justify and make excuses. The most popular sort of excuses to make are 'moral high-ground' ones.

'I don't join groups because then I'd be evil just like groups'.

'I would but they all hate me and won't play with anyone else'.

It's all total BS but when someone is trying to justify why their being mediocre and accepting failure is okay they have to create a reason for that to be okay and why doing what would get them what they want would be JUST LIKE KILLING BABY SEALS.

When someone wants to improve they put the effort into improving. Until then they make excuses for why not improving is okay. It's just how people work.

#84 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

We let non-KCom people drop with us every night, but thanks for the well wishes.

That's how I found KCOM...and 228th...and MS...

That's how ANYONE finds the units they're in.

I wish MORE people would take the time to play with the units. They might actually learn something!

Edited by Commander A9, 25 May 2017 - 06:26 PM.

#85 Gerwig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:23 PM

switch to clan :)

#86 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

Just look at his location, it's the land of tier 4 / 5 FP battles. Ya know Clan Davion vs. Traitor Mariks "Wazan" blah blah blah ... more bads playing bads making all the bads feel good about LRM's and gen rushes (to be fair I think Gen Rushing is fair game).

#87 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

You meet some good peeps TS hopping, life in MWO wouldnt be the same without it.

#88 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 25 May 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

You meet some good peeps TS hopping, life in MWO wouldnt be the same without it.

It would be terribly lonely IMO.

Was funny I logged on as I was MRBC Shoutcasting today... Within 4mins of logging in I'd had 3 invites for FP from a bunch of like minded indivuduals. And people say it's hard to find a group?

pfft.

#89 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 May 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

Was funny I logged on as I was MRBC Shoutcasting today... Within 4mins of logging in I'd had 3 invites for FP from a bunch of like minded indivuduals. And people say it's hard to find a group?

pfft.

Being a half decent player who can listen and follow helps with people inviting you to groups as well.

#90 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 25 May 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

pfft.

Trying is hard yo. When I play Overwatch I get killed quick when I try a new character out. So I do a small bit of research online ... figure out what to do and next thing ya know I am doing decent. I talk to others in chat / comms and group up with like minded folks Next thing you know "Winning". Same with ARK ... got "rekt" so often to start then later my steam list expanded by a hundred as I learned the game and got to know folks whom wanted to try a little. Not a lot ... but a little.

#91 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 25 May 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

Being a half decent player who can listen and follow helps with people inviting you to groups as well.

Absolutely. Most so following the calls is the main one as I was getting invites even when I was pretty bad from Pat, maybe he was potential in me and look what happened :D

Hell in OC zone if I have a group I will literally invite EVERYONE on my friends list and even then you only end up with 4-5 in a group cause of PGIs failure to update it real-time

View PostCrockdaddy, on 25 May 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Trying is hard yo. When I play Overwatch I get killed quick when I try a new character out. So I do a small bit of research online ... figure out what to do and next thing ya know I am doing decent. I talk to others in chat / comms and group up with like minded folks Next thing you know "Winning". Same with ARK ... got "rekt" so often to start then later my steam list expanded by a hundred as I learned the game and got to know folks whom wanted to try a little. Not a lot ... but a little.

It's like

Voodoo Magic!

#92 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

People dropping with you already know the mode and game they are not new people. You're the one forcing out the new people. CW is dead because new people go and play " quick play" like you said.

Over all even if they were new , few people in your 12 man means nothing. This mode needs thousands of players.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 26 May 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#93 ShiftySWP and the Pleated Pants

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 May 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

People dropping with you already know the mode and game they are not new people. You're the one forcing out the new people. CW is dead because new people go and play " quick play" like you said.

Over all even if they were new , few people in your 12 man means nothing. This mode needs thousands of players.

So... When 4.1 dropped and IS was getting rolled....

I organized a couple IS training drops specifically for new folks. It was well coordinated, friendly, mentoring, and low stress.

I advertised the drops for two weeks....

Would you like to know how many "New to FP players participated"?...... 2. Just 2. They learned a ton and Ill never do it again because the majority of the pug player base does not want to learn or get better. They want to bring what they want to bring and play rambo style... and lose.

We don't owe those who make bad decisions and decide to remain ignorant to the game anything other than a nice steam role.

Open public training does not work. Only the motivated get better and find a like minded group. Heck it took me since closed beta to "get gud" and find a unit that fit my play style.

Almost every "elite" FP unit out there will help out new folks... IF... they listen, are cordial, and... most importantly.... learn. Most pugs are unwilling to do that. Hence, good players flock together and the "un'goods" continue to get rolled.

Same old story.

#94 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 May 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Monkey, with respect, that just isn't true.

I was dropping with KCom and only managing 400dmg-600dmg a match when I started out playing FP.

One of my unit leaders Daidachi told me that Pat / KCom would take anyone as long as they followed orders, so I hopped over to their channel as a total noobian and intro'd myself and started dropping with them when my own unit wasn't on. Being Oceanic, it's always hard to find people in a unit that is 95% US based

I learnt plenty from the experience and before long I'd picked up positioning, movement and sitting around 1500dmg as an average.

I now repay that favour to others. Anyone is welcome to hop on our TS (or when I'm on a faction hub) and drop with whatever group there is. Doesn't matter if you're new or a seasoned Vet - it's all part of getting a group and having some laughs.

As many would know - the more beers I have the more hilarity ensues until I fall asleep in my chair :D

View PostShiftySWP and the Pleated Pants, on 26 May 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

Spoiler

Such an accurate post if ever I have seen one.

The solos would rather sook/cry/complain than actually work as a team.

I see it most drops. It's pathetic.

#95 J U R A P H

• PipPip
  • Tai-sa
  • Tai-sa
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

Just yesterday we were in a CW skirmish match on polar highlands, as we only had 6 in TS, we did a lot of calling in game. To cut a long story short, we ended up winning 18-14 or something at a timeout(Was a bloody good match), and we had a pug who was literally on his last mech, getting ****** at us in voip for trying to be organized. All the others were absolutely fantastic and followed calls, but this guy was having none of it. I think the moral is that not everyone views CW as a place for team play, not sure if it's better to just let them do their thing, or try to convince them to either follow suite or stay out =/.

#96 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

View PostJ U R A P H, on 26 May 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Just yesterday we were in a CW skirmish match on polar highlands, as we only had 6 in TS, we did a lot of calling in game. To cut a long story short, we ended up winning 18-14 or something at a timeout(Was a bloody good match), and we had a pug who was literally on his last mech, getting ****** at us in voip for trying to be organized. All the others were absolutely fantastic and followed calls, but this guy was having none of it. I think the moral is that not everyone views CW as a place for team play, not sure if it's better to just let them do their thing, or try to convince them to either follow suite or stay out =/.

I can tell you from 1,000+ games last season alone, there is almost ALWAYS 1 PUG who will refuse to:

1. Listen
2. Move with the group
3. Follow the groups calls/targets
4. Hold back and don't reinforce waves

Instead they wanna "play their way". Do their own thing, in a fuking TEAM oriented mode.

I mean it's usually only one so I don't let it bother me anymore. I mean it used to but you become desensitised after it happening a few 100 times.

But the players that do listen - happily pick em up from LFG / give them our TS and so on. So while there certainly are many, many potatoes out there. There are also plenty of people willing to learn.

I have also found that the most unwilling/argumentative/defiant are during the US phase for whatever reason. Oceanic is a very social timezone usually. I think everyone realises the population is so slim that any offer of help/grouping and general hilarious times is highly welcomed.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 26 May 2017 - 04:00 PM.

#97 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Maybe you guy pull in people differently than I used to. I say used to because I don't even try with cw anymore.

The way we used to do it is pull in the pugs from the drops we did in smaller groups. These pugs we're pulled into the house servers. Then once they got used to the house teams they were pulled into units.

But it all started at the pug level. CW needs pugs to survive. "Hardcore mode" isn't going to work.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 26 May 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#98 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

My story was circa 12 months ago KCom, and that hasn't changed. Anytime I pop past KCom channel there is always rando's in there I've never seen/played with before.

Same for our Oceanic groups. Always a hatchet group, always will be due to population.

#99 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 26 May 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Monkey, with respect, that just isn't true.
D

Was.

I wasn't talking about kcom but units in general. A few units teaching a few pugs isn't going to be enough to supply cw with a playing population.

#100 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 May 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

I wasn't talking about kcom but units in general. A few units teaching a few pugs isn't going to be enough to supply cw with a playing population.

You are correct but that isn't our fault. Nor is it PGI's in my opinion. It's the individuals fault who jumps into a game and thinks that they should be able to rule after just a few short drops, get frustrated when they continue to get rolled and then quit. They choose to blame everyone (PGI, units, hackers) except the real cause of the issue and the actual one thing that they can fix, themselves. Until these people come to realize that they are the problem and only they can fix the problem, this game and thousands of others will suffer from the same delusional thinking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users