Why We Need To Restrict Fp To More Seasoned Players Only

425 replies to this topic

#421 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

Just more "otherizing" by obstinate morons.

Some pug because of real life obligations, some play drunk or
for shits and giggles or because Battletech.

You've just described 95% of my unit. Do you really think we're "different," as if we're some kind of troglodyte species who are separate from the rest of humanity? We're normal folks with jobs and lives who happen to enjoy playing MWO. MWO is a game, and we're just trying to play the game to the best of our abilities.

You guys don't come off as nice people anyone would like to spend their free time with

How would you know if you don't even bother with groups or TeamSpeak? If you did bother, you'd know that Pat Kell is a good dude, as are everyone in KCom. You'd find the same in MJ12.

Edited by Kubernetes, 17 June 2017 - 09:12 PM.

#422 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:05 PM

This last page or two gave me a headache to read through it.

#423 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:54 AM

If the population in CW was healthy it would smooth out issues between the various sub cultures in this game.

Since there is like 1 Kcom for example then you have more of a subculture clash whereas if there was 10 kcom like very active units they would have better fish to fry. (not singling them out in a negative way)

#424 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:01 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 17 June 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

Mar X maN 157 211 0.74 147 227 0.65 369 202

Kubernetes 91 50 1.82 231 77 3.00 141 425

Yeah, you'd rock me in solo queue.

ohh man this is a sick burn and congrats, you qualify as

The Stat Stalker Player: Forum goers that see silly ideas or arguments posted by a particular user so they go check to see how potato they are on the general leaderboard. If the two jive as expected then they know to discard everything they type as baseless.

#425 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 18 June 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

The Stat Stalker Player: Forum goers that see silly ideas or arguments posted by a particular user so they go check to see how potato they are on the general leaderboard.

Yeah, guilty as charged. When some rando comes on and says 'I'm better'n all y'all FW braindeads' I get curious and derive a bit of sick pleasure in publishing his abysmal stats.

#426 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:08 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 18 June 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

The Stat Stalker Player: Forum goers that see silly ideas or arguments posted by a particular user so they go check to see how potato they are on the general leaderboard. If the two jive as expected then they know to discard everything they type as baseless.

Argument 1: "FW sucks because of the following mechanics, and here are the examples/supporting data".

Argument 2: "FW sucks because you all suck and I'm better at it than any of you so my opinion is more relevant. I know what I'm talking about because I'm a BA at this game."

Argument 1 is valid (or invalid) on the strength of its arguments. Stats are irrelevant.

Argument 2 is based on the performance of the person making the argument and, as such, stats are a relevant point to bring up. Ironically argument 2 still isn't that strong unless supported by an argument 1. Making a type 2 argument with bad stats however is hard to take seriously as it's faulty on its basis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users