Clan Iic Heroes Disappointment

24 replies to this topic

#1 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

So.
I dont know about you guys, but when I saw those beautiful mechs with all those PPCS and cool ballistics hard points, I got really excited.

Then I scrolled down to the actual, official hard points on the mechs.
I was immediately disappointed by how the listed hard points look nothing like the art work, and since they are simply standard battlemechs with no omnipods.

I can only ask why would you do this? Why get me excited with a cool, mean looking jenner or hunchie that appears to be worthwhile when the jenner is just an MG boat and the hunchie isnt anything special? The orion and highlander are just variations of mechs already in the game.

If you want my money, dont mislead me with cool looking artwork man.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

Bait and switch.

#3 Heketon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Ah, but the pictures where you select the mechs and see their prices does say, "Artwork does not reflect final loadouts."

#4 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

Its just to show where the different weapons will/ can be placed. Does not reflect what we get. Its a showoff only, since it dosent match their loadout specs.

#5 SIN Maruzen

• PipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

What I want to know is, the Jenner says it comes with HMG. but they aren't out yet. Typo or early weapon release?

#6 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostSIN Maruzen, on 19 May 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

What I want to know is, the Jenner says it comes with HMG. but they aren't out yet. Typo or early weapon release?

These heroes don't release until September.

#7 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Well the new tech comes in July, these mech heroes comes out in September.. So thats why they got some new tech added.

#8 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

View PostSIN Maruzen, on 19 May 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

They are not being released until the new weapons come out.

#9 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

Disappointed? Nah, not at all. I'm buying the hell outta that HBK. I'm pleased as punch that they used my name suggestion, even though they didn't steal my loadout.

The images may not be representative, but they do have a disclaimer, and anyone who commits to buying a 'Mech without checking the loadout details is asking for trouble anyway.

#10 InvictusLee

• The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 19 May 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Disappointed? Nah, not at all. I'm buying the hell outta that HBK. I'm pleased as punch that they used my name suggestion, even though they didn't steal my loadout.

The images may not be representative, but they do have a disclaimer, and anyone who commits to buying a 'Mech without checking the loadout details is asking for trouble anyway.

View PostHeketon, on 19 May 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

Ah, but the pictures where you select the mechs and see their prices does say, "Artwork does not reflect final loadouts."

View PostTordin, on 19 May 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Its just to show where the different weapons will/ can be placed. Does not reflect what we get. Its a showoff only, since it dosent match their loadout specs.

Listen M8's. I get that when there's omnipods and you can just put any weapon wherever or if they are just showing off a cool build on a prime chassis. However, this time around, there are no omnipods. and in the jenner's case, no missile hard points, no energy hardpoints in the "arms" and no actual MG's in the artwork. Like it totally doesnt match up whatsoever. Then we get to the hunchie, where you see a bajillion PPCs and two UACs, and while it looks awesome, half of those hard points just dont exist.

They look amazing.
Dont get me wrong.
I'd be happy to own any of them.
However. The moved, missing or lack of the shown hardpoints really dampens my enthusiasm as I cant really even use the builds I was thinking about. I dont like bait and switches.
I like paying for what I see, not the **** in the fine print down below.

Also, I love the heck out of your signature lol.

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

View PostFupDup, on 19 May 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Bait and switch.

if seeing 4 PPC and 2x UAC10/20s on a HBK IIC isn't enough reason to make someone actually check the loadouts? They didn't need much bait.

If there is a complaint to be made ti's that the Jenny IIC loadout in no way resembles what Zane drove.
Well, that and that they are all pretty much MEh to Bad.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 19 May 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#12 InvictusLee

• The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 May 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

if seeing 4 PPC and 2x UAC10/20s on a HBK IIC isn't enough reason to make someone actually check the loadouts? They didn't need much bait.

LOL my thoughts exactly xD

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 May 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

If there is a complaint to be made ti's that the Jenny IIC loadout in no way resembles what Zane drove.
Well, that and that they are all pretty much Meh to Bad.
The Lowlander is cool, but the mech already exists in the game, and I really really wanted to throw money at PGI specficially for that Jenner and HBK artwork, but since the loadouts are not real, I dont think I'll be buying any of them.

Edited by November11th, 19 May 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#13 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

#14 InvictusLee

• The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 19 May 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

I stand by my original question. Who asked for these? Except the Hunchback IIC Hero, apparently. Some guy did ask for that.

#16 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

I would be fine with the artwork showing whatever weapon (within weapon class) on the appropriate section with appropriate numbers.

eg, i would accept showing a side torso with 2 ballistic slots with 2 guass rifles, or something like a PPC mounted in a head energy hardpoint (it cant fit, but it would show an energy in the head), but showing 3 weapons where there is only 1 hardpoint, or no hardpoints at all? that is where the line is crossed.

EDIT
I would have even accepted the Jenner showing 6xUAC5's and a PPC in the art, misleading because it can't actually fit those weapons, but showing a PPC and flamer in each arm, when there aren't even any energy hardpoints? that is just wrong

I already bought the Madcat MkII pack + Hero as a thanks to PGI for sticking by the skill tree and not cowering to the 20-30 people holding your game to ransom for all these years. I was going to buy a IIC hero as a bonus thanks, but now I don't think I will, at least not with real cash

Edited by BumbleBee, 19 May 2017 - 04:36 PM.

#17 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

"What do you mean it's not viable?!"

After all, it's only about 10 tons short of being able to even mount all those guns in the picture, let alone those plus the engine and armor.

I call the hardpoints in the pictures a dumb decision, but ultimately not as dumb as whoever buys the 'Mech thinking that's what they're really getting because they didn't look at the stats on their way to the purchase button. PGI has done this exact same thing with every single one of the in-engine store page screenshots. Sometimes they go back and fix it later, most of the time they don't. Can they do better? Yes. Should they do better? Yes.

Does it rise to the level of bait-and-switch? Only if there's no disclaimer, which there is. I doubt there was some moustache-twirling villain who made a deliberate choice to mislead customers... Someone probably just said "here are the camos for the new heroes, put some weapons on them to make them look cool" and didn't give the screenshot-taking intern the stats to look at. So Mr. hypothetical screenshot-taker guy looks at the different weapon models, says "whoa, these big missile boxes and glowy PPC barrels look really awesome" and dumped them all over the place like cheese on nachos.

#18 Nicodemus Rosse

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

I'm super curious as to why you're buying the HBK? Is it the name?

I only ask because I love me some HBK-IICs, and this one was a serious letdown. It's basically a HBK-IIC-C with one more energy hardpoint (but four are in the arms, instead of two arm and two CT) and one less ballistic hardpoint, and no option to add jump jets. Is there something I'm missing? Please tell me there's something cool I'm missing. Would accept PPC velocity quirks, mad accel/decel quirks for improved hill-humping, really almost anything would be good.

#19 Heketon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 19 May 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

However. The moved, missing or lack of the shown hardpoints really dampens my enthusiasm as I cant really even use the builds I was thinking about. I dont like bait and switches.
I like paying for what I see, not the **** in the fine print down below.

Since they tell you before you buy them that the loadouts will be different, it can't be a bait and switch. I think the reason they show the layouts that they do is because the artwork for the new weapons is still being made.

#20 SIN Maruzen

• PipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostFupDup, on 19 May 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

These heroes don't release until September.

Oh, didn't see a release date anywhere. that explains that lol ty

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users