• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

View PostKusunoki Masashige, on 19 May 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Stop playing till they remove the skill tree

Haha... dude are you nuts? The skill tree is a great and needed milestone in this games development. I surely hope it's gonna stay. If actually having some options to skill your mech is to much for you to handle I feel sorry. But you should try it is so much better than before!

#42 El Mala Muerte Pollo

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

You mixed Roman and Greek gods. I would expect that from a US company, but a Canadien company should do better.
At least you should made the "Achieve 1 Kill or KMDD while piloting an Assault 'Mech" the Zeus challenge.

#43 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostTanar, on 20 May 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

well technically she'd be pissed even if she was included.

Looking onto the forums I think Eris/Discordia simply has this community as an apologetic fanbase.

#44 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostRyoken, on 20 May 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Haha... dude are you nuts? The skill tree is a great and needed milestone in this games development. I surely hope it's gonna stay. If actually having some options to skill your mech is to much for you to handle I feel sorry. But you should try it is so much better than before!

It needs a little tweaking like instead of gateway nodes they should have simply made it harder to get the full benefit of the full benit. Like radar derp make it 5 or 6 nodes with a lower enhancement level. there are 2 enhanced ECM and 1 advanced zoom The idea of "Blocking" the popular nodes bothers me.

#45 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostChound, on 20 May 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

It needs a little tweaking like instead of gateway nodes they should have simply made it harder to get the full benefit of the full benit. Like radar derp make it 5 or 6 nodes with a lower enhancement level. there are 2 enhanced ECM and 1 advanced zoom The idea of "Blocking" the popular nodes bothers me.

If you don't "gate" the top-notch notes, you would need to have 10-15 notes to get them instead, just to balance their very high usefullness against all the other note types.
Nobody would want Radar Deprivation 10 or even 15... I'd say.

BTT: I just played few games with a buddy and already have 8 of the challenges done.
Very fast and easy, so I don't need to farm the whole weekend.
Thanks!

Edited by Reno Blade, 20 May 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#46 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

well after all y ou are replaceing ther modules mech weapon and pilot skills You need enough variety to encourage people to use different nodes. radar derp is very helpful especially when using LRMs or especially streak srms. streaks flat out won't fired unless there is a locked tareted item.There are a lot more pilot and mech skills

#47 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 20 May 2017 - 12:49 AM, said:

Leaderboard rewards have been really crappy for a while now. I miss the old leaderboards. At least they provided an incentive to work your a$$ off to finish high on the leaderboard.

Actually they provided an incentive to cheat is what they provided.

#48 drachnien

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 19 May 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

I'm all for competitive events, but I think it's not a good idea to run a "tryhard" event right after a major balance change. Give people time to get used to their new rides Posted Image

Yeah your probably right there it was a very easy event though.

#49 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

Sounds strange but PGI can you please extend the event (and make all events) a week long please :)

I won't have a chance to log in until Wed. I am sure others will have rammed schedules too.

Otherwise nice setup anyways. Keys are always welcome.

#50 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:19 PM

Another great event. Thanks.

#51 Scythe Kagato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:41 PM

Looks like a load of ****.

Hey, how about someone come over there and reset all of your comps then tell you it was for great balance or some ********?

#52 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:52 AM

From the FAQ:

Q: If I remove the unique Hero Pattern from a Clan Hero 'Mech, can I re-apply it to that 'Mech later?
Yes, and there would be no cost in re-applying it. However, you can only apply that Hero Pattern to the Hero variant! You cannot apply the Hero Pattern to any other variants of that Chassis!

I know that this has never been possible, but - why? Why can't I use the hero pattern on some other mech? They can't be that unique to the mech's geo, since the geo is variable anyway and is usally the same base one as the non-hero mechs.

In a related question - Why can only particular mechs be "heroes" or "champions". Why can't I buy a hero or champion upgrade for every mech?

I know, all things that have been that way since forever - but was it ever considered to be changed? If so, what was the reason to decide against it?

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 21 May 2017 - 12:52 AM.

#53 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:54 AM

View PostChound, on 20 May 2017 - 04:38 AM, said:

I think the complaints will be that LRMs and armor has become OP on some mechs.

LRMs OverPowered? WRONG!!! Why? Read the following...

-> https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/250617-patch-notes-14115-16-may-2017/page__view__findpost__p__5752737

...and then you'll understand why they're now Severely UnderPowered! Between PGI messing up the Game Design of MWO, and having Real Life to deal with, I won't be part of this Event. Anyone wanting to get a piece of me will have to hammer on PGI to go fix LRM Range! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "Sorry, but LRM Range has to be fixed before I'll ever be part of another Event." Devnull

#54 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 May 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

LRMs OverPowered? WRONG!!! Why? Read the following...

-> https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/250617-patch-notes-14115-16-may-2017/page__view__findpost__p__5752737

...and then you'll understand why they're now Severely UnderPowered! Between PGI messing up the Game Design of MWO, and having Real Life to deal with, I won't be part of this Event. Anyone wanting to get a piece of me will have to hammer on PGI to go fix LRM Range! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Sorry, but LRM Range has to be fixed before I'll ever be part of another Event." Devnull

all sections were nerfed so if you take all the right nodes in the skill tree it will be close to what you had before the patch. the range nodes would allow the LRMs to go longer than 1km. If you take all the range or missle range skills you will go back top 1km. the same went for ECM. thw range where it blocks you from target radar has been reduced.

#55 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

Well, PGI Team. Thank you. I completed the last two today. Team and 10K were slow. Mainly because I tried to do most of it in the Javelins. My bad. Learned a lot, had fun made a few new friends. Again - thanks for the rewards.

#56 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

View PostChound, on 20 May 2017 - 04:44 AM, said:

I don't quite know what I need to do launch a UAV and then use it to detect 10 target detected messages or just enough to pick up 10 enemy on the uav?

What I do, is wait till I am completely surrounded by reds then pop my cool shot and my UAV at the same time, got mine in 2 games.

I use UAV quite frequently, so I am ok with paying the price for them. They do help out the LRM-boats quite a bit.

Unrelated, I almost missed this event completely as I have been caught in the just one more turn trap of Endless Space 2

Edited by ZortPointNarf, 21 May 2017 - 10:32 PM.

#57 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:31 PM

View PostChound, on 21 May 2017 - 05:01 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

all sections were nerfed so if you take all the right nodes in the skill tree it will be close to what you had before the patch. the range nodes would allow the LRMs to go longer than 1km. If you take all the range or missle range skills you will go back top 1km. the same went for ECM. thw range where it blocks you from target radar has been reduced.

The problem is that all those Range Nodes should NOT be so mandatory for LRM users, and there should be a better ability to vary those builds as well. I could have understood a number around 950 to 955 Meters as a new baseline for LRMs, and therefore a need for 5 to 6 Range Nodes used to fix it up to the original 1000 Meters. That would still have allowed for the ability to reach about 1100 Meters, in order to have some chance at countering the 18 Weapons that all now currently have free reign over LRM users. I probably haven't highlighted it enough before, but LRMs (like any other Missile Weapon) blow up at their range limit. On the other hand, Ballistics and Energy Weapons have this whole extra Zone Of Distance beyond their Optimal Range. Their firepower does NOT become useless until at least TWICE their Maximum Normal Damage (also again known as "Optimal") Range. Stack on the compounding of additional 'Range Overhead' which any Ballistics and Energy Weapons can currently get over LRMs, and those 18 Long-Range, Non-LRM Weapons have a massive unfair advantage. PGI has once again overdone their Nerfing of a Weapon System, and ruined a delicate balance that was once there in order to keep any one Meta from getting way beyond too powerful. They're overdue for restoring at least half of the Range which they took away from LRMs, simply put. :(

In case you ignored the post which I linked to before, you really need to go read that. I'll repeat the link for your easy reference...

->https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/250617-patch-notes-14115-16-may-2017/page__view__findpost__p__5752737

...and hope that you have both a good day and a better understanding by the time you've read both that post, and this post which I'm placing this link in. Heck, even the Stalker STK-5M really NEVER deserved this bad of a Nerfing. It's really a shame that it can't naturally counter the Sniper-type Pilots without upgrades anymore. (Frankly, I feel like PGI's wrongful hate of several parts of what makes MechWarrior the type of game it happens to be is unfortunately showing.) :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "I'm rather sure you didn't have the full picture as to what PGI has done." Devnull

#58 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 19 May 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Ah, my bad. But then, you can waste a UAV and detect nothing, right? In any case, it's spending C-Bills on consumables to get a C-Bill reward. Doesn't make much sense to me Posted Image

I routinely got 5-6 in my Javelins per UAV and thats without the range upgrades. I use them as a normal game tool though.

Its the "Oh **** theres loads of them there how do I tell my team that are probably listening to awful music so mostly deaf (or just don't speak English) item".

Not so convinced on its use in heavies and assaults but I still carry it. ;)

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 May 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

The problem is that all those Range Nodes should NOT be so mandatory for LRM users, and there should be a better ability to vary those builds as well. I could have understood a number around 950 to 955 Meters as a new baseline for LRMs, and therefore a need for 5 to 6 Range Nodes used to fix it up to the original 1000 Meters. That would still have allowed for the ability to reach about 1100 Meters, in order to have some chance at countering the 18 Weapons that all now currently have free reign over LRM users. I probably haven't highlighted it enough before, but LRMs (like any other Missile Weapon) blow up at their range limit. On the other hand, Ballistics and Energy Weapons have this whole extra Zone Of Distance beyond their Optimal Range. Their firepower does NOT become useless until at least TWICE their Maximum Normal Damage (also again known as "Optimal") Range. Stack on the compounding of additional 'Range Overhead' which any Ballistics and Energy Weapons can currently get over LRMs, and those 18 Long-Range, Non-LRM Weapons have a massive unfair advantage. PGI has once again overdone their Nerfing of a Weapon System, and ruined a delicate balance that was once there in order to keep any one Meta from getting way beyond too powerful. They're overdue for restoring at least half of the Range which they took away from LRMs, simply put. Posted Image

In case you ignored the post which I linked to before, you really need to go read that. I'll repeat the link for your easy reference...

->https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/250617-patch-notes-14115-16-may-2017/page__view__findpost__p__5752737

...and hope that you have both a good day and a better understanding by the time you've read both that post, and this post which I'm placing this link in. Heck, even the Stalker STK-5M really NEVER deserved this bad of a Nerfing. It's really a shame that it can't naturally counter the Sniper-type Pilots without upgrades anymore. (Frankly, I feel like PGI's wrongful hate of several parts of what makes MechWarrior the type of game it happens to be is unfortunately showing.) Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I'm rather sure you didn't have the full picture as to what PGI has done." Devnull

Problem with all that is its a simple fact that currently in game your beloved LRM's are extremely effective..... Posted Image

#59 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:03 PM

View PostAramuside, on 21 May 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Problem with all that is its a simple fact that currently in game your beloved LRM's are extremely effective..... Posted Image

That has NOT been my mileage... as I noted to someone else...

View PostD V Devnull, responding to another person, on 21 May 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

Also, LRMs have been badly Nerfed. You've been lucky to be in situations where the gaps didn't show. I had the unfortunate chance to see another person playing MWO, and they really didn't take well to seeing how it was insanely problematic to maintain Range for battle, particularly with I.S. LRMs.

...so something is STILL wrong with the balance. Maybe you've just seen a bunch of well-coordinated teams? I don't know, but it would sure help if PGI didn't make Range Nodes so mandatory for LRMs. About 950 to 955 Meters as a Baseline would fix that, or at least that's been my best analysis. :(

~Mr. D. V. "I'm unnaturally cursed by the problems in things always finding me." Devnull

#60 Maugged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:56 AM

Thanks for the event. Am i the only one though to get only 2 supply keys instead of the 8 you're supposed to get once you've done the 4 challenges?

Edited by Maugged, 22 May 2017 - 05:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users