4 replies to this topic

#1 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:54 AM

Howdy guys,

I've gone through and calculated most of all the benefits of the skill tree in the current quirk system in a spreadsheet. So far through most of the IS mechs and some clan.

I've split it up so that you can see how much armor/structure each individual variant has, how much each gains from quirks, and the resultant total gain.

Cato's Armor/Skill Spreadsheet- Current WIP

Two big things to notice here:

One, at base, the structure bonuses are better scaled from 20-60 tons, level off at 65 and 70 tons, then slowly increase from there. Since base armor is double that, the 65/70 ton mechs;

While structure bonuses continue to increase, the armor gains actually level off after 60 tons. Despite this, many big mechs have armor bonuses which will make up somewhat for that taper, but that's why the biggest beneficiaries are mediums/heavies which are well quirked.

------------------------------------------------

Big Winners:

IS Lights
UM-R60, PNT-10P with 7.3 armor/node
SDRs- 7 structure/node gain.

IS Mediums
HBK-4SP gains a whopping 11.83 structure/node - This mech will gain the MOST of any mech armor/structure wise due to a combination of its medium size and structure bonuses.
TBTs and GRF-3M both close behind with 9-9.7 structure/node
VND/BSW have the best armor buffs.

IS Heavies
QKD-10 structure/nodes, MAD 3R;10 structure/node, GHR 5P - 9.9 structure/node
Roughnecks - have both quirked structure AND armor and have one of the highest total HP/node gain.
DRGs, CTX, ONIs have the best armor buffs.
IS Assaults
Victors, highlanders - 8 armor / node.
Zeus 5S, Atlases - DDC, S, and BH all get >11 structure/node.

If anyone is good with online spreadsheets, would you mind working me through making a calculator for it? I'd like it to input the mech data, # of nodes spent, - armor saved, etc.

Edited by Cato Phoenix, 21 May 2017 - 01:55 AM.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:13 AM

You have a few mech codes that don't match the in-game data. Also, head structure is 15 pts not 18 .

As it happens, I had a calculator that just needed the raw data. Here's the combined result (with corrected head structure and mech codes), downloadable as an OpenOffice spreadsheet:
https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

For users:
  • Select the mech from the drop-down list (base chassis, variant - using names as per Smurfy)
  • If you have custom armor values, enter them in row 7 (NOTE: this only accepts pre-skill armor values)
  • Enter amount of armor nodes in row 10, structure nodes in row 11, total nodes active in Survival in row 12. The spreadsheet already contains several pre-defined configurations - both min/maxed for one node type and "middle ground" options that take both within the least nodes possible.
  • See rows 14-17 for results and a comparison how your configuration stacks up against the other ones.

Edited by Horseman, 27 May 2017 - 01:56 PM.

#3 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:11 AM

View PostHorseman, on 27 May 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

For users:
  • Select the mech from the drop-down list (base chassis, variant - using names as per Smurfy)

Doesn't seem to work for me.. Cannot edit anything in there..?

But other than that, great info, all of this!
Really clearly shows per variant what is worth investing in: structure or armor.
Now the big question remains; which is more valuaple per point, armor or structure??
I've always thought Structure was more usefull, since it doesn't matter where it's placed (back armor gone? doesn't matter if your structure's still buffed!) but hard to find a definite answer..

#4 kylania

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:23 AM

View PostWillothius, on 12 June 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

Doesn't seem to work for me.. Cannot edit anything in there..?

You need to download the sheet or make a copy to your own drive in order to edit/use the drop down.

#5 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:58 AM

View PostHorseman, on 27 May 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

You have a few mech codes that don't match the in-game data. Also, head structure is 15 pts not 18 .

As it happens, I had a calculator that just needed the raw data. Here's the combined result (with corrected head structure and mech codes), downloadable as an OpenOffice spreadsheet:
https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

For users:
  • If you have custom armor values, enter them in row 7 (NOTE: this only accepts pre-skill armor values)
  • Enter amount of armor nodes in row 10, structure nodes in row 11, total nodes active in Survival in row 12. The spreadsheet already contains several pre-defined configurations - both min/maxed for one node type and "middle ground" options that take both within the least nodes possible.
  • See rows 14-17 for results and a comparison how your configuration stacks up against the other ones.

can you explain step #3? I am confused by this one since there are numbers for every area of the mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users