To Survive, Battletech Franchise Should Go Back To It's Roots. Anime-Roots!

277 replies to this topic

#101 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:45 AM

View PostCDLord HHGD, on 08 May 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

No thanks.

If I want to watch anime, I'll go watch Robotech or Gundam. One of the very positive things I like about MWO has been PGI's artwork. Battletech/MechWarrior can stand on it's own as a gritty realistic Western war genre, we don't need to copy Anime style.....

Actually, broad flat surfaces is neither realistic nor gritty.
It's a hazard that allows for better projectile penetration.

Edited by Koniving, 08 May 2017 - 05:46 AM.

#102 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

View PostKoniving, on 08 May 2017 - 05:45 AM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

no so sure about the effect of sloping on all materials
might have read somewhere that ceramic composite armor does not work with sloped armor... (but could also be a false memory)

Edited by Karl Streiger, 08 May 2017 - 05:57 AM.

#103 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:59 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 08 May 2017 - 05:53 AM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Great torso armor....
Legs depend on the angle, hit the sides of the legs for maximum damage. Hit the arms from any perpendicular angle for massive damage...

Anyway so while the old art looks like ****, some aspects of the old art has intelligent design, such as the Hunchback's circular arms. These things were difficult to draw and the artists of the time were really basic, doing a lot of their line art on dotted grids and then tracing those (hence the very....'unique' but strange style).

Their art has since begun using real artists, but uh... There's been mixed results.

Edited by Koniving, 08 May 2017 - 06:02 AM.

#104 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

but this means you have the calmness to aim - this is an archangel so you did already **** your pants.
Because you know you will die:
fight and die
run and die
heck even winning would not help much - because the spot at the sky is not a star - its a Essex Class Destroyer pointing some nasty naval lasers down on the surface Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#105 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:10 AM

What's scary is even the stiff movement came from the East.

Most of this series came out in the extremely late 70s, early 80s (predating Battletech) and has pretty much kept the same style even today.... somehow it's kept the same hero throughout, too which baffles me.

Edited by Koniving, 08 May 2017 - 06:12 AM.

#106 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:46 AM

The question is if Battletech even caters the current anime trends.

Int he western world, anime is rather popular, yet the current trend goes rather much to the strange Waifu thingy and even further to more superhuman WTF is just happenign thing.

This doesnt fits to the BT lore and universe. as it would very much require a more grounded and more mature setup of an anime to work properly. When i just compare the original pokemon and the the latest episodes of sun and moon pokemon as well as yu gi oh and the latets yu gi oh, or even how Dragonballs started and ended with superplanetary annihilating powers, then DAMN, this is surely not the direction the BT lore can go. It would alienize what BT is. And if that IS the anime trend then a proper made BT fitting anime would not work as it would even within the anime genre be too niche and not trendy enough.

If BT would follow older 90's concepts like NGE or Submarine No 6 then it could be a somehwat proper BT fitting anime.

Bt all those emotional overdozed weirdo anime styles would just totally kill what BT is since most animes nowdays tend between childish styles in childish acting until even supergory exxagerating stuff. But a serious more mature approach thats what BT needs and this seems not to be the trend of current anime.

A mature anime of Intrigues between the houses, and not a clear definition of balck and white with the bad guy even beeing the one having a "bad experience justifying his evilness" **** we lately see happening in nearly all stuff.

Edited by Lily from animove, 08 May 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#107 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

View PostKoniving, on 08 May 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

Most of this series came out in the extremely late 70s, early 80s (predating Battletech) and has pretty much kept the same style even today.... somehow it's kept the same hero throughout, too which baffles me.

Pretty cool.

I think the first mech fighting suit I know of was in E.E. "Doc Smith's, "Lensman" series first appearance published in Astounding magazine in 1937. Probably some inspiration for Heinlein's "Starship Troopers" 1958.

Modern Manga seems to derive a lot from Osamu Tezuka's "Astroboy". You can still see Astroboy's features in most manga characters.

However Anime-Manga is too much of a fantasy approach to fit the BattleTech universe of science fiction Sim realism. Mixing the two would result in the biggest flop of any game ever. BattleTech existed before the brief pairing with Macross, and Harmony Gold does not own nor did they create Macross. Studio Nue did. Harmony Gold only held the US distribution rights for the TV series. Harmony Gold just has a side business of making lawsuits and is a kind of shady outfit. Beware.

#108 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:06 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 08 May 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

The question is if Battletech even caters the current anime trends.

Int he western world, anime is rather popular, yet the current trend goes rather much to the strange Waifu thingy and even further to more superhuman WTF is just happenign thing.

This doesnt fits to the BT lore and universe. as it would very much require a more grounded and more mature setup of an anime to work properly. When i just compare the original pokemon and the the latest episodes of sun and moon pokemon as well as yu gi oh and the latets yu gi oh, or even how Dragonballs started and ended with superplanetary annihilating powers, then DAMN, this is surely not the direction the BT lore can go. It would alienize what BT is. And if that IS the anime trend then a proper made BT fitting anime would not work as it would even within the anime genre be too niche and not trendy enough.

If BT would follow older 90's concepts like NGE or Submarine No 6 then it could be a somehwat proper BT fitting anime.

Bt all those emotional overdozed weirdo anime styles would just totally kill what BT is since most animes nowdays tend between childish styles in childish acting until even supergory exxagerating stuff. But a serious more mature approach thats what BT needs and this seems not to be the trend of current anime.

A mature anime of Intrigues between the houses, and not a clear definition of balck and white with the bad guy even beeing the one having a "bad experience justifying his evilness" **** we lately see happening in nearly all stuff.

Hence why I would want it to take ques from anime like the following:

SDF Macross (A lot of classic Mechs came from here...)
Macross plus (the last truly good Macross...)
Armoured trooper VOTOMS
Big Wars
Patlabor
MADOX 01
MD Geist
MS Gundam 8th MS team

In other words more grounded series.

#109 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:11 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 08 May 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

Harmony Gold only held the US distribution rights for the TV series. Harmony Gold just has a side business of making lawsuits and is a kind of shady outfit. Beware.

No, no they didn't.... As a current Japanese court ruling decided. HG got the rights from a company that never actually had the international rights to begin with, nor did HG negotiation with Studio Nu or Big West for said rights. This came to light in the west, thanks to HG going after Hasbro over the Jetfire transformer recently.... namely these two recent iterations of him:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#110 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

View PostShiroi Tsuki, on 07 May 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

I fully support having a BattleTech/MechWarrior animu, so long as the people doing it knows BT lore and are consistent.
Also as long is doesn't feel like Gundam where the Mechs are pretty much doing ballet and stuff. What I like about BT/MW compared to other Mech related franchise/Anime is that they feel slow and clunky.

I contest this. Mechwarrior stuff is higher tech and more ridiculous than most UC Gundam. In UC Gundam they only just invented the mech sized PPC and don't have 2 million ton space ships or FTL...

#111 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

@Metus regum

I know. HG got the rights from a company that didn't have the right to make distribution agreements. However, HG did file a lawsuit against FASA based on this agreement. Hasbro also.

#112 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 08 May 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

If anyone remembers the Hangar Queen's Gambit, a short story/"Scenario" proposed by one Battletech pilot to another in a bar...

The scenario is that you're a mech pilot in a 50 ton mech.
You have a target within an armored structure, the door to which is wide open. Standing at the doorway is a King Crab, what you assume to be a KGB-000. You need to get past him to make your objective. You don't have to physically get past him, but you need the time to aim, which is impossible if he starts shooting at you since he'd rip you apart. What you do know is his lasers are fried and he has no missiles, otherwise you'd already be dead. Your own ammunition is short and your lasers are unreliable. You get one chance and only one chance. During your last dash to get to a safe position, the King Crab's autocannons suddenly stopped and his claws had closed. This could be your chance. There's just one problem. Did he empty his cassettes, or is he reloading?

When a KGB-000 empties its Deathgiver AC/20, the claw closes to protect the autocannon while the empty cassette is ejected and a new cassette (think magazine) is injected. This process takes 4-6 seconds depending on how empty the mech's ammo bin of spare cassettes might be. There's 12 shots in a cassette, 6 cassettes in a bin, and you don't know how many he has actually fired, you were too busy dashing for your life above your mech's rated top speed (a reference to the sprinting rule) and the jostling made it pretty hard to count. The claws snap open and pinch repeatedly. Is he really out? If so, then he's bluffing with his claws to stall for time. If he's out, you have the time you need to complete your objective and all that's left is to outrun him. If not, you'll be dead the instant you try to line up your shot. The only reason you aren't dead right this second is the building you're against is also a structure friendly to his side, such would be a bad loss. But his targeting system could easily pick you out if you try to hide in front of it. If he is empty, he could be reloading right this second while you stall and think.

The problem with this scenario, is when the pilot gives his answer he is told he is wrong. "How would you know it is wrong?"
"Because it wasn't a KGB Triple Oh, it was a KGB Quad-zero."

This is important because though the KGB-0000 has downgraded all of its weapons, the Imperator D 80mm AC/20, unlike the Deathgiver 120mm, might require 40 shots rather than 12 to deliver its payload of 20 damage, but it does not have cassettes or downtime in terms of reloading since it is belt(chain)-fed. Only if the weapon itself overheats does it need to stop firing, meaning it can fire indefinitely if the weapon is paced in bursts rather than full auto. What this boils down to... is if you call the Queen's bluff you are dead as you never had a chance to begin with. It's a Kobiyashi Maru

Why I bring this up, is an anime took that scenario, whether on their own or straight from the pilot's short story and then put it into their show.

Though it's the sniper that's in the defensive position and the Major breached it, the scenario is effectively the same even if the goal is to take each other out rather than an objective behind one while the other defends.

Edited by Koniving, 08 May 2017 - 07:33 AM.

#113 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:39 AM

The one problem with anime these days is the overuse of anime girls to sell a series or title, or the ridiculous character spreads.

When I was a kid, this sold anime:

Posted Image

If you'll notice, the poster has:

A space badass

Who is a pirate

And a cool as hell looking ship

With a pirate flag

There were no big breasted or pseudo-cute girls. What you saw is what you got and it was damn fun and interesting.

Here's another example:

Posted Image

In this poster we have:

A badass robot

A half-studly pilot

A nasty looking bad guy

No silly anime girls found. I actually have an aversion to this anime girl trend. I love old anime, and don't care for what it has devolved into.

Here's a last one--happens to be one of the greatest anime series of all time, and makes Akira and Ghost in the Toilet look as terrible as they really are... (ghost isn't /that/ bad, but it isn't nearly as great as ppl say it is, but Akira is just... terrible):

Posted Image

We have:

The protagonist

A badass robot

Cool looking technology

No silly anime girls. These girl spreads are harming the genre more than they are helping it. Emasculating anime as they have is frankly a bad thing.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 08 May 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#114 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 08 May 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

@Metus regum

I know. HG got the rights from a company that didn't have the right to make distribution agreements. However, HG did file a lawsuit against FASA based on this agreement. Hasbro also.

Kay, just wanted to make sure... as I would hate for false info to be put into someones head... Had that case been fought at the time and the information made available to FASA, I don't think HG would've had a leg to stand on. But hind if wishes were candy and nuts....

#115 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostCathy, on 08 May 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

This is I think the only thing I've seen that can convince me, it can be done well. I was not impressed by the mech animation, but the intensity, or how it was presented and the emotions shown in the faces of the people, made a big impact

This is awesome exept for "drawing my katana in front of direwhale" which is ridiculous even for mecha anime for kids
it looks good, it's closer to western animation, and i believe western animation fit better for this kind of animated GoT with giant robots. I'm surprised I've never seen this trailer. Croudfund this ASAP

View PostKoniving, on 08 May 2017 - 05:45 AM, said:

Nobody says that it's 100% hard sci fi. Also reactive armor and space magic.
The big giant TREMENDOUS pro of PGI's mech design is that in MWO mech design is more believeble. I'm not saying it is realistic, or somehow apliable to realistic battlefield, but it do look way more believeble, than old artworks or older PC games designs.
Like in MWO Timber actually look like war machine, that was designed this way for a reason, while in older games or artworks it looks silly, with those twig arms and so on.

#116 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostKoniving, on 08 May 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

If anyone remembers the Hangar Queen's Gambit, a short story/"Scenario" proposed by one Battletech pilot to another in a bar...

The scenario is that you're a mech pilot in a 50 ton mech.
You have a target within an armored structure, the door to which is wide open. Standing at the doorway is a King Crab, what you assume to be a KGB-000. You need to get past him to make your objective. You don't have to physically get past him, but you need the time to aim, which is impossible if he starts shooting at you since he'd rip you apart. What you do know is his lasers are fried and he has no missiles, otherwise you'd already be dead. Your own ammunition is short and your lasers are unreliable. You get one chance and only one chance. During your last dash to get to a safe position, the King Crab's autocannons suddenly stopped and his claws had closed. This could be your chance. There's just one problem. Did he empty his cassettes, or is he reloading?

When a KGB-000 empties its Deathgiver AC/20, the claw closes to protect the autocannon while the empty cassette is ejected and a new cassette (think magazine) is injected. This process takes 4-6 seconds depending on how empty the mech's ammo bin of spare cassettes might be. There's 12 shots in a cassette, 6 cassettes in a bin, and you don't know how many he has actually fired, you were too busy dashing for your life above your mech's rated top speed (a reference to the sprinting rule) and the jostling made it pretty hard to count. The claws snap open and pinch repeatedly. Is he really out? If so, then he's bluffing with his claws to stall for time. If he's out, you have the time you need to complete your objective and all that's left is to outrun him. If not, you'll be dead the instant you try to line up your shot. The only reason you aren't dead right this second is the building you're against is also a structure friendly to his side, such would be a bad loss. But his targeting system could easily pick you out if you try to hide in front of it. If he is empty, he could be reloading right this second while you stall and think.

The problem with this scenario, is when the pilot gives his answer he is told he is wrong. "How would you know it is wrong?"
"Because it wasn't a KGB Triple Oh, it was a KGB Quad-zero."

This is important because though the KGB-0000 has downgraded all of its weapons, the Imperator D 80mm AC/20, unlike the Deathgiver 120mm, might require 40 shots rather than 12 to deliver its payload of 20 damage, but it does not have cassettes or downtime in terms of reloading since it is belt(chain)-fed. Only if the weapon itself overheats does it need to stop firing, meaning it can fire indefinitely if the weapon is paced in bursts rather than full auto. What this boils down to... is if you call the Queen's bluff you are dead as you never had a chance to begin with. It's a Kobiyashi Maru

Why I bring this up, is an anime took that scenario, whether on their own or straight from the pilot's short story and then put it into their show.

Though it's the sniper that's in the defensive position and the Major breached it, the scenario is effectively the same even if the goal is to take each other out rather than an objective behind one while the other defends.

Well, i count the shots and know how much ammo is left? because movie magic xD

View PostKoniving, on 08 May 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

There's like 80% of the posts that are like "OH GOD NO NOT ANIME" or "DONT MAKE CARTOON"

Posted Image

Well popularitiy is still very much correlating to the stars in the series, so some real Actos would help the IP a lot, yet having no actors would keep the topic timless and free of Actors crap diva stuff.
Also with the current CGI we could make something cool not havign to be a cartoon but a cool animated BT series.

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 May 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The one problem with anime these days is the overuse of anime girls to sell a series or title, or the ridiculous character spreads.

Posted Image

A space badass

Who is a pirate

With a pirate flag

There were no big breasted or pseudo-cute girls. What you saw is what you got and it was damn fun and interesting.

Here's another example:

Posted Image

In this poster we have:

A badass robot

A half-studly pilot

A nasty looking bad guy

No silly anime girls found. I actually have an aversion to this anime girl trend. I love old anime, and don't care for what it has devolved into.

Here's a last one--happens to be one of the greatest anime series of all time, and makes Akira and Ghost in the Toilet look as terrible as they really are... (ghost isn't /that/ bad, but it isn't nearly as great as ppl say it is, but Akira is just... terrible):

Posted Image

We have:

The protagonist

A badass robot

Cool looking technology

No silly anime girls. These girl spreads are harming the genre more than they are helping it. Emasculating anime as they have is frankly a bad thing.

Theres no problem when there are girls/women, but please not that stupid kind of them beeing the sales center. Asuka was quite cool, but then this term fan service" strikes the mind and it is what turned stuff weird.

I think generally after they showed Cowboy beebop, And that strange boy who kinda had a toilet obsession and where evertyhing was focused on the women and him stumbling into emberassaing moments with them I just strayed away from anime as the trend started beeing really stupid. I'd better have a redo of the old Captain Future concept, because even if beeign somewhat less serious at times it was not too crazy.

Edited by Lily from animove, 08 May 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#117 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 08 May 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

Theres no problem when there are girls/women, but please not that stupid kind of them beeing the sales center. Asuka was quite cool, but then this term fan service" strikes the mind and it is what turned stuff weird.

I think generally after they showed Cowboy beebop, And that strange boy who kinda had a toilet obsession and where evertyhing was focused on the women and him stumbling into emberassaing moments with them I just strayed away from anime as the trend started beeing really stupid. I'd better have a redo of the old Captain Future concept, because even if beeign somewhat less serious at times it was not too crazy.

Even Ranma 1/2 kept it reasonable for the most part. Something bad happened to the scene post 2002/2004ish or somewhere around there.

#118 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 08 May 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

I contest this. Mechwarrior stuff is higher tech and more ridiculous than most UC Gundam. In UC Gundam they only just invented the mech sized PPC and don't have 2 million ton space ships or FTL...

Kind of irrelevant to the portrayal.

In Macross/Robotech, the Fortress crashes in 1999, and by 2009 they have first and second generation (if you count macross zero) already out there and yes, the Valkyries can do ballet.

Not because of how advanced they are, or what generation they are... but because that is how the writers wanted them.

Conversely the Destroids in the same series were nowhere near as agile. And overall, the entire concept of Battletech was based much more around these than any other type. Mechs in battletech were always described as pretty lumbering in the original materials, but got more and more Gundamesque thru the 90s (look, new improved battletech, now with SWORDS!!!!), until present. But even now, in the current literature, they are not described pulling off the maneuvers that Gundams do, or even the Mech from Dougram,

In battletech, Mechs jump only with jump jets (or in I believe the advanced rules, with experimental tech, mechanical jump boosters http://www.sarna.net...al_Jump_Booster , which tbh are kind of stupid in their implementation, as apparently by building your mech with "go-go gadget" shoes, you could theoretically equip a 100 mech to jump over 300m..... purely on hyradulics/myomer power. At least they removed the ability to do DFA if one use these, but seriously, .... equip a mech with these, triple strength myomers and a Mace, and you have a a 100 ton gundam that moves 10 hexes in a turn, for no additional heat, and hit with a 80pt, single location melee attack. (or if one wishes to avoid the to hit penalty with the mace, use a hatchet, for 40 dmg)

(admittedly, very cheezy and you make some serious sacrifices to get there, but that's the nature of cheeze, but I digress, mightily)

anyhow, back to the point, mechs without these things, maybe can hop a bit on "muscle power" alone, but no more than that. And the dexterity is relative. Yes, in a controlled environment, some skilled pilots have gotten a mech to do a hand stand. Not in combat, people don't do gymnastics with mechs in battle (for one thing the arms on Assault mechs would be prone to tearing off from the shear stresses), etc.

But this is not a "generational" or new thing, so much as the limitations hardwritten into each universes basic lore and internal physics.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 May 2017 - 08:16 AM.

#119 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

View PostKoniving, on 08 May 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

yeah...survivability in these things was pretty....low. But god did it make a great War Story. And that Omaha Beach scene is pretty fabulous. Always loved Votoms and the Heavy Gear game it inspired.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 May 2017 - 02:30 PM.

#120 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 May 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

A space badass

Who is a pirate

With a pirate flag

Here's another example:

In this poster we have:

A badass robot

A half-studly pilot

A nasty looking bad guy

We have:

The protagonist

A badass robot

Cool looking technology

You kind of had me til the "Envangelion great, GitS/Akira crap" Anime hipster rant.

Mazinger Z gets pass because of it's era, was well before the "realism" animes like Dougram or Votoms came around. It, Chogokin, Getter Robo, and later the whole "Voltron" stuff, are also largely a different genre.

But evangelion (which also more accurately fits into the Giant Robot Mecha class)? You call Akira overrated? Convoluted and metaphysical aspirations aren't the same as great storytelling. And Evangelion is pretty infamous for not being the most coherent of stories on the best day. As for the Mecha... ? I blame Evangelion and anime?manga like it for ushering in the odd, anorexic mecha aesthetic that has plagued Macross Frontier, 7, Delta, etc..... and too many other modern anime.

If it wasn't for the decent QA on the overall animation compared to many, and the decent amount of character building in spite of the terrible nonsensical "plot" that gives it legs.

Well, and the fact that if anime kids these days can sit through Dragonball (and somehow consider it high art.... ) they'll sit through ANYTHING.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users