• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

So, got home tonight and built 3 of the 6 that I bought:

Ebon: I went with 5ERML and a UAC20.
Hunch went with the Champion build.
Linebacker went with 6ERML...I built out the ERPPC build and it just bothered me so much to not have anything in the arms and even two of the smallest lasers pushed the heat up to unacceptable levels.
Cheetah I know what I am going to do, so that leaves the Hellbringer and the Nova.

Thanks for the ideas above on the Nova, I'm going to try Mcgral's build for starters, but I expect I will likely buy another for the ERPPC poptart...or maybe buy a Shadow Cat for that.

Hellbringer...probably going with Orville's build.

Edited by Bud Crue, 20 May 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#23 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLaborer caste mess hall

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:04 PM

To truly embrace the "dark side" you must be a Loyalist. Your chosen path will lead to shame.....KAW KAAW!

#24 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

View Postdezgra, on 20 May 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

To truly embrace the "dark side" you must be a Loyalist. Your chosen path will lead to shame.....KAW KAAW!

Nah he said he was giving up all tt/lore/etc... merc is much better for staying in what ever the current meta is...

#25 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

On the linebacker prime, shift one erppc to the RT and shield with the left side. I just run that with 2 srm 4's, and up until the skill tree dropped (learning new timing and muscle memory still) I was on quite the rip with that setup. For skills, I went full mobility, a good swath of the weapon tree, and enough points to get full derp as well (lrms can get a little annoying without).

#26 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

ACH-Prime: Try 6xSPL for brawling or 2xERLL for sniping.

NVA-Prime: It's best with 8xERML because of the meduim laser heat generation quirk. But you can build an SPL brawler out of it if you want. I'd go with 10xSPL, though. Twelve run waaay too hot.

HBK-IIC: 2xUAC10+2xERML with an XL265 engine and 5.5 tons of ammo. A heavy dakka in a medium weight class Posted Image Just remember that you don't have the armor of a heavy mech, and play accordingly.

EBJ-A: There are two really good options here. You can go laser vomit with 2xLPL+4xERML+TCOMP1 or dakka with 2xUAC10+3xERML and 5 tons of ammo. Both are very strong performers, and used to be my primary CW mechs back when I played CW.

HBR-Prime: You would have been much better off with the HBR-F because it supports an excellent 2xLPL+3xERML+TCOMP1 laser vomit loadout, but I know it costs real money... Some things you might try with HBR-Prime are 4xERML+2xUAC5 (although it's vastly inferior to the Ebon Jag dakka mentioned above), 4xERLL (excellent laser sniper, just remember to split your ERLLs into groups of 2 to avoid ghost heat), 3xERPPC or 3xLPL+TCOMP1. The last two are fully asymmetrical, so you have to really watch that left torso, and they have ghost heat, i.e. you'll have to split your weapons in two groups and fire them in a 2+1 sequence. One thing to remember about the Hellbringer is to NEVER put weapons in its arms. This mech truly shines with torso-mounted loadouts.

On all builds, just fill the remaining space with double heat sinks, and distribute armor as you feel appropriate. If you need full smurfy builds, just let me know and I'll build them for you Posted Image Hope this helps.

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 21 May 2017 - 12:29 AM.

#27 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:09 AM

How have you managed to so long without trying clan mechs. That's amazing.

Welcome to the darkside. These are the clan mechs you'll want to grab:

ACH
ADR
COU
DWF
EBJ
EXE
GAR
HBK-IIC
HBR
HGN-IIC
HMN
IFR
JR7-IIC
KDK
KFX
LBK
MAD-IIC
MCII
MDD
MLX
NTG
NVA-A
ON1-IIC
SCR
SHC
SMN
SNV
TBR
VPR
WHK

#28 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

Enjoy: metamechs.com

#29 Nefesh

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Imo Linebacker does really well with a simple 2 lpl 3 erml setup.

You can also try 5 mpl and 2 or 3 srm 4, but that runs a bit hot.

I'm very high on the Linebacker, the combination of speed and toughness are amazing.

#30 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:49 PM

View PostNefesh, on 22 May 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Imo Linebacker does really well with a simple 2 lpl 3 erml setup.

You can also try 5 mpl and 2 or 3 srm 4, but that runs a bit hot.

I'm very high on the Linebacker, the combination of speed and toughness are amazing.

I did a 6ERML build for 2 matches last night and it was fine even on Tourmaline was nice and cool. I will certainly try your suggested variations.

#31 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 20 May 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

TRAITOR!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 22 May 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

Hey. Your icon, you're a filthy merc...a filthy clanner merc!
You're way worse than a mere traitor. You're a traitor to...

...THE LORE!!!!!

#33 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

Im just going along for PGI's ride...

Pssssst!

BTW, NTG dont need anything in the Operations tree, their heat scale is very broken and they run like they have 30% dissipation unskilled.

Just put all the nodes into Firepower, and the left side of jump jets and you can literally throw nodes wherever else you want willy nilly and you will do FINE!

and by fine i mean!

Posted Image

Edited by Revis Volek, 22 May 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#34 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

FYI: For the Nova, which I intend to use in scouting, I did 12 ERSL and a bunch of DHS. Put a ton of range and heat gen nodes (as well as the three duration nodes) and all the heat relevant nodes from operations, and it seems not only pretty punchy but runs fairly cool too.

For the Hellbringer, I just did what seemingly everyone has suggested 2LPL and 3ERML. Seems boring but it looks OK and was the mech I did the least bad in last night in my first test runs of these things.

I also changed the Ebon to 3UAC5s and 2ERML. I'm told that that used to be desirable but the changes to the UAC5 hit it hard, but for me it seems fine in the testing grounds. I will run with it this evening should I get a chance to play and see how it goes for a stretch.

Edited by Bud Crue, 22 May 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#35 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 22 May 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

FYI: For the Nova, which I intend to use in scouting, I did 12 ERSL and a bunch of DHS. Put a ton of range and heat gen nodes (as well as the three duration nodes) and all the heat relevant nodes from operations, and it seems not only pretty punchy but runs fairly cool too.

For the Hellbringer, I just did what seemingly everyone has suggested 2LPL and 3ERML. Seems boring but it looks OK and was the mech I did the least bad in last night in my first test runs of these things.

I prefer 3 ERLL and 4 smalls for backup on my hellbie but laser vomit is very stronk on the clan side right now. Range and heat gen quirks where never a thing really for most clan heavies.

The other one i like is 2uac5's some ammo and 6 or 7 small lasers, lots of Suvirval tree and those UAC cooldown modules nodes. Its pretty mean brawler with ECM can be beeeerrrrry sneaky.

Edited by Revis Volek, 22 May 2017 - 04:10 PM.

#36 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 22 May 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

I prefer 3 ERLL and 4 smalls for backup on my hellbie but laser vomit is very stronk on the clan side right now. Range and heat gen quirks where never a thing really for most clan heavies.

The other one i like is 2uac5's some ammo and 6 or 7 small lasers, lots of Suvirval tree and those UAC cooldown modules nodes. Its pretty mean brawler with ECM can be beeeerrrrry sneaky.

3ERLL..while I like the sound of that, especially with the RT points, alas, with my arthritis and shakes I can't keep an IS ERLL on target. A clan ERLL though? I'd be spreading that beam all over my target like a dropped fire hose.

#37 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 22 May 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

3ERLL..while I like the sound of that, especially with the RT points, alas, with my arthritis and shakes I can't keep an IS ERLL on target. A clan ERLL though? I'd be spreading that beam all over my target like a dropped fire hose.

Long range corresive mech painting :D

#38 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

ACH-PRIME(C)

NVA-PRIME

HBK-IIC

EBJ-A

HBR-PRIME

LBK-PRIME

This is how I would have mine set up. This is how I have my ACH, NVA and HBR set up.

These probably aren't Top Tier 1 builds but I find them sufficient so I hope this helps you get some ideas.

Metamechs is your best bet for finding good builds, a few people think it is a crappy website but I love it. I don't often run them exactly but I use them for ideas of what I would find efficient.

Edited by Xetelian, 22 May 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#39 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

Gebuz cripes on a crac ker. I am stinking it up in the Ebon. Me thinks I am just going to laser boat it and respec it to a lot more defense. I cannot seem to stay at range in the damn thing. And those arms seem to fall off with a a foul look from the enemy.

#40 Orville Righteous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 127 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 22 May 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Gebuz cripes on a crac ker. I am stinking it up in the Ebon. Me thinks I am just going to laser boat it and respec it to a lot more defense. I cannot seem to stay at range in the damn thing. And those arms seem to fall off with a a foul look from the enemy.

I'm pretty inconsistent in the EBJs too. People know how to core them out pretty quickly so they can be unforgiving sometimes. There are some really skilled players that wreck stuff in EBJs and the chassis is pretty versatile.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users