84 replies to this topic

#61 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:07 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 May 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

That has NOT been my mileage... as I noted to someone else...

...so something is STILL wrong with the balance. Maybe you've just seen a bunch of well-coordinated teams? I don't know, but it would sure help if PGI didn't make Range Nodes so mandatory for LRMs. About 950 to 955 Meters as a Baseline would fix that, or at least that's been my best analysis. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I'm unnaturally cursed by the problems in things always finding me." Devnull

Very true on different mileage. I'm not really used to seeing them much in tier 1 but yesterday for example I watched them being used very effectively time and again to soften us up. Range varied but they were split between bing in their combat ball and being about 500m away and using other people as spotters (1 clan heavy was self narcing). the ones further away I enjoyed picking off/harassing with my javelins. Posted Image

People will adjust but there are a lot of helpful nodes depending on your build and playstyle.

Coincidentally there aren't even any PPC specific nodes at all so they have it worse.

PS: the combat ball ones were almost entirely clan Timber Wolves etc, the distance ones IS.

Edited by Aramuside, 22 May 2017 - 06:08 AM.

#62 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

There are two things here that I love.

1. This event. It took me a few hours to get the mech bay, and it gave my wife time to work on her book without me distracting her. Awesome. Thanks. The event was simple enough and whetted my appetite to get the rest of the rewards, and complete the event. Well done.

2. How this thread has turned into yet another thread about the skill tree and the saltiness over the recent changes.

#63 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:12 AM

Let the crying begin! XD

#64 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 22 May 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

Let the crying begin! XD

Continue!

...there, I fixed it for you.

#65 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostAramuside, on 22 May 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

Coincidentally there aren't even any PPC specific nodes at all so they have it worse.

Velocity bonuses seem to help

#66 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

they help, but not enough to cover the blanket nerf to IS ppc velocities - 20% is now the max chassis quirk, down from 50% on some mechs

#67 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:36 AM

View PostSkybirduk, on 20 May 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

What concerns me is that the concentration on just the Field events, along with the lack of track events seems to suggest clear "race-ism" at PGI...

(I hope that they don't take this seriously...)

c'mon almost every match is nascar after all.

#68 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:05 AM

View Postchaothulhu, on 22 May 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

they help, but not enough to cover the blanket nerf to IS ppc velocities - 20% is now the max chassis quirk, down from 50% on some mechs

Incorrect.
PNT-9R Velocity 40%
CDA-3C Velocity 30%, heat gen -25% (combined)
PHX-1B Velocity 30%
HGN-733P Velocity 30%

Edited by ScottAleric, 23 May 2017 - 07:05 AM.

#69 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:08 AM

View PostTanar, on 23 May 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

c'mon almost every match is nascar after all.

#RickyBobby #NeverForget

#70 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:26 AM

Finished !!

C-bills for free...

#71 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

Must admit, i had no pleasure playing this game through this event. Felt even worse than before about min/max. Hope it is just because people are still new to skill tree. But perhaps this game is really a forlorn hope.

#72 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 23 May 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Must admit, i had no pleasure playing this game through this event. Felt even worse than before about min/max. Hope it is just because people are still new to skill tree. But perhaps this game is really a forlorn hope.

I have no idea what you are talking about. What did event have to do with people's loadouts? Or, are you just salty about the skill tree?

#73 Dens

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationUTC+10

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostMaugged, on 22 May 2017 - 02:56 AM, said:

Am i the only one though to get only 2 supply keys...

Same problem, got only 2 keys. Other keys seems to be lost or not injected.

#74 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:38 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 22 May 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

Velocity bonuses seem to help

Those are general nodes not ppc specific...... possibly you're struggling to understand the concept but if it says charge/jam chance/laser duration its specific, if it says velocity then all ballistic weapons and PPC's get a benefit.

#75 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:00 AM

View PostAramuside, on 24 May 2017 - 04:38 AM, said:

Those are general nodes not ppc specific...... possibly you're struggling to understand the concept but if it says charge/jam chance/laser duration its specific, if it says velocity then all ballistic weapons and PPC's get a benefit.

Not struggling to get the concept, just pointing out that there were nodes that did inherently benefit PPCs (and yes, other things).

They are different from most other energy weapons (as you well know) as beam duration does nothing for them, but you'll notice that they can benefit from the generic velocity skills waaaaay earlier in the tree than beam weapons can from duration skills.

Now if they were to change the Duration nodes to <X% Duration/ Y% PPC Velocity> you could offer PPC users similar benefits as similar costs without disrupting the tree (do we really want it bigger?), but would it result in over-buffing of PPC velocity?

They don't require the face-time that Beams do (hence the Duration skills) so I guess what I'm asking is, apart from velocity (which they can already get through generic skill nodes), what special nodes should PPCs get or is this just an observation that they are the only weapon type to not get its own special node?

If it's just a matter of a weapon type getting left out, I suppose flamers, with all its unique attributes, should get some nodes as well...

Edited by MovinTarget, 24 May 2017 - 05:01 AM.

#76 KevinZhang

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:01 AM

View PostMaugged, on 22 May 2017 - 02:56 AM, said:

Thanks for the event. Am i the only one though to get only 2 supply keys instead of the 8 you're supposed to get once you've done the 4 challenges?

Same here as I only got keys for one of the challenges even though I completed all of them.

#77 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:48 AM

Thanks PGI for the event, I have all but one that needs to be finished (the group drop).

I feel like I was going to strangle the person who came up with "Detecting 10 enemy UAV's". Seriously who thought of this rubbish?
If I look at it, I cannot highlight it, I have to get right up to it in order to detect it... and then chocolate rain starts.

I guess next event will be how many PPC's can you headbutt.

On note of detecting UAV's, even if I stare at some mechs in the distance I cannot highlight them. Surely if it's an enemy and I stare at it, it should be "detected" for all friendlies...

This is one of the main points of having lights/fast scouts !

p.s. I am having more fun in lights/fast mechs than my assaults now :)

#78 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 24 May 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

I feel like I was going to strangle the person who came up with "Detecting 10 enemy UAV's". Seriously who thought of this rubbish?

If I look at it, I cannot highlight it, I have to get right up to it in order to detect it...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Which challenge was that???

Detect 10 enemies with UAVs over the course of the event

Edited by MovinTarget, 24 May 2017 - 08:01 AM.

#79 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

Thanks for the fun and relatively easy event goals PGI. Definitely nice to see these still exist.

#80 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

I need a voucher for specsavers, I was wondering how that tally was going up. Good thing I had that branch unlocked but I am now switching them to double coolshots (except fast mechs), all my mechs seem to have heat issues and the tree's can't help enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users