• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 21 May 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

Who are you, and why do we care?

Can I haz ur stuffz?

Adios. People who can't adapt or embrace positive changes should quit.

Remember that next time you read a thread crying about the match maker or low population.

#42 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 21 May 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

Remember that next time you read a thread crying about the match maker or low population.

The griefers will always be with us.

...And I only spend time on these threads when there's an update. Too many griefers to hang out for too long.

#43 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 21 May 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

The griefers will always be with us.

...And I only spend time on these threads when there's an update. Too many griefers to hang out for too long.

By griefers, do you mean whiners?

Griefers are someone who play to cause others grief and ruin their fun.

#44 dillsOn

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

Skill tree is a boon to the game. The only real gripe I can empathize with (of which demographic I am not a part of, owning only around 30 mechs my self) are the players who have invested time and money accruing hundreds of mechs and maybe dozens of modules. Where these players used to be able to swap modules and get huge benefits from them between a handful of mechs, now, they must skill up many of these mechs. I can see how this would make some players upset, but really, nothing lost everything to gain. Just be happy you have 200 mechs and a plethora of knowledge and equipment.

And as for PGI "first pass is last pass", I call BS. If you have been around since 2012 like I have, you would know that PGI is busy every weekday planning how to improve their game. Since it was released the game has constantly been improved, believe me, since the beginning, they've come a LONG way.

Edited by dillsOn, 21 May 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#45 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

+1
But I will keep an eye on the website and forum for a while, in the vain hope that PGI will do something about this.

And to be honest, I'm kind of enjoying the irony of these threads.
Random guy: "PGI, I'm sorry, but I don't like this game anymore. Bye."
White knight: "Wow, who cares? Cry me a river. I'm happy to see you go! You won't be missed. I guess you find all change scary, kid. Can I have your stuff?"

10 minutes later...

White knight: "You know, these forums are so toxic and salty lately. Why are there so many haters?"

Posted Image

#46 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

Every change is going to upset someone. It's inevitable. I was firmly against the model based on the PTS but the final version is very solid. Does the basics of what we need it to do.

Mobility needed an overall nerf. So did a lot of mechs. Modules were straight power creep. The new model forces some real choices and muddies up which mechs are flat out superior. There's still a couple of mechs and loadouts that are near broken but less than there used to be. I get that some people didn't want that - they had something worked out before that did everything they wanted and was better than all the other options and they don't like that not being the case now.

However that's exactly what needed changed.

#47 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

You all are whining about literally the best thing PGI has done in the last 5 years.

#48 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

Another whining L33T quitting?

Good

Can I have your stuff?

#49 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostGwahlur, on 21 May 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

By griefers, do you mean whiners?

Griefers are someone who play to cause others grief and ruin their fun.

To me, they're one and the same.

#50 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

View PostTheLuc, on 21 May 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

Its not about complexity, MWO is a twitch shooter and we didn't need any Mech skills to begin with, even less a skill tree. You see opportunities, me I see we start with less than what we had and to get close to what we had for a price that was already invested, on top of that it cost to experiment to finally get to the point where the Mechs are responsive enough.

I would like to add that in those 91 skill points there is losses as it gated with nods that are unwanted or just plain useless. The previous system was better, every player had same bonuses and only real down side was that you had to buy 3 different variants of the same Mech to master one. Modules were great, unlock, pay for exactly what you want and before you ask, I was not swapping modules around.

PGI is using this game as a cash cow and experiment at same time, milking the BT fans. I'm sure they are happy of the addiction of many and the fact that the community is divided, this way it ensure them at least a minimum of revenue.

After the new tech comes out, I might leave for good. The attitude of the CEO will also be part of my decision.

People keep throwing out complexity every time they try to make the game more interesting. Some people want it to be just another twitch shooter. Thanks, but no thanks. There's plenty of other twitch shooters to choose from.

And the game has always been a cash cow and always in a state of 'experimentation'. After Steam launch there was a lull in balance development. But before that we had Infotech plus laser lock on mechanic followed by Energy Draw. Except this time they pulled the trigger on their idea.

Well since I'm enjoying it and you're on your way out. I guess I'll say goodbye.

Edited by MechaBattler, 21 May 2017 - 11:10 AM.

#51 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:23 AM

Thank you for your drama. I'm sure this really helped your ego while rage quitting the game. It was much preferable to you simply making a mature decision of moving on quietly to spend your time with other hobbies or exploring new ones.

#52 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 21 May 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

Thank you for your drama. I'm sure this really helped your ego while rage quitting the game. It was much preferable to you simply making a mature decision of moving on quietly to spend your time with other hobbies or exploring new ones.

People screaming they're going to quit on forums almost never quit.

#53 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 21 May 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

People screaming they're going to quit on forums almost never quit.

True

#54 Doriam

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostDogstar, on 21 May 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

See a lot of people disagree about this and think MWO is a thinking man's shooter and the less it's like a twitch one the better it gets - which means the skill tree and engine desync are a strong step in the right direction

I agrее.
But skill tree is huge impact on balanse both between IS\Clan and different mech on each side. And new tech also will.

Edited by Doriam, 21 May 2017 - 02:44 PM.

#55 Logan812

• PipPipPip
  • Private
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 21 May 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

You all are whining about literally the best thing PGI has done in the last 5 years.

Yeah, but that bar was set so low that telling someone "have a nice day" would also qualify as the best thing PGI has done in 5 years.

#56 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:09 AM

View PostdillsOn, on 21 May 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

Skill tree is a boon to the game. The only real gripe I can empathize with (of which demographic I am not a part of, owning only around 30 mechs my self) are the players who have invested time and money accruing hundreds of mechs and maybe dozens of modules. Where these players used to be able to swap modules and get huge benefits from them between a handful of mechs, now, they must skill up many of these mechs. I can see how this would make some players upset, but really, nothing lost everything to gain. Just be happy you have 200 mechs and a plethora of knowledge and equipment.

And as for PGI "first pass is last pass", I call BS. If you have been around since 2012 like I have, you would know that PGI is busy every weekday planning how to improve their game. Since it was released the game has constantly been improved, believe me, since the beginning, they've come a LONG way.

I owned 197 mechs from both sides at patchday, 128 were fully geared and moduled, the major bulk of the rest ready with engines, weapons and weaponmodules and a small pack without any equipment .
I am in no way upset to finally be able to properly customize those mechs to my personal liking without getting caged in by that extremely shallow module system that was only a placeholder in the first place.

I have to agree on the part of PGI getting better and better at improving their game .

Now if we only got a well optimized engine (is that even possible with CE?^^ ) and way bigger maps (not necessarily as big as ArmA3 maps, but bigger than those playgrounds we have actually ... I like having some "elbow" room when "soldiering") this game could easily be even better .

As I said in some other thread :
With the upcoming injection of skilltree and new tech we will have hard 6 months of worktesting ahead of us, so dont be salty, be interested to find the weak- and sweetspots .

#57 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:27 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 21 May 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

And to be honest, I'm kind of enjoying the irony of these threads.
Random guy: "PGI, I'm sorry, but I don't like this game anymore. Bye."
White knight: "Wow, who cares? Cry me a river. I'm happy to see you go! You won't be missed. I guess you find all change scary, kid. Can I have your stuff?"

10 minutes later...

White knight: "You know, these forums are so toxic and salty lately. Why are there so many haters?"

Posted Image

QFT

#58 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

View PostThe Shortbus, on 22 May 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

Now if we only got a well optimized engine (is that even possible with CE?^^ ) and way bigger maps (not necessarily as big as ArmA3 maps, but bigger than those playgrounds we have actually ... I like having some "elbow" room when "soldiering") this game could easily be even better .

Russ was talking about an engine swap mid to late last year, then they revealed MW5 using the Unreal Engine 5, I guess that confirms which engine they will be using.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 24 May 2017 - 10:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users