330 replies to this topic

#321 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

View Postceesje, on 15 May 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

Yeh yeh those figures you have mcgrall18 are worth nothing because i haven't played the game for over a year.
I'm back in to the game a couple of months now

You started playing again in November last year, with 504 battles played that month.

November to May is 7 months, much more than a 'couple of months'.

As you can see not so many QP's.

You have 1729 battles played in the QP Leaderboard, that is much more than 'not so many'.

For youre info my unit does'nt play much QP's to gether so no carrying there i play QP 's mostly solo goes quicker to lvl 3 mechs.

Your total stats from before Season 7 = 911 battles, 0.87 W/L, 0.97 K/D, 0.67 K/B, 203 avg MS
Your total stats for Season 7 and later = 827 battles, 1.29 W/L, 1.02 K/D, 0.69 K/B, 214 avg MS

That is a minuscule increase in K/D, K/B and avg MS, for a large increase in W/L.

Take a look at the correlation graphs here.
For you to have suddenly risen to achieving W/L around 1.30, you should expect your Kills/Deaths to have gone up to around 1.30, your Kills/Battle to have gone up to around 1.1 and your average Match Score to have gone up to around 260.

So do you really expect anyone to believe you suddenly started winning so many more battles without being carried, when the statistical evidence says you didn't become a better player?

#322 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:41 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 15 May 2017 - 03:07 AM, said:

Buffs*

Sphere needs buffs

DakkaBear STRONK
https://imgur.com/a/ekmuB
An evening of back to back successes.
And a Potato build

4 cUAC10s just prints damage (M2C LOLpha does as well)

Fair enough, a well played Dakka Bear is STRONK .
My implied question was more if you´re hanging back and letting 11 others tank for or if you´re tanking .

If IS needs further buffs for single chassis or even blanketbuffs, that is a point that is extremely debatable and with the closeness of deployment of skilltree one to be found out by us all .
My opinion is that IS has a bunch (not just 3 ...we´re talking more about a dozen+ chassis) of highly competetive chassis and builds, fact remains that most of them are harder to apply/use than their clan counterparts due to their inherent higher skill ceiling on building- and pilotingside .

Anyway, most of these disucssion points will be set back to zero come skilltree deployment and we have to find out where sharts hit fans .

My plea to the community as whole is to be a little less whiteknighty (irregardless of side), a little less forum-influenced and a giga-ton more objective .

With that : prepare to skill ze pokemechs
That would help the enjoyment of all of us .
Edit after reading Z´s post as well

@Zerglings post above mine

77BW plays an odd style .
Commander calls for pushes and at about 60% of the time only 1 or 2 really push out of 5+ players.
Ceesje and me are those pusher guys, hence the rather awkard disproportions in stats shown, due to trying to open that breach yet not enough comrades helping with it or backing it up .

Also, as I said : playerperformance cannot be linear, there is that little something called overall bodily/mental performance capacity curve, that makes people perform all over the place (see "flow-phenomenon" from sports-science and psychology...in short: on somedays one is an absolute beast, on other days one just fails no matter what is being done) .

Edited by The Shortbus, 15 May 2017 - 11:49 PM.

#323 Logan812

• PipPipPip
  • Private
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:40 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 15 May 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Yeah...how about no?

My reasoning is that was essentially the TT's way of "balancing." Whether or not it would make a difference in MWO is anyone's guess, but it would interesting to test. Regardless, Clan tech is obviously superior to Inner Sphere tech which is the entire point (although it's much closer during the FedCom Civil War.)

Would that be a bad idea? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it's something different from the same buff/nerf/quirk **** that's been going on and apparently never works if all the whining is any indication.

That being said, given the choice between the Clan or solo queue matchmaking changes, I'd much rather have a stock mode/queue, but that'll never happen either.

In a perfect world, BV could be taken into account which could help balance things across the board, but that can get very complicated and requires a much larger playerbase. Plus, dropdecks would probably be impossible.

Edited by Logan812, 16 May 2017 - 01:57 AM.

#324 Xariis

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:52 AM

View PostTemplar Dane, on 08 May 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

2x CERLL = 22 damage/20 heat/1.5s duration @ 740m
3x ISERLL = 27 damage/24 heat/1.25s duration @ 675m (742.5m with 10% range quirk)

5x CERML = 35 damage/30 heat/1.15s duration @ 405m
3x ISLPL = 33 damage/21 heat/.67s duration @ 365m (401.5m with 10% range quirk)

Base stats with no quirks, 10% range quirk in parentheses. Where's that massive range advantage? Even with targeting computers, I'd still take the IS vomit any day of the week because of the shorter durations.

CXL vs ISXL........clan weapons tend to spread damage more than IS equivalents. It's easier to core out your target when your damage goes where you want rather than spreading around the target as it moves.

Better heat sinks? How about having to fire less volleys to kill something because your damage isn't spread around the target as much, thus generating less heat?

You handily forgot to mention weight when comparing your apples to oranges
Here I fixed that for you.

8 tonnes 2x CERLL = 22 damage/20 heat/1.5s duration @ 740m
15 tonnes 3x ISERLL = 27 damage/24 heat/1.25s duration @ 675m (742.5m with 10% range quirk)

5 Tonnes 5x CERML = 35 damage/30 heat/1.15s duration @ 405m
21 Tonnes 3x ISLPL = 33 damage/21 heat/.67s duration @ 365m (401.5m with 10% range quirk)

15 Tonnes 3x IS LL = 27 damage/21 heat/1.00s duration @ 450m
So for the massive weight savings you could slap in one of them there targeting computers that you also forgot to mention, that's what 15% range and 25% crit chance? Maybe a few PPCs or ballistics?

When you're poking away at a distance, heat doesn't matter.
A more realistic comparison is the following.

8 tonnes 2x CERLL = 22 damage/20 heat/1.5s duration @ 740m

so 13 ton 57 damage @ 50 heat

At say 400m for 13 tonnes of weight an IS mech can poke back with large lasers or large pulse lasers or PPCs
But can only take one ppc or LPL!!!

Or possibly 2 large lasers and 3 medium running at around 50% damage

So for 2 ll and 3 med
13 tonnes 25.5 damage @ 26 heat

So yeah much cooler, but massively lower damage.

This dynamic plays out in most scenarios you can come up with.
Clan weapons allow you to boat more weapons, yes they're hotter but when trading at range it doesn't matter. Also if you look at damage per heat used, clan weapons aren't much hotter for the damage they do! Certain clan weapons do more damage per heat unit!
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment

When you're playing the hill poking game, you always lose as IS, every single time.

And that's the crux of the matter, it's easy to poke, it's a natural behaviour that every pug does.
For IS to dominate, they need to push in a coordinated fashion and get right up in the clans face and use what heat advantage they have. Even then, it's a risky play, by the time you close the distance, a good clan team can focus down 2 or 3 assaults without too much of a problem. There's also the mobility advantage that allows their heavies to outrun many IS mediums, a Timberwolf or two in the rear of a push can totally derail it.

Try getting a pug group to push properly - doesn't really happen.

I am not complaining as such, just correcting dodgy comparisons and noting my observations.

SO tl;dr. IS needs far more in the way of coordination to win in faction play. I believe this to be the primary reason for the imbalance in the result of the recent event.

#325 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

pre patch clans: ok guys we need to use this dropdecks, this weapons and walk around like this

Post patch: WE ARE THE BORG RESISTANCE IS FUTILE... WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!! Blood for the blood God! Skulls for the skill throne!

#326 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 695 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

View PostGrus, on 17 May 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

pre patch clans: ok guys we need to use this dropdecks, this weapons and walk around like this

Post patch: WE ARE THE BORG RESISTANCE IS FUTILE... WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!! Blood for the blood God! Skulls for the skill throne!

Welcome to clan warrior online.

#327 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

View PostVonbach, on 17 May 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Welcome to clan warrior online.

Clearly you are driving the wrong mechs...I jumped in my WHM-6D last night and it was disgusting...I mean absolutely disgusting.

#328 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:05 PM

I melt Kodiaks and Scorches in my Onion.

11/10, would not Clam again

#329 Logan812

• PipPipPip
  • Private
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

View PostAthom83, on 17 May 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Which is kind of ironic considering the Orion's history in the lore. But yeah, short-range focused Orions can be devastating, and I can only imagine their potential when FedCom Civil War tech arrives. I've been having success with my Bushwacker against Clans too. Plus, it brings MechWarrior 3 nostalgia.

Edited by Logan812, 17 May 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#330 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

Orion is meh, Battlemaster is where it's at.

#331 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

View PostAthom83, on 17 May 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Onion K is best Onion. Playing the mini-Fatlas build has been fun, but I can't wait till Civil war tech comes. MRMs on the Onion. Yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users