Never Been So ****** By Devs Before

28 replies to this topic

#1 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

Lol . Wow . After 3 years of playing this game, this is what I get.

WTF do I pay for Converting XP to SP , is this a fucken joke? I already had my fucken skills unlocked PGI on every mech that I liked.

Can someone please make the game more intuitive instead of making it a ***********.

Go ahead and ban me. I am not putting up with this.

Might as well erase 3 years of progress and treat people like they played for one day.

Tier 1 player. Have no idea what game I came back to.

#2 Scam Newton

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

Being an MWO Pilot is sort of like buying a top of the line vehicle from your car/truck dealer. Then they do a factory recall, and when you go back and pick it up it is 85% the vehicle it used to be. Finally you end up with a Ford Fiesta when you thought you bought a Mustang.

#3 Kusunoki Masashige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

Agree they added a ton of click labor to trying to make your mech like it was. which you cant. im a T1 player 3+ years in and i see no reason to play now. Im honestly looking for a new game to play.

PGI get rid of this skill tree trash

#4 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

View PostMadCat02, on 19 May 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Lol . Wow . After 3 years of playing this game, this is what I get.

WTF do I pay for Converting XP to SP , is this a fucken joke? I already had my fucken skills unlocked PGI on every mech that I liked.

Can someone please make the game more intuitive instead of making it a ***********.

Go ahead and ban me. I am not putting up with this.

Might as well erase 3 years of progress and treat people like they played for one day.

Tier 1 player. Have no idea what game I came back to.

TBH, if you have mastered the mech, you already got given 91 SP to use without paying for, and if you're like me, I also about ~ 91GSP for each.
I could activate every node on every mech I own for no cost if I wanted to spend the time.

#5 Kusunoki Masashige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:24 PM

View PostDavid Sumner, on 19 May 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

TBH, if you have mastered the mech, you already got given 91 SP to use without paying for, and if you're like me, I also about ~ 91GSP for each.
I could activate every node on every mech I own for no cost if I wanted to spend the time.

Thats not the point i could care less about the free SP i dont want to spend 40 hours of my time tweaking a 150 mechs. Wtf really. PGI has really had **** intercourse with the k9 on this one....

#6 HooverGKMMC

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:39 AM

View PostKusunoki Masashige, on 19 May 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Thats not the point i could care less about the free SP i dont want to spend 40 hours of my time tweaking a 150 mechs. Wtf really. PGI has really had **** intercourse with the k9 on this one....

If you had spent the time in the mechlab that you have spent whining on the forums, I'll bet you would have it at least half done by now. Just sayin'

Edited by HooverGKMMC, 20 May 2017 - 04:39 AM.

#7 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:21 AM

do not worry, it will not take anywhere near 40 hours, 5 minutes is plenty of time to skill a Mech, I managed 3 Mechs in 10 minutes sugesting it takes me about 3 minutes a Mech.

at the (very generous) 5 minutes per Mech it sill take you about 12 hours, but it is quite possible it would take 4 hours or less.

also bear in mind you do not have to do all 150 at once, I highly doubt you play all 150 reguraly, at 7 minutes per game (5 minute match + 2 minutes queueing and waiting for match start) it would take you 17 hours to play 1 game in each, significantly longer than to skill them, so why not spend 2-5 minutes skilling the Mech you want to use next match and skill them as and when you want to use them.

also you made a thread to complain about the cbill cost then when someone pointed out that it was not an issue you do not care about the cbill cost? please make your mind up about what you are complaining about.

if you want instructions on how to use the skill tree there are a number of instructional threads in new player help which should be able to assist you.

#8 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

ok rogue Jedi:(don´t take it personally but this is another big thing no one talk about)
You speak english maybe as native language- I and propably most other Players don´t. I had luck and did learn english at School. BUT there are ppl out there who don´t- and to make it worse you can´t Change the language in the game.

If you don´t have an idea of how it may be for others: try to Play a game in a language you do not know ( an example may be Drakesang or witcher ) .

Having this in mind i hope you now understand why many Players are really pissed.

#9 HooverGKMMC

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

View PostFireeagle, on 20 May 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Having this in mind i hope you now understand why many Players are really pissed.

To be fair (and without discounting your point in any way), that does not seem to be the majority gripe. In fact, this is the first time I've seen anyone make that complaint.

However, it would be beneficial to a lot of people if they were to add some language options...

#10 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:32 AM

the Problem those Players have is:

they wont write here in the english parts of the Forum.

And we doubt the language Forums are even recognized by pgi.
so where to write? i can only tell from ts Servers i use and there are not only 2 Players beeing ****** because of this barier.

Edited by Fireeagle, 20 May 2017 - 06:34 AM.

#11 HooverGKMMC

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

View PostFireeagle, on 20 May 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

the Problem those Players have is:

they wont write here in the english parts of the Forum.

And we doubt the language Forums are even recognized by pgi.
so where to write? i can only tell from ts Servers i use and there are not only 2 Players beeing ****** because of this barier.

If I'm not mistaken, there are some other language sections of the forums.
https://mwomercs.com...-international/

#12 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:55 AM

Get used to the skilltree layout and how it works for each of your intended mechroles .

I need about 2 minutes per mech .

#13 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

255 Mechs in Garage thats still 8,5 hours

#14 Emn1ty

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

You seem to like to spam every topic with the same statement. Yes, the game is different. Yes, you can't make your mechs play the way they used to.

Well guess what, other arena style games like MWO change significantly every other month (league of legends reworked jungle three times in one year, which is why I stopped playing). Until PGI starts massively overhauling this on a regular basis all I can say is adapt. And if you can't, the community won't miss you. You can either try to make the best of it and offer constructive criticism or if not; there's the door.

I for one am glad as player who hasn't had the time to buy or grind up 200+ mechs that I don't have to get three different types just to master one. I'll deal with the skill tree for that fact alone.

No, it's not perfect, but it's barely been out for more than a few days and people are acting like they already know it's **** or not. Let it gestate for a while and see where everything falls in a week or two. The fact you're so ready to pass judgement before everyone has gotten a grasp of the changes just makes me think you're mad for the most superficial reasons.

#15 HooverGKMMC

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostEmn1ty, on 20 May 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

You seem to like to spam every topic with the same statement. Yes, the game is different. Yes, you can't make your mechs play the way they used to.

Just to add on to this - in literally every single MMO-type game I've played, any time there's a chang there are those out there who throw tantrums, predict the downfall of the game because of the changes, and demand that things get put back to the way they were or they are taking their ball and going home.

And ya know what? Almost every single one of those games are still out there. Did they lose some people? Probably. DId they pick up more people? Pretty much every time.

#16 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostFireeagle, on 20 May 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

255 Mechs in Garage thats still 8,5 hours

Still no need to do them all at once, quiaff ?

Edited by The Shortbus, 20 May 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#17 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

even if i do not do them at once - the sum will be the same.

Edited by Fireeagle, 20 May 2017 - 10:54 AM.

#18 _ Manual _

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostThe Shortbus, on 20 May 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

Get used to the skilltree layout and how it works for each of your intended mechroles .

I need about 2 minutes per mech .

First, I will apologize, since I'm newer and only been playing for a few months. I'm obviously not as fluent in this game the rest of you.

I basically started by spending about an hour or 2 trying to read/google on the basic tree info, pitfalls, nuances, etc. Then as I sat there in front of my one mech and took another half hour trying to decide on which nodes to select, and deselect, and reselect again. Decided to stop at about 50-something skill points as it was getting a little tedious trying not to screw it up too badly. So I spent about 15-20 mins getting into quickplay trying to see how it handled.... meh, wasn't too impressed, felt a little squishier than before or less punchy. (how would I know? can't really be sure). Sat there another half hour staring at the skill tree, trying to trace other nodes.... gave up, thinking.. "Bah, I'll tackle it tomorrow". Still haven't gotten to the other half dozen that I use regularly... (And I think this is indeed one of the biggest, and I believe very VALID complaint against this system)

I'm glad it takes you 2 minutes per mech. But please remember, not all of us are at your level, or are that definite about the tree choices that we'll just "click click click ..done". I may get good enough one day to minimize the work to about 10 minutes for a mech, but that will be after hours and hours of trial and error.

Thank you.

#19 Ulric von Eisenberg

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:56 AM

View PostDavid Sumner, on 19 May 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Yes but 91 SP doesn't return your mech to near it's original operating perameters and to my knowledge 91 is the upper limit it will allow you to spend. i.e. I have 237 sp to spend on a mech so yes I should be able to activate every module on the mech, but... It will only let me activate 91 sp worth at any given time. Sure I can switch the 91 around any way I want and no matter how I switch them I still have an inferior mech to the one I purchased.

#20 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:06 AM

Especial one Thing is realy ********: Why the **** do i get more ammo by skill ?
Enhanced view / Zoom also - that makes absolutely no sense !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users