259 replies to this topic

#161 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

That sounds... disturbing.

So Chris, how often do you play MWO? What do you think about doing some drops with competitive units, asking them what they think about certain mechs/loadouts and what makes them good/bad?

#162 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

Clans favorite OP mechs on the nerf block? Time to start throwing a tantrum and demanding a refund. Nevermind that every Tukayyid has been a clan smash. Ignore that. Clanners. You guys are such giant crybabies. It's getting ridiculous and pathetic. You get to cry, when clan is getting smashed like IS has been for the last entirety of the clans existence in this game. You do not get to cry because you pay money. You do not get to be overpowered because you pay money. IS pilots pay money too. Then you talk about your 1337 skillz. Do you know why most of the pros play clan? Because they have the best, most overpowered mechs. This is the reason why you have the good players. Your mechs are the strongest. Everybody knows this. Get off your high horse. Stop crying every time one of your pet OP mechs is brought up for nerfs. Look at the numbers. Clan smashes IS repeatedly. I repeat. Clan has the best players because the best players go to the strongest mechs. Now grow up and stop complaining or quit.

#163 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

Its a fair point, but you cant change stuff people have already paid for. You can see why people are unhappy.

#164 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 30 May 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

but you cant change stuff people have already paid for.

Uhhh...
Yes you can.
That's how multiplayer games work. ALL OF THEM. It's not even exclusive to Free2Play games.

#165 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 30 May 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

That sounds... disturbing.

So Chris, how often do you play MWO? What do you think about doing some drops with competitive units, asking them what they think about certain mechs/loadouts and what makes them good/bad?

A fair question but the wrong man to ask. He's rather adamant that he's the mechpack guy. That is his job. What does or doesn't work and why isn't his concern, and while I'm happy that we got this report I have to wonder... WHY DIDN'T THE COMMUNITY MODERATOR SHOW UP AND TELL US, THE COMMUNITY?

Again, Chris, thank you. Not entirely because you made this post, but because you went OUT OF YOUR WAY to make this post for us and share this data.

Also. I'd honestly like to drop with Russ, Paul or Tina at some point and have a chat with them. They seem like good people and having a 1 on 1 conversation would very probably be positive.

Edited by cazidin, 30 May 2017 - 11:31 AM.

#166 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

View Postcazidin, on 30 May 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

A fair question but the wrong man to ask. He's rather adamant that he's the mechpack guy. That is his job. What does or doesn't work and why isn't his concern, and while I'm happy that we got this report I have to wonder... WHY DIDN'T THE COMMUNITY MODERATOR SHOW UP AND TELL US, THE COMMUNITY?

Again, Chris, thank you. Not entirely because you made this post, but because you went OUT OF YOUR WAY to make this post for us and share this data.

Also. I'd honestly like to drop with Russ, Paul or Tina at some point and have a chat with them. They seem like good people and having a 1 on 1 conversation would very probably be positive.
I wouldn't mind dropping with Tina, as she seems fairly reasonable. Paul is just way too spiteful(as in, kill him in game and expect your playstyle to be nerfed within the next patch kind of spiteful), and if Russ's townhalls are any indication, I don't think it would be wise trying to hold a conversation with a man who seems to become progressively more drunk as time goes on in streams

#167 KekistanWillRiseAgain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 30 May 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

I would not bet on that, the BK is currently a solid mech and has seen some minor use at least by my team in MRBC. I would not be surprised if it gets the same treatment the Shadow Cat got.

This^^^

This is NOT who PGI needs to be listening too... the "comp" scene is such a small fraction of the population who play in a VERY controlled and skewed environment. It is actually why I stopped playing Group and stuff cause it is deformed to the point it is no longer Battletech and I can play other games with better systems if that was what I wanted to do. The BK is terrible in Solo queue where the +90% of the player population lives... those toe mounted lasers that are also tight on its centerline is flat out murder in anything except a full complement of them all charging forward together. It was what it so powerful in CW over a year ago, but it was still a barely passable mech in Solo even with its high level quirks. It can not Hill Hump nor Corner Peek with its weapon placement... firing uphill is a dream that would be nice to do and firing downhill is not much better. Besides a flat out advancement under fire it is gimped in every way, it not only needs to be Buffed but it needs an entire weapon position reworking to make is a good mech. That is what the goal should be... Good Mechs, if one or two are Amazing thats fine. But the overall experience should be that every mech feels at least decent... and has a role it can perform well in.

#168 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,015 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

he forgot to mention the Victor

#169 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 30 May 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

he forgot to mention the Victor

The Victor actually got a lot better.

But... Night Gyr/Marauder-IIC nerf incoming for sure

#170 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 30 May 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind dropping with Tina, as she seems fairly reasonable. Paul is just way too spiteful(as in, kill him in game and expect your playstyle to be nerfed within the next patch kind of spiteful), and if Russ's townhalls are any indication, I don't think it would be wise trying to hold a conversation with a man who seems to become progressively more drunk as time goes on in streams

Tina probably is, but I'm not sure if Paul is genuinely spiteful. I know there's the dragon bowling incident but beyond that has he gone out of his way to nerf playstyles? Because if so, wouldn't everything be nerfed? As for Russ, well, at least he'll be more social while drunk.

#171 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,792 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

View PostKekistanWillRiseAgain, on 30 May 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

The BK is terrible in Solo queue where the +90% of the player population lives...

I don't believe this for a second, sorry but it is mid range laser vomit which is something that is still very much powerful in solo and group queue. If anything, the low mounts should harm it more in comp where it has more chance of getting focused hard and paying the price for its low mounts. Solo queue performances are much more determined by player skill than mechs, which is why using solo queue for major balance is generally a bad idea outside of certain factors that are made infinitely stronger/weaker by cohesion (LRMs and harassers are A LOT stronger when there is less cohesion on the field). Not saying that mech/weapon balance can't play into things in solo queue, but they matter much less than pilot skill than in comp simply because of the player skill deviations you can face in solo vs comp (against two equally competent teams, mech choice can matter a lot when it comes to trades, even if the tactics are the larger deciding factors of a match).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 30 May 2017 - 01:49 PM.

#172 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostKekistanWillRiseAgain, on 30 May 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

This^^^

This is NOT who PGI needs to be listening too... the "comp" scene is such a small fraction of the population who play in a VERY controlled and skewed environment. It is actually why I stopped playing Group and stuff cause it is deformed to the point it is no longer Battletech and I can play other games with better systems if that was what I wanted to do. The BK is terrible in Solo queue where the +90% of the player population lives... those toe mounted lasers that are also tight on its centerline is flat out murder in anything except a full complement of them all charging forward together. It was what it so powerful in CW over a year ago, but it was still a barely passable mech in Solo even with its high level quirks. It can not Hill Hump nor Corner Peek with its weapon placement... firing uphill is a dream that would be nice to do and firing downhill is not much better. Besides a flat out advancement under fire it is gimped in every way, it not only needs to be Buffed but it needs an entire weapon position reworking to make is a good mech. That is what the goal should be... Good Mechs, if one or two are Amazing thats fine. But the overall experience should be that every mech feels at least decent... and has a role it can perform well in.

You don't balance by Potato
PGI has made that mistake repeatedly, and the results are obvious...rather poor balance

You need to remove Terribad from the equation, and use Robots to their limits to provide balance, not an LRM80 Gyr
That doesn't come anywhere near the potential of the mech

Their "controlled environments" are a far more reasonable place to test mechs, as opposed to Potato Land

Albeit, 4 VS4 would likely have different results than 12 Vs12

#173 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 910 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:32 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 30 May 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

you can take your battlefield performance and put them were the sun never shines.

The Centurion was always about aesthetics - even in CB the Hunchback was always the better choice - and the only reason guy still used Centurions was the look... even when it was only in the Mechlab (not true because that crippled arm is also used in the BattleTech game by HBS)

Of course I can live with more armor quirks for the Left Arm - and some bonus for the ballistic.

Left Arm should have some extra armor quirks because it has shield on it!

#174 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

"BK is Terrible..."

It really isn't, it just doesn't really deserve to be less agile than the Grasshopper and Warhammer despite being 5 tons heavier.

#175 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostBurke IV, on 30 May 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Its a fair point, but you cant change stuff people have already paid for. You can see why people are unhappy.

That's funny. Every IS hero mech was nerfed during the skill tree patch. Where is all the IS crying?

#176 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 30 May 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

Did the end game screen show the strike as the only thing that damaged you? No weapons listed at all? If so, then you had to drop armor from somewhere because strikes cannot penetrate armor if there is armor there, it has to get blown off first.
(Or, you got hit by several strike munitions)

I should have screenshotted it.. But there were 3 lines on the dead-screen, and airstrike was the only damage dealing i saw. No weapons

#177 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostMortalcoil, on 30 May 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

That's funny. Every IS hero mech was nerfed during the skill tree patch. Where is all the IS crying?

How so?

#178 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,792 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 30 May 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

It really isn't, it just doesn't really deserve to be less agile than the Grasshopper and Warhammer despite being 5 tons heavier.

Ehhhh, I don't know about that, ever since the Warhammer got nerfed, I'm more willing to take a BK over a Warhammer. The BK isn't just 5 tons heavier, it is much better at absorbing damage than either as well.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 30 May 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#179 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 30 May 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

Ehhhh, I don't know about that, ever since the Warhammer got nerfed, I'm more willing to take a BK over a Warhammer. The BK isn't just 5 tons heavier, it is much better at absorbing damage than either as well.

I guess, but the non -6 BKs weren't really a joy to drive. Is the -6 on par with the Warhammers? Much too difficult to find the pdf.

#180 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,792 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 30 May 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

I guess, but the non -6 BKs weren't really a joy to drive. Is the -6 on par with the Warhammers? Much too difficult to find the pdf.

At this point I would say they are better.

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users