Hot-Fix Scheduled For 18-May-2017

47 replies to this topic

#41 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

Fix your heads, noobs. Just played several matches and saw it is the same sh*t as before. Absolutely unoptimized, unstable and ugly. Wrong done, PGI.

#42 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:52 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 21 May 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

Not entirely true.

If you wanted speed tweak or fast fire, you had to get at least 8 other skils first.

If you wanted that extra module slot, you needed 12 other skills first.

You can now acquired skill not accesible previously as well.

I know its different, but the argument of buying unwanted skills is not new to the skill tree, its been there since beta...

While it is true that you had to buy all of the basic mech skills to get to the elite skillset, it is not true that I had to buy various other skills out of the pilot skills section to get range or cooldown or uav or coolshot skills. I should not have to do so now!

These considerations must be kept in context. My original post above stands.

-Megabopper

#43 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:22 AM

View PostMegaBopper, on 21 May 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

While it is true that you had to buy all of the basic mech skills to get to the elite skillset, it is not true that I had to buy various other skills out of the pilot skills section to get range or cooldown or uav or coolshot skills. I should not have to do so now!

These considerations must be kept in context. My original post above stands.

-Megabopper

I see you point and i see we we aren't going to agree since terms like "I should not have to..." are based on your opinion. Valid as such, but an opinion.

I guess i am used to games upending their skill progression systems on me... I played WoW from vanilla to Panda and I swear blizzard sneezed and suddenly everthing was different. I was genuinely pissed when my balance druid lost his spam crit/mana gen ability...

...Seriously, all my skills/gear/enchantments were about improving crit so I could tank as a Moonkin and spam Moonfire almost non-stop. Was it the most logical/practical application? Probably not, but its what I wanted to do.

So i won't try to convince you otherwise only point out that change is the only constant...

Edited by MovinTarget, 22 May 2017 - 05:03 AM.

#44 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

View Postrustyk, on 19 May 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Would you happier if they just made skills like radar derp cost extra skill points and made it a flat structure?

Yes, make Radar Dep 15 points, and Seismic 10. I'd pay 6 more points to get those than I pay now, because those are the abilities I want.

Hiding Radar Dep and Seismic behind a bunch of other abilities, makes Radar Dep less useful because of so much Target Decay that is in the way. Anyone who takes Target Decay points is nerfing Radar Dep to some extent and the fact that you can't access those two Defensive skills without being forced to take lots of Offensive sensor abilities means that there is no "this or that" with this tree system.

#45 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 22 May 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

I see you point and i see we we aren't going to agree since terms like "I should not have to..." are based on your opinion. Valid as such, but an opinion.

I understand where everyone who's complaining about the new system for that reason is coming from. I think the mistake in this new system isn't "I should not have to" but "I should not be able to".

Why can I use skills to increase my agility and my structural/armor capacity of my mech at the same time? We should have limitations imposed on us that would drive more creativity in the use of the skill tree than simply, hide something behind "less valuable" abilities. An armored car is slower and less maneuverable than a race car with a stronger engine and less material in the body/frame of the car. It makes no sense that I can greatly increase the armor on a mech and also greatly increase it's agility and speed.

I want them to cost skills appropriately, make the "valuable" skills cost more, make the "useless skills" cost less(or make them better).

#46 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

View Postmycroft000, on 22 May 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

I understand where everyone who's complaining about the new system for that reason is coming from. I think the mistake in this new system isn't "I should not have to" but "I should not be able to".

Why can I use skills to increase my agility and my structural/armor capacity of my mech at the same time? We should have limitations imposed on us that would drive more creativity in the use of the skill tree than simply, hide something behind "less valuable" abilities. An armored car is slower and less maneuverable than a race car with a stronger engine and less material in the body/frame of the car. It makes no sense that I can greatly increase the armor on a mech and also greatly increase it's agility and speed.

I want them to cost skills appropriately, make the "valuable" skills cost more, make the "useless skills" cost less(or make them better).

I was a proponent of weighted skills from the get go, but as far as I can tell PGI did not have an interest in it... I felt it should be a matter of rewarding diversification, but allowing specialization... at a cost. You could have +5% on a bunch of things or +10% on a few things or +25% on one thing....

...something like that...

#47 spud35

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

Can some one tell me what the chat message "You can not yous this feature" means and what i did wrong I'll post a screen shot for it.

#48 spud35

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

Never mind it seems to have fixed it self however if it happens again I will post it again GL all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users