#21 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

View Postsgtarkeus, on 19 May 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

Not that I could tell. It just showed my CT removed and one of my STs as red with no armor.

I've got 102 front and 8 rear on my CT on my Cyclops, and 78 front and 8 rear on my Orion. I suppose I shouldn't rule that out, I just recall the mechs to my front, with allies behind me / to my sides.

Edit: I tend to play fairly safe in these two and stay with at least 2-3 other mechs, more if we can get a death ball going, as difficult as that is in pugs. My cyclops is built for mid range engagements with two UAC5s and two LRM10s, with 4 tons of each LRM and UAC5 ammo. My Orion is basically set up as the (C) version, though without Artemis-IV.

Ok, U had enough armor, so I can think that U meet optimized srm builds: thanks to new skill tree smr-dmg doesn't spread like before AND have crit chance.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 May 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Please show me the medium laser that deals 25 to 35 damage.

That's not from the Survival Tree, that's Survival Tree stacked on top of massive Quirks. The actual amount from the Tree is much smaller.

#23 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

Sgtarkeus, I would go for this

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f4046a8e9cad3da

enough ammo, no jams, heat dissipation above average and low chance of one shots unless its a headshot.

#24 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 19 May 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

Max CT armour & structure for an ON1-K
Armour: 92 (no back armour) + 23 (quirk) + 19.55 (max skill tree, assuming quirk is counted in calc) = 134.55
Structure: 46 + 14.72 (max skill tree) = 60.72
Total damage to one shot = 195.27

So, SRM boat alpha damage values...

6x Clan SRM6 (JR7-IIC, MDD, LBK) = 72 damage
6x IS SRM6 (CPLT-A1) = 77.4 damage
7x IS SRM6 (CP-10-Q) = 90.3 damage
8x Clan SRM6 (HMN) = 96 damage
9x IS SRM6 (ARC-5W) = 116.1 damage

My guess is something else shot you just before or during the SRM bombers attack.
[Edit] Or an ammo explosion, does that show up in the kill feed? I've not died to one for a while. [/Edit]

Esactly, and to the above, that catapult or linebacker prally had -spread quirks and +crit.chance-on-missiles

#25 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

View Postsgtarkeus, on 19 May 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

I hadn't thought about an ammo explosion. I store two tons of ammo in my CT on the Orion. It is not fully skilled yet 33/91 admittedly. I don't remember if they show up on the damage report something to watch for I suppose. That should happen pretty frequently though, I'm not the best player that's for sure; I'm a T3 pilot.

My understanding from the few times i've had it happen when you die from Ammo Explosions it says cause of death: Ammo Explosion.
Unless they changed that.

#26 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostTheLuc, on 19 May 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

Sgtarkeus, I would go for this

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f4046a8e9cad3da

enough ammo, no jams, heat dissipation above average and low chance of one shots unless its a headshot.

That's an interesting build. Thanks! I'll give that a shot. Would you recommend group or chain fire on the AC5s?

#27 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

For the AC5s chain fire is an option but since the skill tree requires lots of cooldown nods to make it dakka worthy you may prefer going to fire both to take advantage of the range instead.

depend on what you prefer really.

#28 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Alright. Thank you TheLuc!

#29 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 19 May 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

I will take this mech and you take the other where you can't twist and spread dmg. I will win.

You can take full armour/structure and still get full torso twist and full speed tweak. Dunno what you're wasting nodes on if you can't do that same. https://tarogato-mwo...4c-ef55cecc52b0

#30 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 19 May 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yes this does happen on the very rare occasion. Use the complaint button and they do get banned about this sort of stuff. It sucks and not much to say other than that.

Getting shot through the back from the front and almost anything else imaginable has happened.

Its online multi player which can be good but is very often used as a tool for trolling.

Good topic though. Lets people know this sort of thing happened.
God I've had that happen I don't know how many times.

#31 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

Certain mechs have the "crotch" area that counts as your back armor (which is dumb!)

Edited by kesuga7, 19 May 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#32 Colonel Presumptuous

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSouthern Hemisphere

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

View Postsgtarkeus, on 19 May 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

I hadn't thought about an ammo explosion. I store two tons of ammo in my CT on the Orion. It is not fully skilled yet 33/91 admittedly. I don't remember if they show up on the damage report something to watch for I suppose. That should happen pretty frequently though, I'm not the best player that's for sure; I'm a T3 pilot.

Yeah NEVER stick ammo in your CT or head... EVER one bad crit and boom you go pop. Legs are fine, since something like a heavy or assualt people dont usually go for the legs.

#33 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

View PostColonel Presumptuous, on 19 May 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yeah NEVER stick ammo in your CT or head... EVER one bad crit and boom you go pop. Legs are fine, since something like a heavy or assualt people dont usually go for the legs.

I disagree. If you're dying from CT ammo explosions regularly, then you're not shooting enough enemies. Head ammo is iffy. I can count on my hands how many cockpit deaths I've had and (I'm pretty sure) none of those were due to an ammo explosion. Then again, I also don't strip more than 1 point of head armour, so I guess I could just be odd like that.

#34 InvictusLee

• The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

View Postsgtarkeus, on 19 May 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

I had at least two matches last night where I was fairly fresh - maybe the armor on my arms and possibly a ST being yellow but the CT was undamaged, turn a corner and a rushing linebacker or catapult hit me with something, I'm guessing SRMs (they're the last thing on the list of damage by what screen), and I'm dead. CT only thing damaged really. Each death like this has like 4-6 weapons showing on the death/damage screen.

I've never seen this before, has any one else? My Orion ON1-K has 448/462 Armor with points in the survival tree, and my Cyclopes CP-11-A has 544/558 Armor also with points in the survival tree.

Dude this used to happen to me all the time even with the old skill system.
Walk out into the field of battle in a fully armored king crab with a STD engine, see a thunderbolt or battlemaster, immediately go down with one shot to the torso from one LL.
I really dont think its a problem with the game.
I think there are people out there with a program that allows them to one shot everything.
I've heard that cheating actually does exist in the higher tiers.

Edited by November11th, 19 May 2017 - 03:22 PM.

#35 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

View PostColonel Presumptuous, on 19 May 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

ALWAYS put ammo in the head! It helps you eject faster...

#36 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:33 PM

You can take full armour/structure and still get full torso twist and full speed tweak. Dunno what you're wasting nodes on if you can't do that same. [color="#b27204"]https://tarogato-mwo...4c-ef55cecc52b0[/color]

Tarogato, I cant get your link or program to work, saw a nice video of someone using it but I just get a page but none of the
buttons work

#37 MonPax

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 19 May 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Dude this used to happen to me all the time even with the old skill system.
Walk out into the field of battle in a fully armored king crab with a STD engine, see a thunderbolt or battlemaster, immediately go down with one shot to the torso from one LL.
I really dont think its a problem with the game.
I think there are people out there with a program that allows them to one shot everything.
I've heard that cheating actually does exist in the higher tiers.

i also think its possible with 1 or 2 mg bursts

Edited by MonPax, 19 May 2017 - 03:35 PM.

#38 InvictusLee

• The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostMonPax, on 19 May 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

i also think its possible with 1 or 2 mg bursts

Yeah. It hurts. I'm just WTF.

#39 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 19 May 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Tarogato, I cant get your link or program to work, saw a nice video of someone using it but I just get a page but none of the
buttons work

It seems to have issues in some browsers, like IE. If you're using IE, try Firefox or Chrome.

#40 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 19 May 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yes this does happen on the very rare occasion. Use the complaint button and they do get banned about this sort of stuff. It sucks and not much to say other than that.

Getting shot through the back from the front and almost anything else imaginable has happened.

Its online multi player which can be good but is very often used as a tool for trolling.

Good topic though. Lets people know this sort of thing happened.

So any time someone kills you, it must have been cheating and you report?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users