• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:06 PM

View PostLORD ORION, on 23 May 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

HHoD suicide overrun is still not working every game... please give IS more armor/strucutre and tonnage.

Posted Image

Guessing the loose Wolf translation there is: "My unit doesn't make many full 12 mans anymore, so IS loyalist teams that still do seem to roll over the pug/mixed clan groups i join now, and it aggravates me so much when they wont let us pick them apart with our longer range clanner easy-mode weapons from a distance, quick play style, like they're supposed to.... that i start being ironically sarcastic and misspell things.. "

my question is....was he the baked potato or one of the skittles ?? And can i get some sour cream with that potato ??

#162 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

When the heck are we going to get the unit stats and winrates? That's what everyone is waiting for.

#163 Contrex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

Seems like PGI forgot to finish the statistics, or just dont care.

#164 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:46 PM

^ Still waiting for this moar, in "more to come". Posted Image

#165 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:27 AM

Yet another request for merc/loyalist ratio numbers by pilot/unit for all factions please :)

#166 godmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland/Sweden

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

I want to see the unit win rates too. PGI pls give

#167 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:27 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 22 May 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

if it was that unfrofitable why bother?

It wasn't - probably a translation thing.

I ended up 60 million approx c-bill over what a 9 day period of casual playing. I was more than happy.

#168 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

also all the gxp which allowed me to finish off my last few unmastered mechs before the skill tree patch

#169 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

If it truly WAS the technology that was the sole determining factor of victory or defeat, then one side would win each and every time.

That is not the case.

So many factors go into determining a win or a loss, among them:
-mech choice
-loadout choice
-player skill
-team cohesion
-leadership
-communications
-mission
-enemy
-terrain/map
-time
-tactics (yes, I just threw METT-T in there)
-coordination
-objective

The major teams like 228th, KCOM, MS, NS, MJ12, 21JM, 420M, DC, [name your team] are able to win with both Clan and IS mechs...why?

...damnit, you know why! You know how you know why? Because we've been trying to drill this crap into your head for the last 3 years!

It's not the mechs, or the guns, or the OPness of anything...it's you!

It's the pilots in the cockpits that are the ultimate determinate of success or failure! If you want to prevent failure, then up your game, change your play style, change your dropdeck, join a team, use VOIP, etc etc-for god's sake-etc...

Edited by Commander A9, 24 May 2017 - 08:18 AM.

#170 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

Commander A9...

The fact is they are getting thrown in the same queue as the groups and that in itself is not really fair and also obfuscates the fact that the tech isn't the problem.

Break it up into 4 buckets like I'm saying so its groups vs groups and solos vs solos... THEN you can match (perhaps handicap?) based on the groups or individuals' collective <insert the word that means FP tier but shouldn't be QP tier>...

*THEN* events like this would be a little bit more even keeled per-game:

1) no more Teams vs Pugs
2) matchmaking at least *tries* to pair opponents on "FP tier" so no unit can saturate the solo queue to de facto group-up and club seals.

#171 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:59 AM

I remember during the Faction Play round table, the player representatives came up with an idea of allowing larger groups to opt to only fight larger groups(or something like that) and I think that some variation on that could work.

What if instead necessarily dividing it by Solo/Group, you made it so that the "PUG Queue" consists of groups of 2 or less(restricting groups from the same unit to be in the same drop unless the wait to find a lobby goes into an extended period). And the "Group Queue" would consist of various combinations of 3-12(i.e. 3+4+5; 3+3+6, 3+9, 3+3+3+3). The only drawback I can see in this is that it would require a limitation on groups to not run 10 or 11 man teams for FP, it would either be up to 9, or a full 12.

#172 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:14 AM

View Postmycroft000, on 24 May 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

I remember during the Faction Play round table, the player representatives came up with an idea of allowing larger groups to opt to only fight larger groups(or something like that) and I think that some variation on that could work.

What if instead necessarily dividing it by Solo/Group, you made it so that the "PUG Queue" consists of groups of 2 or less(restricting groups from the same unit to be in the same drop unless the wait to find a lobby goes into an extended period). And the "Group Queue" would consist of various combinations of 3-12(i.e. 3+4+5; 3+3+6, 3+9, 3+3+3+3). The only drawback I can see in this is that it would require a limitation on groups to not run 10 or 11 man teams for FP, it would either be up to 9, or a full 12.

I could get behind that... so long as the 2-mans can't easily game the system (i.e. unit forms 6x2-mans and sync drop)

Edited by MovinTarget, 24 May 2017 - 09:16 AM.

#173 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:32 AM

Hence my thought behind restricting it so only two members from the same unit can be in the same match unless the wait to form a lobby stretches into 20-30 minutes.

I know my queuing idea could mean 12 people from various units teaming up into groups of two to sync drop, but I'm not sure how to get around that. But honestly if gaming the system is that important to you and winning by that method of grouping up is so important, then that just boils down to poor sportsmanship and there's not much of a way to police that.

#174 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

This is where having some sort of tiering in FP would help.

I know a lot of people bemoaned the current tier system in QP, but I have to say, up until the chaos of the skill tree hit, the number of "bad" games was down in my experience.

I classify a bad game as ending with a 12-0 to a 12-3 stomp where the outcome was all but assured early in the game. It happened, but pre-tier?

It was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse.

#175 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

I think in order to introduce a tier system into FP, there needs to be a large enough population. If they were to increase the rewards for doing FP to the point where one 30 minute loss(plus time factored into waiting for a match) was worth more than the number of quick plays you could get in the same period, then we might see enough people in FP regularly to the point where tiers can be implemented.

#176 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:46 AM

I think more players would play if they knew they had a sporting chance and/or would be face players of comparable capacity. This means the those that don't want to be clubbed seals might give it a shot if they were facing others that were are in the same boat.

I know for a fact many a good team actually bemoans getting pugs on the other side. It is simply not fun and they are looking to end it quickly in the hopes of finding a more comparable challenge.

There may be slow periods, sure, but during prime times should be enough out there... and for FP events it feels like its necessary to break it up as there are loads of players.

#177 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

That's exactly why I don't want skirmish. It's also why we don't push drop zones in my unit. We also always honor any 1v1 requests. And generally try to announce that at the beginning of the match.

#178 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

View Postmycroft000, on 24 May 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

That's exactly why I don't want skirmish. It's also why we don't push drop zones in my unit. We also always honor any 1v1 requests. And generally try to announce that at the beginning of the match.

Its cool you do that, unfortunately, its not universally enforceable... bottom line is that you can only facilitate play but so much, the rest is up to the actual players...

#179 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, I'm just hoping that we in Rebel Yell, can influence the sportsmanship of some of the less fun focused units out there. I don't mind coming up against KCom or others, but that's because I know what we should expect, and when we improvise around those expectations, we can actually do enough to not have the match be a complete steamroll against us. But when I first started and would end up in a PUG group against them, I would triple eject and get out of bounds or find a place to hide and make them wait 20 minutes more if I could. I'm not proud of having done that, but it was the only protest I could think of doing.

#180 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:08 AM

Heh, we've all been there. Sometimes I just soldier on, muttering to myself, "You go to war with the army you've got..." over and over again...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users