Hot-Fix Scheduled For 18-May-2017

47 replies to this topic

#21 Mace Huron

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

Thanks! I noticed unusual sound playing when losing leg components too. It sounded almost like the Night Gyr warhorn.

#22 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

Well well. Posted Image The jump jets are not hot without Posted Image skill but with skill also do nothing ??? Posted Image and yet??? Likes to check it out !! One note the legs of mech have some mistake ?? Posted Image

#23 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

seems like they also fixed the in game quirk displays to match the changes spreadsheet
very quiet about that one

was starting to wonder what was fact and what was alternative fact

clearly the concept of checking you work before releasing it to the public is lost on pgi

#24 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

View PostRyllen Kriel, on 18 May 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

I had a bizarre issue on a Forest Colony Quick Play a day ago after the patch where my mech, with a Standard Engine lost a side torso and fell on it's back as if knocked down. I could still fire my weapons in the air but I couldn't move till the enemy finished me off. They must of seen my mech fall over too because at first they stopped shooting at me at first. My in game perspective went from first person to third as if I was dead and I was just watching my mech fire AC rounds and lasers into the air. It didn't say I was killed by anyone till they started shooting me on the ground seconds later.

I guess the code for knockdown is trying to haunt it's way back into the game?

I did it to a marauder on polar also...couldn't figure out why I was still getting a weapon lock when I clearly saw the mech go down.

View PostMace Huron, on 18 May 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Thanks! I noticed unusual sound playing when losing leg components too. It sounded almost like the Night Gyr warhorn.

I thought that was a UI improvement they left out of the patch notes. Useful little aid myself since I pay more attention to the warhorns than the betty.

#25 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostRyllen Kriel, on 18 May 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

I had a bizarre issue on a Forest Colony Quick Play a day ago after the patch where my mech, with a Standard Engine lost a side torso and fell on it's back as if knocked down. I could still fire my weapons in the air but I couldn't move till the enemy finished me off. They must of seen my mech fall over too because at first they stopped shooting at me at first. My in game perspective went from first person to third as if I was dead and I was just watching my mech fire AC rounds and lasers into the air. It didn't say I was killed by anyone till they started shooting me on the ground seconds later.

I guess the code for knockdown is trying to haunt it's way back into the game?

Seen this. It didn't help that I died face down. :P

#26 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

View PostLorDGuilhotinA, on 18 May 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

i noticed a delay in jumpjets sounds

Not just a delay in the sound, but it seems the performance too. But it seems it only happens the first time you use them in a match.

Also, being legged makes a weird noise which sounds like the beginning of the 'Radial' warhorn playing.

#27 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:28 AM

one more glitch, chat can not be scrolled using pgup and pgdn in-match.

#28 Rockcrusher

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:26 AM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 18 May 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Not just a delay in the sound, but it seems the performance too. But it seems it only happens the first time you use them in a match.

Yeah, I've noticed that too.

#29 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 19 May 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...80#entry5741380

#30 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

Did you fix these problems?

Here I want skill nodes for LRMs. I do not want range, Anyone that plays MWO knows that no one wants or needs range for LRMs. It is stupid, the worst module to buy is "range for any LRM".

BUT, I WAS FORCED TO GET 10 FREAKING SKILL NODES FOR FREAKING RANGE.

Posted Image

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 19 May 2017 - 08:48 AM.

#31 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

That's a lot of investment in the firepower skill tree. Definitely more than I have on most my mechs!

Not saying anything's wrong, just noting an observation.

#32 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

Or this one. Here I want Radar Deprivation. The first rule of modules is the first one you get is radar derp.

I do not want target gathering, I do not want sensor range, I do not want or need freaking target decay or target retention.

But again, your stupid freaking skill tree makes me waste another 11 skill nodes.

Posted Image

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 19 May 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

That's a lot of investment in the firepower skill tree. Definitely more than I have on most my mechs!

Not saying anything's wrong, just noting an observation.

OMFG, do not get off the freaking point, it is just a mock up to show a FREAKING POINT.

#33 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:44 AM

**** the freaking "skill tree". What 3rd-year intern decided a "skill tree" would be cool or pretty?

JUST MAKE IT

linear

• arranged in or extending along a straight or nearly straight line.

• progressing from one stage to another in a single series of steps; sequential.

• I NOW AM HAVING TO RENAME MY MECHS FROM THE INTERESTING AND COOL MECH NAMES TO "HAS RADAR DERP" or "fully maxed out mobility".

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 19 May 2017 - 08:46 AM.

#34 rustyk

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

Would you happier if they just made skills like radar derp cost extra skill points and made it a flat structure?
To me it seems clear that they've just made the most desirable skills cost more by forcing people down a path to get to them.
Personally I don't mind as all of the skills are minor enhancements so you could argue it stops people cherry picking.

#35 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

Just another amateur heftier cosmetic sh*t. PGI you stink with uselesness and greed. :op

#36 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:56 AM

Hello PGI,

One of the best things about the way that skills were acquired previously is that you could acquire a particular skill in linear steps without having to acquire other unneeded skills to get to the next step! I don't know or understand in what mindless universe this skill tree could be considered an appropriate way to lay things out. It may be a developer's dream but it is a players nightmare!

You need to reorganize the skill tree so that additional levels of individual skills can be obtained without dependency on any other skills. Otherwise it is just a ripoff to force players to waste skill nodes that they don't need to get to what they do need.

This is a very poor showing PGI. Please rethink what you are doing and get your act together. I am very disappointed in you.

I am a casual player who wants to play the game - not waste my time dealing with unneeded mindless complexity.

- Megabopper

#37 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

View PostMegaBopper, on 21 May 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

Hello PGI,

One of the best things about the way that skills were acquired previously is that you could acquire a particular skill in linear steps without having to acquire other unneeded skills to get to the next step! I don't know or understand in what mindless universe this skill tree could be considered an appropriate way to lay things out. It may be a developer's dream but it is a players nightmare!

You need to reorganize the skill tree so that additional levels of individual skills can be obtained without dependency on any other skills. Otherwise it is just a ripoff to force players to waste skill nodes that they don't need to get to what they do need.

This is a very poor showing PGI. Please rethink what you are doing and get your act together. I am very disappointed in you.

I am a casual player who wants to play the game - not waste my time dealing with unneeded mindless complexity.

- Megabopper

Not entirely true.

If you wanted speed tweak or fast fire, you had to get at least 8 other skils first.

If you wanted that extra module slot, you needed 12 other skills first.

You can now acquired skill not accesible previously as well.

I know its different, but the argument of buying unwanted skills is not new to the skill tree, its been there since beta...

#38 Syn Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

dot dot pipe dot dot rinse and repeat at that skill tree.

#39 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 19 May 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

Its because the keys were re-assigned to consumable slots. Go into your settings, under keyboard and re-assign the message scroll/goto keys. I'm using the F5, F6 and F7 now.

#40 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 19 May 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

Did you fix these problems?

Here I want skill nodes for LRMs. I do not want range, Anyone that plays MWO knows that no one wants or needs range for LRMs. It is stupid, the worst module to buy is "range for any LRM".

Actually most of us do want the range for LRMs as it limits the ability of people attempting to out-run them by simply reversing straight back when they see the incoming flight of missiles, not to mention it now that they've shrunk the base range to 900 meters, and reduced the missile range quirk of several mechs, you need the range nodes to get the things back to 1000 meters. Not to mention those of us who aren't amateur hour types that only mount LRMs... enjoy the range boosting to our other weapons on the mechs.

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 19 May 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Or this one. Here I want Radar Deprivation. The first rule of modules is the first one you get is radar derp.

I do not want target gathering, I do not want sensor range, I do not want or need freaking target decay or target retention.

But again, your stupid freaking skill tree makes me waste another 11 skill nodes.

Yes...because making radar contact with the enemy sooner, being able to determine which mechs are more vulnerable or should be a greater targetting priority earlier, and delaying the loss of target info/lock are skills that don't benefit you at all. Incidently extending the sensor range 35% also extends the point where ECM's radar shielding is defeated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users