• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 04 May 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

By my tally...

925-1,150 mc depending on IS/Clan overall performance
24.5-29 million c-bills depending on IS/Clan overall performance (not counting what you earned in game)
44 supply cache keys
30,000 GXP
2 Mechbays
7 days active PT

Lets hope its enough of an attractant to bring in CW-expats, and casuals.

#22 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

For the Personal Challenges, can they be done in either Scouting or Faction Play match modes, as long as you get the cumulative 400 match score? I'm going to assume they can't be accomplished in Quick Play, correct?

#23 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

So, since you're not resetting contracts, that means mercenary groups who prefer playing on Clans, and who want to be on Clans for this event, are stuck staying with IS if they happened to pick a contract the day before to join the IS.

Which means they're stuck working for the opposing side for the first week of the competition until they can switch midway.

Real nice of you, PGI-NOT!

Do the right thing and reset the contracts, would you?

Edited by Commander A9, 04 May 2017 - 02:48 PM.

#24 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 04 May 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Call me crazy, but the progress bar on the even page seems to be backward from the normal bar in faction warfare. Normally, if the bar is all the way to the right, the Inner Sphere is winning, but with the bar on the event page, it looks like if the bar is all the way to the left, the Inner Sphere is winning. To prevent confusion, you might want to make those two graphics sync up.

Also - how many faction banners / warhorns do you get at the end, anyway? It seems like it's more than one, but how many more?

You're Crazy! Posted Image

#25 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 04 May 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

I know they are explanatory but I just wanted to share this fun thing that came up when designing the event~

Posted Image This means Easy Mode! You could probably do this in an UrbanMech!

Posted Image It's getting warmer, you're gonna have to go full Nova for this one!

Posted Image You're gonna need a bigger hammer to nail this one. So completionists beware!! It's gonna be tough..

Posted Image This will be a Dire situation! Remember this is the real Hard Mode, for those with much patience, skill and time!

Wait...are you suggesting that the mechs mentioned are not balanced against one another?!
That some mechs are in fact superior to others!!!?

I believe Paul will be wanting a word with you.

#26 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 04 May 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

For the Personal Challenges, can they be done in either Scouting or Faction Play match modes, as long as you get the cumulative 400 match score? I'm going to assume they can't be accomplished in Quick Play, correct?

Everything on this page is in Faction Play game modes only.

Scouting Mode is eligible in every personal challenge except for the one called:
"Faction Play Match Participation Personal Challenge" <--That one is where you have the "Play X amount of matches" requirements.

#27 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

This looks like an outstanding event with great rewards. Fitting way to close out the old timeline and welcome in the new, even if it is the third time it has been fought. It would be even nice if you could wedge an Operation Bulldog in there prior to July 18th.

#28 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

Looking forward to this.

Anyone notice mwomercs' latest YouTube upload?

#29 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

In that casethe entire event is easy mode! ;)

Seriously, don't underestimate the Urbie!

#30 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 04 May 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Lets hope its enough of an attractant to bring in CW-expats, and casuals.

Stuff doesn't make me play games anymore. Wait times hit 40mins again im not even going to try.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 04 May 2017 - 03:18 PM.

#31 - Pestilence -

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

I'am a deserter right now will it still count ?

#32 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:49 PM

really should be resetting contracts prior to this.

#33 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

I'm keeping this!

View PostPeiper, on 04 May 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Some of us would NEVER play for Liao.

We are only Liao for the Cbills currently, because there faction play was meaningless.

Hey now, some of us play Liao on moral grounds.

Edited by stealthraccoon, 04 May 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#34 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

I know they are explanatory but I just wanted to share this fun thing that came up when designing the event~

Posted Image It's getting warmer, you're gonna have to go full Nova for this one!

Posted Image You're gonna need a bigger hammer to nail this one. So completionists beware!! It's gonna be tough..

Posted Image This will be a Dire situation! Remember this is the real Hard Mode, for those with much patience, skill and time!

Sorry, seems i can do "epic" in 1 day... Can you add some "hell", "nightmare", "for monsters only" and "Just stop him!" levels of difficultys?

#35 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 04 May 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

Hey now, some of us play Liao on moral grounds.

That's cool. We all have our reasons for picking factions. When it comes to Tukayyid, it's the Clans vs. the traitorous Comstar. The Houses aren't even involved. They weren't even consulted before Comstar made a deal with the clans, and that was AFTER operation Scorpion. So, no way in hell will we play for the inner sphere for Tukayyid - on moral grounds. And as we are working for LOKI, we have reasons to want Clan Wolf to rise to the top of the heap. Better to have a Warden Clan as ilClan than a crusader, believe me.

#36 Teuf

Rookie

• The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

Dont be douchebags, reset the freaking contracts.

#37 Michaelson Snow

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

Why punish the mercs so? We follow the c-bill for the most part, but really, you gave next to no time to adjust from FP meaning nothing but c-bills, to meaning something....more personal.

For the love of Kerensky reset contracts at event start.....!!

#38 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Mercs are being punished

View PostMichaelson Snow, on 04 May 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Why punish the mercs so? We follow the c-bill for the most part, but really, you gave next to no time to adjust from FP meaning nothing but c-bills, to meaning something....more personal.

haha hahah ahahahahhhahahahhhahaha
havent had this good of a laugh in a while...

#39 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

View PostMichaelson Snow, on 04 May 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Why punish the mercs? Why punish the mercs? Punish? Mercs?

Why punish the loyalists?
A lotta loyalists have been asking themselves and pgi this very same question since the introduction of the mercenary branch and contracts.

I agree there had to be an announcement but maybe this was done in order to prevent mercs to choose and seal the fate of this event in advance?

Edited by Daemon04, 04 May 2017 - 04:40 PM.

#40 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

View PostDaemon04, on 04 May 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Why punish the loyalists?
A lotta loyalists have been asking themselves and pgi this very same question since the introduction of the mercenary branch and contracts.

A question we have been asking since the beginning is WHY should we pledge loyalty to anyone with the system the way it is. My unit is loyal to our friends, not to lore (partly because lore means crap in this game, not because we don't love lore!)
When I say I want to go wolf for this event, it is because we have a great time playing with the Clan Wolf International guys for events like this.

I could care less about the C-bills - right now it's -40% payouts with wolves for us mercs to sign on with wolves. That matters when CW doesn't. That doesn't matter to me now, because we have a REASON to want to go wolf. The actual reason the Devil Dogs are not loyalists is because we want to play with ALL of our mechs in CW. We have to hop contracts in order to get to play with all of our mechs some of the time. When I created the unit, I picked Wolf's Dragoons because of their access to clan tech, and because we could play a traditional clan unit in the Inner Sphere. We can't do that in MWO because of the artificial segregation of battlemechs. Remember, Luthien was defended by 3 regiments of Wolfs Dragoons and Kell Hounds equipped with clan tech, and that was BEFORE Tukayyid. We HAD a lore reason to be Wolf's Dragoons, but PGI stripped that from us logistically.

Now, as far as the overall community warfare, what we do in CW is absolutely minimal. There are no supply lines to raid, no mech factories to loot, no black market to play, no salvage, no reason or benefit to attacking or defending any particular planet. If we knew we were having a truly positive effect for Steiner or Wolf or the Wolf's Dragoons by being loyalist in CW, we'd consider it. But the reasons for being loyalist are much less appealing than being free to switch sides to play our favorite mechs at least some of the time. Variety, what little there is in MWO, is important.

View PostDaemon04, on 04 May 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

I agree there had to be an announcement but maybe this was done in order to prevent mercs to choose and seal the fate of this event in advance?

I understand that. But is it fair to punish my little, non-competitive but lore-friendly and community-friendly unit because of what has happened in the past? I have a lot of veteran but dormant players in my unit, and some new guys who would like to know what it is to be part of something greater, some good teamwork and communication. I have to galvanize them to get them out for a week of mechin'. This is my chance. But in order to do it, I have to stack the cards right for my unit. I have to plan to help put them into a place where we'll both have fun and a chance to make a difference. I also would like to reforge old friendships with the guys at Clan Wolf who we've very much enjoyed dropping with before. I can't do that with our damned contract being with Liao.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users