Balance

154 replies to this topic

#141 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:02 AM

View PostVonbach, on 09 May 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

Most IS pilots already have they either left when they made everything Clan vs IS or they went clan merc for easymode.
Why do you think the factions are so unbalanced?

So untrue. I can't stand it when people talk with conviction about things they know nothing about.

#142 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:53 AM

The OP needs a more creative boycott. Boycott...mechs and drive a taco truck into battle! Anything is possible with your imagination!

#143 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:15 AM

View PostAppogee, on 08 May 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Last night I saw an IS team LRMing the gates trying to destroy them.

Yet, in a different match, I saw a largely PUG IS team deploy three waves with 50% Atlases in each, and Clan didn't have anywhere near enough tonnage to hold them back and deny them the win.

So, from my perspective, the biggest balance issue is the number of clueless players on the PUG side.

This is a bit of a false perspective because it's much harder to have a clueless build as a clan pilot than as a spherical pilot. Most clan mechs come with all the goodies (XL/DHS/ferro) pre-installed adn the choice of weapons is generally superior too (no minimum ranges for clans), so even the supposedly 'awful' clan mechs still have an advantage over the stock IS ones.

Now you might say that IS mechs are cheaper to buy - but that only applies if you buy mechs with C-bills. There are plenty of pilots who buy them with $ and then have to earn c-bills to upgrade them.

Heavy engines, single heat sinks, and really heavy weapons with tricky disadvantages all combine to make for many more 'bad builds' on the IS side, even if you assume all players are equally well informed, skilled, and have lots of time to play.

#144 Milax

• Pip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLongmont, CO

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

Clanners cannot even use our one 55 ton mech in scouting along with the nerfed drop deck. We have limited choices in our selection of mechs compared to IS. Talk about balance...clans have to make up the difference in teamwork and skill. We train and work hard to be what we are in a clan. Helps us achieve our goals and claim the victories.

#145 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostDogstar, on 10 May 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

This is a bit of a false perspective because it's much harder to have a clueless build as a clan pilot than as a spherical pilot. Most clan mechs come with all the goodies (XL/DHS/ferro) pre-installed adn the choice of weapons is generally superior too (no minimum ranges for clans), so even the supposedly 'awful' clan mechs still have an advantage over the stock IS ones.

Now you might say that IS mechs are cheaper to buy - but that only applies if you buy mechs with C-bills. There are plenty of pilots who buy them with $ and then have to earn c-bills to upgrade them.

Heavy engines, single heat sinks, and really heavy weapons with tricky disadvantages all combine to make for many more 'bad builds' on the IS side, even if you assume all players are equally well informed, skilled, and have lots of time to play.

It's just as easy to slap LRMs onto a spirit bear as it is a centurion. A potato in a stock vulture prime is going to be just as bad as [insert stock IS mech here].

#146 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostMilax, on 10 May 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Clanners cannot even use our one 55 ton mech in scouting along with the nerfed drop deck. We have limited choices in our selection of mechs compared to IS. Talk about balance...clans have to make up the difference in teamwork and skill. We train and work hard to be what we are in a clan. Helps us achieve our goals and claim the victories.

Posted Image

#147 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

Nice idea, wont work because poor people.

#148 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostMilax, on 10 May 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

You have a NOVA.

You don't need anything else if you can aim.

#149 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 10 May 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

You have a NOVA.

Or just go SkillMan
I've gone SRM36+A, personally

#150 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 10 May 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

You have a NOVA.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is this the part where I laugh at anyone who thinks the skillcrow's removal was anything more than a peace offering to the endless complaining of pugs?

I think this is the part whereI laugh at anyone who thinks the skillcrow's removal was anything more than a peace offering to the endless complaining of pugs.

THE CROW IS STILL ONE OF THE WEAKEST CLAN MEDIUMS.

IT CHANGED NOTHING.

Edited by Wingbreaker, 10 May 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#151 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

I agree that the skillcrow was overrated....but don't dis the chassis for being the "worst" clan medium. Stormcrows with banked SPLs flat murder things. In fact, I go so far to say it is still a contender for the best overall clan chassis (weight to kill ratio). I personally would take a Stormcrow over any other medium mech in the clan line up (barring some special need for jump jets or the need to go faster).

The removal of 55 clan tonners from scouting indeed changed the balance of scouting matches. Not sure how you can deny that...Of course my evidence is merely personal observations you would need to ask PGI for the true impact it has had.

#152 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

The entitlement is strong in this one.

#153 Alexander Grimtotem

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

*licks window

Edited by Alexander Grimtotem, 10 May 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#154 Alexander Grimtotem

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

cant imagine what the pugs will cry about when the blood adder comes

#155 Ibrandul Mike

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts