#81 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:11 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 24 May 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

I was wondering how that tally was going up.

You should get a prize for completing the "secret" challenge ;)

#82 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 24 May 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

I need a voucher for specsavers, I was wondering how that tally was going up. Good thing I had that branch unlocked but I am now switching them to double coolshots (except fast mechs), all my mechs seem to have heat issues and the tree's can't help enough.

What are you running that you're running into such prevalent heat issues?

#83 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

@Several people: Please note that only 2 rewards include keys, 2 include CACHES... ;)

#84 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

View Postmycroft000, on 24 May 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

What are you running that you're running into such prevalent heat issues?

I think (I have played a LOT of my mechs this weekend) I only had this issue on my Atlas D-DC.

With my Atlas, basically I sunk a lot of points into survival and mobility (mobility to bring it back up to where it handled pre-skill tree) as well as operations. But I didn't have enough points to go into the weapons branch (where a lot of heat reduction nodes lie) Atlas runs hotter, but seems tankier than before skill tree. Guess that is the trade off they were talking about?

I would say this was really the only mech out of a dozen I played that I struggled with getting the mech feeling 100% where I wanted it. I thought about putting more points into the weapons branch to have it run cooler, but then I have to sacrifice mobility or defense, both are needed when leading a push... So I guess I fire slower now is all.

#85 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

In general I am finding the firepower tree mostly useless. There are obviously some exceptions to this, but I find that the Armor, Agility, Operations, and Sensor trees are superior to taking much of anything in Firepower.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users