Battle Of Tukayyid 3 Battle Statistics

199 replies to this topic

#141 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:41 AM

clans won again, what a surprise... glad i didnt waste my time for that.

#142 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:10 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 22 May 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

clans won again, what a surprise... glad i didnt waste my time for that.

You lost out on a lot of c-bills and MC whichever side you were on.

#143 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

View PostAramuside, on 22 May 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

You lost out on a lot of c-bills and MC whichever side you were on.

if it was that unfrofitable why bother?

#144 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:31 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 22 May 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

if it was that unfrofitable why bother?

LOL no one said it was unprofitable. Nor did we lose b/c our 12-mans couldn't beat their 12 mans... simply put, our pugs, casuals, and solos were more numerous and easier pickings.

If you didn't group up and gear up, yeah it wouldn't be profitable, but if you did... ya made bank!

Edited by MovinTarget, 22 May 2017 - 06:32 AM.

#145 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:48 AM

And that's what I've been saying for years. If you pug in CW, you're meat, and more often than naught, you're dead meat.

I've been beating my head against a wall as I watch people laugh at me about dropping together as a group. Literally, some dude laughed at me on Teamspeak about the idea of dropping as a member of a team. This same dude has now finally seen the light and is applying to be a member of a team.

These same uninformed pilots who have not yet learned the truth of how Community Warfare really works will be the same people who will drop as 12 solos, run into an organized team, get their brains blown out, then ***** about how one side is overpowered or the opposition is a bunch of "no-lifer tryhards" and subsequently dismiss them, their tactics, their mechs, and their play style.

Guess what? Those no-lifer tryhards kicked your ***! Why? Because they play together as a cohesive 12-man element with the right gear, the right mechs, the right loadout, and the right tactics!

Every time I see videos of a pug team dropping in CW, I cringe, especially because they typically lose.

So, also, if I'm assessing the stats right, that would mean that Inner Sphere had more pilots on their side up until the very end of the event (Clans outnumbered IS by a sum grand total of one single pilot). They also had more units, too, but units could also be one-man groups. So we can't say "Clans had more pilots and that's why they won." We can't even say "Clans had more units this time" either. Once again, Clans were outnumbered.

And we also can't say "Clan mechs OP" because Clan tech has been getting the nerf-bat since day one of their launch.

What won Tukayyid? The teams...the teams who were able to work together and turn Tukayyid 3 into Clan Slaughterhouse 3.0.

Edited by Commander A9, 22 May 2017 - 07:55 AM.

#146 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

Part of the problem is the psychology of it. It's almost Pavlovian...

If you dropped as a solo and got picked up by a 10 man of some unit and carried through a FP match or two and won, you suddenly think "I can totally do this solo!" You brain can almost latch on to that idea that some 9-11 man group is always out there, just waiting for you to queue.

And you hold on to that idea, match after match where you are 12 pugs asking each other who's gonna take the lead. Match after match of seal clubbings, hoping... *knowing* your 11-man is out there... if you could just sync up!

Then, after so many beat downs, you come here to the forums and lament the broken-ess of the game mode.

This game, and this mode especially, is not won by the passive (unless the other team is even more passive) most of the time.

This is why they need to revisit the solo buckets. Now that that it isn't split up by factions, I think having 4 buckets total is absolutely reasonable, at the very least to be tried. Each side has a solo bucket and a group bucket... kinda like QP

You can have some MM elements when there are lots of solos. You can have spill-over if there aren't enough groups, because sometimes teams would rather drop a 10 man with 2 pugs than wait for a 2-man to queue.

The idea (emphasis on that word since this is all theory) is to match you with comparable talent so that the games are less clubbings and more equal in chance to win.

Will it keep Joe Suicide from rushing into the gate alone? Or QuickPlay Johnny from shooting the ogen walls instead of the O-Gen?

No.

However, the playing field may be leveled enough that they don't get insta killed while learning. BTW, we still need a FP section in the academy! Make it mandatory before someone can drop in SIEGE mode so that they know how to open gates and pop generators/Omega. It doesn't have to be crazy hard, but it would be very helpful.

Also, those that drop solo and complain will not be able to point fingers at anyone but themselves, No group has to carry them, if they want to get out of that insanity, they need to form groups.

Edited by MovinTarget, 22 May 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#147 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

@Commander A9 (quoting somehow not working)

you still cant deny that c-XL and lighter weaponry is a massive advantage for you and timby and friends still run cyrcles around most their IS aquivalent in tonnage, sometimes ever higher tonnages..

Edited by Genesis23, 22 May 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#148 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 22 May 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

you still cant deny that c-XL and lighter weaponry is a massive advantage for you and timby and friends still run cyrcles around most their IS aquivalent in tonnage, sometimes ever higher tonnages..

Genesis, with all due respect, plz stop with trying to make it a tech imbalance. I am not uber-elite or anything but I have my share of FP drops on both sides and I can tell you that an IS 12 man that is prepped and communicating absolutely has a chance against a clan 12 man.

The problem is that solos were getting dropped against teams (AND THIS GOES BOTH WAYS) and get rolled.

granted I'm talking about Tukayyid and prior as the Skill tree may very well have thrown some things askew, which I assume will be addressed as if it becomes clear. Since this thread is about Tuk 3, I'm limiting my comments to that.

Don't use tech as a crutch b/c it is simply not the case when you are in a 12 man that brings the right mechs for a sound strat and executes.

Until they split queues for solos and groups like they do QP, one has to accept that solo dropping is not advisable if you are trying to win.

#149 Contrex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

I hope the interesting statistics will follow. ... Seems like PGI forgot to give us the rest

#150 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:13 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 22 May 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Genesis, with all due respect, plz stop with trying to make it a tech imbalance.

never said it was tech imbalance alone, but the number of IS pilots who changed to clan equipment for the event says pretty much everything there is to say. its an advantage you cant simply ignore, because other players certainly did not and changed to clan for a reason.

#151 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

As PGI hasn't published further event data up till now, here are some statistics based on already published material. If you find some inconsistencies please give feedback.

Based on the winning conditions of this event (invasion vs scouting) the situation for the top Units seems to be quite balanced, as you can find Loyalists, Merc, IS, Clan, big and small Units (no. of members) among the top performers.

Team play Rulez!

Sources: Basic Faction data:
Posted Image

Top5Unit specific data:
Posted Image

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 23 May 2017 - 05:34 AM.

#152 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:19 AM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 23 May 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

Sources:

Here you go:
http://mwomercs.com/...nts?t=201705tuk

#153 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:34 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 23 May 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

never said it was tech imbalance alone,

View PostGenesis23, on 22 May 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

In this post, thats all you mention which is the reason I responded as a I did. ;)

#154 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:39 AM

It is totally accurate when you balance stats based mostly on the results of Top Team vs Baked Potatoes topped with skittles.

#155 Pokey McFlankerson

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:40 AM

View PostLORD ORION, on 23 May 2017 - 05:39 AM, said:

It is totally accurate when you balance stats based mostly on the results of Top Team vs Baked Potatoes topped with skittles.

What are you trying to say?

#156 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:44 AM

View PostPokey McFlankerson, on 23 May 2017 - 05:40 AM, said:

HHoD suicide overrun is still not working every game... please give IS more armor/strucutre and tonnage.

Edited by LORD ORION, 23 May 2017 - 05:44 AM.

#157 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:44 AM

View PostLORD ORION, on 23 May 2017 - 05:39 AM, said:

View PostPokey McFlankerson, on 23 May 2017 - 05:40 AM, said:

Have I mentioned my desire for them to break out the FP queues into 4 buckets (to mirror QP) today?

#158 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostMedicine Man, on 18 May 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

Nice stats clanners. How does it feel to be OP cheater pieces of crap? Luckily pgi made a special class of mechs for you inept cowards.

Tech loses to coordination every time. Every time. Play with a good group of well coordinated friends, and you'll wreck clans unless you're going against a team who's better coordinated. Period.

#159 November Juliet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 23 May 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

As PGI hasn't published further event data up till now, here are some statistics based on already published material. If you find some inconsistencies please give feedback.

Based on the winning conditions of this event (invasion vs scouting) the situation for the top Units seems to be quite balanced, as you can find Loyalists, Merc, IS, Clan, big and small Units (no. of members) among the top performers.

Team play Rulez!

Sources: Basic Faction data:
Posted Image

Top5Unit specific data:
Posted Image

That's a bit off. For instance we had 642 points running strictly invasion mode

#160 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany