129 replies to this topic

#41 Feywald

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, England

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

Was kind of hoping for some message from PGI on hear about which was correct the picture or the loadouts. I know you dont get the weapons that are on the picture with the mechs but they normaly show the right amount of hardpoints. Two mechs both showing excess ballistic slots and the jenner can not support missiles at all.

#42 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

Origins pack sale is cool and I'd consider getting them all except Orion iic and Highlander iic are kind of really crappy mechs...

#43 BobTheBully

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:54 PM

Am I the only one that thinks that they are overcompensating for how OP clan wave 2 heroes were and the backlash that came with it, so these are trash not amazing to compensate? But honestly the camos look FANTASTIC!

#44 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:31 PM

Lol - pictures are totally for show/art not correct.... how could a 50ton hunckback carry 5 eppc & 2x uac10's... :)

#45 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

View PostBobTheBully, on 19 May 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

Am I the only one that thinks that they are overcompensating for how OP clan wave 2 heroes were and the backlash that came with it, so these are trash not amazing to compensate? But honestly the camos look FANTASTIC!

I'm about 90% certain this is the case.

#46 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

Can HMGs be quirked into relevance. Lets wait and find out.

#47 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:22 AM

the Wolfhound IIC Grinner rebuild should have been there as well, now that the multi varients to master rule is gone there is no reason they could not put the Grinner rebuild on there, there was, as far as I am aware of, in lore only the 1 Wolfhound IIC which was Phenon Kell's Grinner. it was literaly the same Mech as the IS Grinner just rebuilt with Clan tech, so all it would require is a new varient being made as a Clan battlemech, it could use the same model as the IS Wolfhound, and its cammo could just be a minor modification of the Grinner cammo.

#48 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:48 AM

The Hunchie and the Orion have nothing that makes them interesting. If the Hunchie got a head mounted weapon or missile hardpoint in the center, then maybe. The Orion should have a ballistic in the LEFT torso or in the right arm. Or at least tripple ballistic, maybe the missile thrower arms of the ON1-VA. But the way they are now, no.

#49 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

give that jenner a missile in each arm in addition to the ballistics and you might have something.

#50 Blockpirat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:50 AM

View PostBrakkyn, on 19 May 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

They've really been churning out the 'Mech packages lately, it seems.

They have - here's a timelime showing all Mechpack and Hero releases from 2012 to 2017:

http://imgur.com/a/lANAw

#51 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:52 AM

I love my Orion IICs and the MASC on the hero looks interesting, but it's too lacking in hardpoints. One more of something and it would be workable.

#52 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:54 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 May 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

the Wolfhound IIC Grinner rebuild should have been there as well, now that the multi varients to master rule is gone there is no reason they could not put the Grinner rebuild on there, there was, as far as I am aware of, in lore only the 1 Wolfhound IIC which was Phenon Kell's Grinner. it was literaly the same Mech as the IS Grinner just rebuilt with Clan tech, so all it would require is a new varient being made as a Clan battlemech, it could use the same model as the IS Wolfhound, and its cammo could just be a minor modification of the Grinner cammo.

the Wolfhound IIc doesn't exist. Grinner was a completely unique mech when it was rebuilt by clans. and it was originally built in the IS.

and as for the guy saying "the game is unplayable" because of the skilltree?.. yeah.... pretty much about 95% of the people actually PLAYING the damn game disagree. Sure, some find it intimidating, or somewhat annoying, but that's only because they're still ADAPTING to it. it's literally been out less than a week. and they aren't rolling it back, this si something they promised us like five years ago, and actually attracted a lot of older players BACK to the game.

Edited by Arkhangel, 20 May 2017 - 02:55 AM.

#53 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:06 AM

General thoughts

Jenner: Existing variants are better
Hunchback: Existing variants are better
Orion: Existing variants are better
Highlander: Isn't that just a reskin of one of the basic variants?

Here is a thought: Create Hero pattern instead of mechs and bind the CB bonus to the pattern. The patterns can only be applied to the existing variants...The Highlander Hero pattern only to the Highlander and so on.

Advantage of this: You don't have to create new loadouts that don't exist in cannon or run into the trouble that a new variant is either to powerfull, like the Ice Ferret with ECM or as with the Orion IIC Hero is pretty useless.

On the other side you can give away new packages. For those who don't own any variant you can sell the Mech+Skin. Those who allready own a variant can just buy the skin.
Might bring in even some more people if the price is right. Me for example. I allready own, except for the Jenner, all IIC mechs and i just won't pay for a 4th one BUT a new pattern and CB bonus for one of the existing mechs, that is something I would spend money on.
Just the skin+CB Bonus could be 5-10$ maybe? You would have to find a balance between producing the new skins and a price people think its worth buying.
Its not like people need a new pattern or CB bonus. Most of use, I guess, allready have a fair share of those kind of mechs.

#54 Trennbull

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:13 AM

About the pictures of the Mechs not matching the description: False advertisement is illegal in many countries ...

#55 GrimmigerPetz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:52 AM

View PostKrocodockle, on 19 May 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

Origins pack sale is cool and I'd consider getting them all except Orion iic and Highlander iic are kind of really crappy mechs...

How dare you sir!

The Orion IIc Is by far the best 75 ton Clan brawler in the current game.

With the new skill tree it receives armor and structural tweaks it never had.

Also the Highlander is far superior by the same tonnaged Supernova.

#56 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:49 AM

LOl, unless im missing something these are all terrible. Not equal but different, just terrible.

They could have done a Heavy Metal hardpoint clone for the HGN, id have bought that. As it is? lol, wouldn't even buy them if they were free. not worth the skill points.

#57 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion that civil war tech will make origins heavy/assault much more relevant. Heavy lasers for hardpoint starved mechs

#58 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:14 AM

specially since boating Heavy Lasers is completely stupid, so yeah. mean, hell, a Heavy Large Laser probably hits nearly as hard as an AC/20 does, and it's a lot lighter and smaller crit-wise.

there's a reason that Wolf-in-Exile Solitaire was such a monster for a 25-ton mech. the thing probably outfirepowered a few mechs three times its weight, and it was specifically designed to take down Assaults pretty much head on, especially when working with a Star of other Solitaire. two heavy smalls, two heavy mediums, and a heavy large, which was considered a borderline ridiculous amount of firepower for a mech its size, while still being heavily armored for its size (nearly a fifth of its weight is just armor) and still going about 162kph. thing is a powerhouse.

but of course its main downside is... Alpha once and you're cooked.

Edited by Arkhangel, 20 May 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#59 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:19 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 20 May 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

specially since boating Heavy Lasers is completely stupid, so yeah. mean, hell, a Heavy Large Laser probably hits nearly as hard as an AC/20 does, and it's a lot lighter and smaller crit-wise.

there's a reason that Wolf-in-Exile Solitaire was such a monster for a 25-ton mech. the thing probably outfirepowered a few mechs three times its weight, and it was specifically designed to take down Assaults pretty much head on, especially when working with a Star of other Solitaire. two heavy smalls, two heavy mediums, and a heavy large, which was considered a borderline ridiculous amount of firepower for a mech its size, while still being heavily armored for its size (nearly a fifth of its weight is just armor) and still going about 162kph. thing is a powerhouse.

but of course its main downside is... Alpha once and you're cooked.

Posted Image
PGI PLZ?! Posted Image

#60 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 May 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

SUGGESTION: Add MASC to the Highlander Posted Image

Adding this would get me to buy one.
As it stands no thanks, to much money for a paint job

View PostWildstreak, on 19 May 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

Already MASC on the Orion.

hmm I didn't notice that lol, will have to take a second look, I thought meh at first

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users