199 replies to this topic

#81 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:39 AM

I think the stat for 'mechs destroyed' may be a mis-categorization. I think it may really be 'number of pilots mech-less at the end of a match'. So if a scouting team grabs enough intel points and leaves without engaging the enemy there aren't any mechless pilots, as is the case of a siege game ending with the defense system destroyed before anyone loses their last mech.

As for average number of matches I can believe it; I didn't play that much but still played 26 matches (did all the 400 match score per day rewards and only tried for the 4400 match score reward because I was busy with work).

#82 ball0fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQLD australia

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:55 AM

View PostJondoeiowa, on 18 May 2017 - 03:22 AM, said:

Take one thing into account there BallOfire how many players did less than say 5 drops in a day. I want to see the statistic of how many of those players played X amount of games. Played, got stomped, didn't come back..... etc.

well ppl that have been around for a while like me didnt even bother looking at the faction map cos we already knew how the event was going to play out.

#83 Zandel Corrin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:04 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 18 May 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

how are total number of matches calculated? I am asking because the numbers do not match up,
with the number of matches in each mode multiplied by 96 for all invasion mode matches and 8 by all scouting mode matches, then taking the number of Mechs destroyed that sugests only 3% of Mechs partisipating were destroyed.
also with number of matches divided by number of players that sugests the average number of matches played is 34, that seems way too high.

am I correct in thinking that the "number of matches" is in infact number of matches multiplied by number of partisipants, and the number of unique matches is about 45,076 (I got that number by dividing invasion mode matches by 24 and deviding scouting mode matches by 8)?
that would make the average number of games per player 3, and 66% of Mechs destroyed per match on average, those look like much more realistic figures to me, as most people would have likely only played 1-2 games, I think I did 2 invasion and 3 scouting during the event, but the determined players may have played 30+.

If you only played 3 games during the event you would not get the rewards at all, to get all of those nice rewards most people would have to play 20+ games (2 per day at least) to get that 400 match score and all the other goodies. Average of 34 matches played is likely not that far off, I know I played 40 something over the course of the event.

#84 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:31 AM

View PostZandel Corrin, on 18 May 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

If you only played 3 games during the event you would not get the rewards at all, to get all of those nice rewards most people would have to play 20+ games (2 per day at least) to get that 400 match score and all the other goodies. Average of 34 matches played is likely not that far off, I know I played 40 something over the course of the event.

I did 5 matches not 3, but that does not matter
Does just 3 Mechs destroyed in an invasion mode match sound correct? because that would be a higher percentage of Mechs destroyed than the maths show.
literaly they are saying more than 600,000 matches played but only a little over 1,100,000 Mechs destroyed, or less than 2 Mechs destroyed per match on average

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 18 May 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#85 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 18 May 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

how are total number of matches calculated?

Matches = Player-matches.

One player participating in one game = One 'match'.

The actual number of games played is probably around 5% of this, which would be 30,000 or so.

Edited by Koshirou, 18 May 2017 - 06:55 AM.

#86 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 18 May 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

I did 5 matches not 3, but that does not matter
Does just 3 Mechs destroyed in an invasion mode match sound correct? because that would be a higher percentage of Mechs destroyed than the maths show.
literaly they are saying more than 600,000 matches played but only a little over 1,100,000 Mechs destroyed, or less than 2 Mechs destroyed per match on average

If that was invasion matches only then yeah that'd be low, but for scouting? The question becomes, how many scouting drops were there?

Add in the probability of there being a lot of gen/objective rushing or scouting matches where the gatherers drop in a bunch of ultra fast evaders...

There is more to the story I think...

#87 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 17 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Out of the 6.4 million friendly damage afflicted, at least a million of it was [IDI] on [IDI] action!

In all honesty, I MAY have helped that score a tad:

Taco stop! Don't go up that ramp"

'Whats up? Why not?'

DevlinCognito Destroyed Tacorodwarrior

" If you'd gone up there you would have been out of my range"

'..God damn you Devlin.. '

I got at least 3 of you buggers with that one.

#88 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:23 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 18 May 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

Matches = Player-matches.

One player participating in one game = One 'match'.

The actual number of games played is probably around 5% of this, which would be 30,000 or so.

more like 47k with deviding the number or matches of each type by number of Mechs for that mode there were about 33k scouting matches and 13k from the modes making up invasion.

View PostMovinTarget, on 18 May 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

If that was invasion matches only then yeah that'd be low, but for scouting? The question becomes, how many scouting drops were there?

Add in the probability of there being a lot of gen/objective rushing or scouting matches where the gatherers drop in a bunch of ultra fast evaders...

There is more to the story I think...

about 33k scouting, and about 69% of Mechs destroyed in each match if my calculations are correct.

PGI,
Can we please have figures for number of Mechs destroyed per match or can we get confirmation that what you listed as matches is number of games played multiplied by number of players in the game. rather than number of matches (as in number of times 8 or 24 players started a game) which is what it looks like based on the figures.

#89 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 17 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Out of the 6.4 million friendly damage afflicted, at least a million of it was [IDI] on [IDI] action!

Think it only fair that PGI issues a special reward to each Clan and IS Unit with the highest team damage or penalty time incurred. Seem to remember one match where two or three of our IDI first drop mechs didn't even get to see the enemy gates due to losing legs etc. from *cough* friendly fire!

#90 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

What proportion of Siege matches was I disconnected from at the game lobby, and then have to close the client, log back in and reconnect to the match...?

Oh wait, I already know the answer: 100%

Posted Image

(But hey, I still had fun in the event. And I had no such disconnection issues when Scouting.)

#91 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHampton, VA

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

The number of disconnected pilots that never connected during the match.
The number of pilots connected, that disconnected with available mechs.
The number of scout points captured by IS/Clan.

#92 speedy mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

Stats for:
Mech variants used and how many
Average damage per variant

I know from my side as clan I saw way to many poorly optimized mechs for FP on the IS side

#93 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

View Postspeedy mechanic, on 18 May 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

I know from my side as clan I saw way to many poorly optimized mechs for FP on the IS side

Unfortunately this doesn't tell you much since so many people ONLY play FP for the events and either don't know, don't care, or too space poor to bring optimized builds.

#94 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

View PostSilentScreamer, on 17 May 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

[/size]

I would love to know numbers of loyalist vs mercs for each faction....[/size]
</p>

Seconded.

#95 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

View Postspeedy mechanic, on 18 May 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Stats for:
Mech variants used and how many
Average damage per variant

I don't think averages will reveal much. The outliers you're curious about wouldn't show up too well in averages.

A few scouting matches in a row I got stuck with the same 3-man group that included some really bad players in potato builds and LRM boats. Yes, in Scouting. Doing smart things like going into tunnels and places where LRMs aren't going to work. The best part was them telling me to stop giving advice over comms... like don't go in the damn tunnels if you only have LRMs. They didn't want to hear it. OK have fun playing with the SRM Huntsmen and small laser Novas.

Anyway, rewards this big will often get inexperienced players into matches, for better or worse. I hate seeing such a skill gap in FW matches, especially if they end up against a big, organized group. Games that end up being like 48-10 aren't a lot of fun for anyone involved. I don't see how you avoid it though, you can't force people to drop in appropriate mechs or guarantee that casual players will never face a 12-man.

#96 Ishishi

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:00 AM

Total Friendly Fire Done: 6401832
Total Damage Done: 403325186

Well, that says we have a total of 1,6% Friendly Fire.

Total Mechs destroyed: 1117721

1,6% of this would mean around 17888 Mechs destroyed by Friendly Fire...

Please show Friendly Fire Done at the end of all matches, just to help us hiding our backs.

#97 Maruku Meshima

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

@ Tina Benoit:

How about a Stats for:
How many loyal faction units and how many loyal mercs per faction? (for example Clan Wolf : 415 Units 215 Loyal Clan units, 200 loyal merc units)

Stats of the faction list: only loyal units 1st to 5th place without mercs. and loyal Mercs 1st to 5th place without loyal units.

#98 Zzan

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPlant City, FL

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

View PostJondoeiowa, on 18 May 2017 - 03:22 AM, said:

Take one thing into account there BallOfire how many players did less than say 5 drops in a day. I want to see the statistic of how many of those players played X amount of games. Played, got stomped, didn't come back..... etc.

Of course it could just be the people that only wanted the rewards and they played to get their 400 match score per day. Not necessarily were turned off to never come back.

Maybe they don't/didn't like Faction Warfare. Maybe they were tired of the elitist morons that called them names, and/or mocked their loadouts instead of offering constructive advice. You know the same ones that wouldn't work with the rest of the group because they didn't agree with the plan and just made the situation worse. Instead of putting up with that crap drop after drop they just decided to do QP instead.

Everything isn't doom and gloom. Just because you don't agree with the changes in the game and the way things worked out doesn't mean that everyone is leaving the game because of it.

The rewards were outstanding and with the exception of the scouting section needing wins, you didn't need to win to get the rewards.

#99 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

Hopefully they will see that the FP "buckets" may need to be tweaked some.

My initial thought is to go from 2 to 4 (each side has a solo and a group queue) to mirror QP such that some match making can be employed. Granted that means that it must be effective match making... However, I will say that I feel like the one sided matches in QP are not as common as they were pre-tier/MM but I have no empirical data to prove this.

But that's my vote, not 20+ buckets, just bump it up to 4 and skill balance the teams a bit. It's tough with there being times when there's not many FP players on, but perhaps the prospect of facing more equal teams might attract more players...

#100 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 17 May 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Feel free to make more statistic requests! We'll gradually update and add to this post with your requests that we are able to show/track.

Alright then, here goes nothing:

'Mechs

Total 'Mechs Fielded ('Mechs that actually hit the turf, as opposed to sitting in the dropship at end of match)
IS 'Mechs Fielded
Clan 'Mechs Fielded

Total 'Mechs Inert (Did not move or act during match for whatever reason)
IS 'Mechs Inert
Clan 'Mechs Inert

Total Inert Forces (No 'mech on that side of the match achieved goals or dealt damage)
IS Inert Forces
Clan Inert Forces

Total Omnimechs
Clan Non-Omni 'Mechs

Deaths

Total Deaths by Headshot
IS Deaths by Headshot
Clan Deaths by Headshot

Total Deaths by Overheat
IS Deaths by Overheat
Clan Deaths by Overheat

Total Deaths by MASC
IS Deaths by MASC
Clan Deaths by MASC

Total Deaths by Falling Damage
IS Deaths by Falling Damage
Clan Deaths by Falling Damage

Total Deaths by 'Mech/'Mech Collision
IS Deaths by 'Mech/'Mech Collision
Clan Deaths by 'Mech/'Mech Collision

Total Deaths by Ammo Explosion
Total Ammo Explosions Survived (did not kill the 'mech, even if the 'mech died later)
Total Ammo Explosion Damage
IS Deaths by Ammo Explosion
IS Ammo Explosions Survived
IS Ammo Explosion Damage
Clan Deaths by Ammo Explosion
Clan Ammo Explosions Survived
Clan Ammo Explosion Damage

Total Deaths by Turret
IS Deaths by Turret
Clan Deaths by Turret

Total Deaths by Dropship
IS Deaths by Dropship
Clan Deaths by Dropship

Total Pilot Ejections
IS Pilot Ejections
Clan Pilot Ejections

Total Deaths by Map Out
IS Deaths by Map Out
Clan Deaths by Map Out

Total Scouting Teams Killed (all four 'mechs destroyed)
Total Defending Teams Killed (all four Defending 'mechs on a Scouting mission destroyed)
IS Scouting Teams Killed
IS Defending Teams Killed
Clan Scouting Teams Killed
Clan Defending Teams Killed

Victories

Total Territory (non-Scouting) Matches Won Overwhelmingly (losing side lost all 'mechs)
Total Territory (non-Scouting) Matches Won Overwhelmingly (losing side lost all 'mechs) by Attackers
Total Territory (non-Scouting) Matches Won Overwhelmingly (losing side lost all 'mechs) by Defenders
IS Territory (non-Scouting) Matches Won Overwhelmingly (losing side lost all 'mechs)
IS Territory (non-Scouting) Matches Won Overwhelmingly (losing side lost all 'mechs) by Attackers
IS Territory (non-Scouting) Matches Won Overwhelmingly (losing side lost all 'mechs) by Defenders
Clan Territory (non-Scouting) Matches Won Overwhelmingly (losing side lost all 'mechs)
Clan Territory (non-Scouting) Matches Won Overwhelmingly (losing side lost all 'mechs) by Attackers
Clan Territory (non-Scouting) Matches Won Overwhelmingly (losing side lost all 'mechs) by Defenders

Total Scouting Matches Won by Escape (Scouts evacuated with data, Defenders had at least one 'mech remaining)
IS Scouting Matches Won by Escape
Clan Scouting Matches Won by Escape

Objectives

Total Info Points Gathered
Scouting Info Points Gathered
Defending Info Points Gathered
IS Info Points Gathered
IS Scouting Info Points Gathered
IS Defending Info Points Gathered
Clan Info Points Gathered
Clan Scouting Info Points Gathered
Clan Defending Info Points Gathered

Total Info Points Left Ungathered

Total Invasion Matches Won with 'Mechs Remaining on the Losing Side
IS Invasion Matches Won with 'Mechs Remaining on the Losing Side
Clan Invasion Matches Won with 'Mechs Remaining on the Losing Side

Total Gates Opened (Invasion)
Total Gates Left Closed
IS Gates Opened
IS Gates Left Closed
Clan Gates Opened
Clan Gates Left Closed

Total Matches Won by Time Expired
IS Matches Won by Time Expired
Clan Matches Won by Time Expired

Interesting Statistics

Total Components Destroyed (including fatal destructions, such as last remaining leg, head, or engine destruction via side torso)
IS Components Destroyed
Clan Components Destroyed

Total Damage to Non-Destroyed Components
IS Damage to Non-Destroyed Components
Clan Damage to Non-Destroyed Components

10 Least Used IS 'Mech Chassis (across all variants, with quantity), Territory Matches
10 Least Used IS 'Mech Variants (with quantity) Territory Matches
10 Least Used IS 'Mech Chassis (across all variants, with quantity), Scouting Matches (only selectable options)
10 Least Used IS 'Mech Variants (with quantity), Scouting Matches (only selectable options)
10 Least Used Clan 'Mech Chassis (across all variants, with quantity), Territory Matches
10 Least Used Clan 'Mech Variants (with quantity), Territory Matches
10 Least Used Clan 'Mech Chassis (across all variants, with quantity), Scouting Matches (only selectable options)
10 Least Used Clan 'Mech Variants (with quantity), Scouting Matches (only selectable options)

10 Most Used Omnipods, Territory Matches
10 Most Used Omnipods, Scouting Matches

Total Light 'Mechs in Scouting Missions
Total Medium 'Mechs in Scouting Missions
IS Light 'Mechs in Scouting Missions
Clan Light 'Mechs in Scouting Missions
IS Medium 'Mechs in Scouting Missions
Clan Medium 'Mechs in Scouting Missions

Total Average ECM Count Per 12 'Mechs
IS Average ECM Count Per 12 'Mechs
Clan Average ECM Count Per 12 'Mechs

Total Average AMS Count Per 12 'Mechs
IS Average AMS Count Per 12 'Mechs
Clan Average AMS Count Per 12 'Mechs

Total Gauss Rifles Detonated
IS Gauss Rifles Detonated
Clan Gauss Rifles Detonated

Nonsense Data

Total Heat Sinks Fielded
IS Single Heat Sinks Fielded
IS Double Heat Sinks Fielded
Clan Double Heat Sinks Fielded

10 Highest Damage Ammo Explosions (Damage and 'Mech chassis/variant)

Edited by Quickdraw Crobat, 18 May 2017 - 11:05 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users