#221 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 01 June 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

my bad, my bad, i really meant ENFORCED. Ofcourse it would take longer for a heavy to drop, not literally 20min like you say. Im perfectly fine with that. There will be a greater distribution across weight with time as the drop time increase so you have to account for that. The problem is the valve system that automaticaly release so theres no need for any one to even try. I wouldnt be surprised with the valve being stuck open again. I think we're due for another "oh the vavle system got stuck and we fixed them" statement from pgi like we often had already. Until then we will keep getting shity 5assault + 4heavy per game.

Or, you know, you could simply buff Lights and make them fun to play again.

#222 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 01 June 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

Or, you know, you could simply buff Lights and make them fun to play again.

Lights are fun to play. More since the tree but ill argue that they were fun before anyways. It IS easier now that everyone is slower and still dont equip seismic. Lights arent the problem here.

#223 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,791 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 01 June 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Lights are fun to play.

The majority of the MWO population apparently disagree. Fun isn't just about your fun, it is about everyone's fun.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 01 June 2017 - 06:26 PM.

#224 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 01 June 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Lights are fun to play. More since the tree but ill argue that they were fun before anyways. It IS easier now that everyone is slower and still dont equip seismic. Lights arent the problem here.

Actually, they are the problem. Most Lights are either slow, sluggish, under-armed, or way too large. In my opinion, PGI should go back and partially undo the Rescale, you know, the thing that killed 90% of all Lights in MWO. And when I say partially undo it, I mean they should shrink all the enlarged mechs back to their pre-Rescale size and unnerf their movement profiles, mainly because most of the mechs they increased the size of have since been turned into newb traps, mechs you only buy if you are a newb and don't know what is good.

#225 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 01 June 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

The majority of the MWO population apparently disagree. Fun isn't just about your fun, it is about everyone's fun.

The majority on the mwo population plays what is both easier and best. Lights arent in the "easiest" part.

#226 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 01 June 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

The majority on the mwo population plays what is both easier and best. Lights arent in the "easiest" part.

That is true, but part of that stems from the fact that they got absolutely wrecked during the Rescale. All but two Lights who got their sizes changed were enlarged and got their movement profiles nerfed, and while other mechs in other weightclasses suffered similar fates, Lights are somewhat unique in that they got no compensation quirks. In fact, the only other mech to share this fate in the whole game was the Black Knight. Even the Grasshopper got quirks for being ballooned, while the Lights went without. As if that wasn't enough, Huginn got nerfed even further by having it's quirks nerfed at the same time(While Oxide suffered the same fate as Huginn, Oxide actually deserved the nerf, while Huginn did not).

#227 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:34 PM

The majority on the mwo population plays what is both easier and best.

If Overwatch is proof of anything, people don't play what is easier (in fact I'd say a serious chunk of players in Overwatch at least gravitate towards the harder characters). They play what is best and what is central to the fun of the game (which is combat), and of course, rule of cool.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 01 June 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#228 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 01 June 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

That is true, but part of that stems from the fact that they got absolutely wrecked during the Rescale. All but two Lights who got their sizes changed were enlarged and got their movement profiles nerfed, and while other mechs in other weightclasses suffered similar fates, Lights are somewhat unique in that they got no compensation quirks. In fact, the only other mech to share this fate in the whole game was the Black Knight. Even the Grasshopper got quirks for being ballooned, while the Lights went without. As if that wasn't enough, Huginn got nerfed even further by having it's quirks nerfed at the same time(While Oxide suffered the same fate as Huginn, Oxide actually deserved the nerf, while Huginn did not).

At the rescale i agreed that lights needed better movement. I didnt disagree with the rescale but i disagreed with how some lights got or didnt get quirks with the transition. A lot got shafted but the days that a light could run in the middle of 12 guys and live are mostly over and thats good.

The skill tree has changed a lot of things but it still needs to settle so we can really know how its gona go. So far lights are better because of how people build their heavies and assault coupled with their movement nerf. But anyone who want to run their light like in the days of yore better use a crutch. Like a lct because otherwise its not just the pro gausser thats gona one shot him but everyone else too.

As how the quirks were applied to, or removed from specific mech(rather than chassis) is another discussion and its about how pgi run their business.

#229 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:38 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 01 June 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

At the rescale i agreed that lights needed better movement. I didnt disagree with the rescale but i disagreed with how some lights got or didnt get quirks with the transition. A lot got shafted but the days that a light could run in the middle of 12 guys and live are mostly over and thats good.

The skill tree has changed a lot of things but it still needs to settle so we can really know how its gona go. So far lights are better because of how people build their heavies and assault coupled with their movement nerf. But anyone who want to run their light like in the days of yore better use a crutch. Like a lct because otherwise its not just the pro gausser thats gona one shot him but everyone else too.

As how the quirks were applied to, or removed from specific mech(rather than chassis) is another discussion and its about how pgi run their business.

Erm, the only reason Lights could even do that during those days was because one of two things happened:

1) The Light in question was an Oxide-Simply put, the Oxide was blatantly OP. It was one of the few times that a majority of the community agreed upon something, and there was even a solution for the problem that the community had agreed upon. That solution was to nerf it's durability quirks which, to be frank, were outrageously high. However, when the Rescale came, PGI, being PGI, not only nerfed the wrong quirks(they nerfed the Oxide's mobility quirks rather than it's durability quirks), they also ballooned every 30-35 tonner with the exception of the Kitfox, nerfed their movement profiles, gave them no durability/mobility quirks to compensate, and even nerfed the Huginn for good measure.

2) The enemy in question was a sack of potatoes- As it was then, so it is now. Lights back then were hilariously fragile when faced with SSRMs, LBXACs, and even just regular SRMs. The only reason a Light, at any point in game since the HSR improvements came through, could run through the middle of a 12 man deathball was because the enemy were potatoes and weren't paying attention.

#230 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:09 AM

LoL, the data....
OMG, it looks like weekend driver speak with sport driver and says that data Is correct.
Play your game...practice is different than theory.

But who carres, skill maze ruin this game...

#231 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:38 AM

View PostMichal R, on 02 June 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

LoL, the data....
OMG, it looks like weekend driver speak with sport driver and says that data Is correct.
Play your game...practice is different than theory.

Exactly. It's way too early for any balancing to occur. It actually sounds like someone in the dev team got their *** handed to them by these mechs and cried that there is a problem like a 2yr old who lost their favorite toy only to be realized it was right in front of them.

This is the most balanced I ever seen this game in and everyone is figuring out their builds and getting the most out of them. Some mechs will do better than others. That is a good thing. If anyone in the development department has a problem with that, let me give them a solution to the problem that the community (their customers and bosses) will NOT like.

Make everyone pilot an Atlas with a specific load out and be done with it. Let's see how many people will leave with this solution because it is the same, boring game play. I know I will but they won't do that. They'll lose a huge chunk from their checks and they know it.

Edited by MadRover, 02 June 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#232 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 01 June 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Erm, the only reason Lights could even do that during those days was because one of two things happened:

2) The enemy in question was a sack of potatoes- As it was then, so it is now. Lights back then were hilariously fragile when faced with SSRMs, LBXACs, and even just regular SRMs. The only reason a Light, at any point in game since the HSR improvements came through, could run through the middle of a 12 man deathball was because the enemy were potatoes and weren't paying attention.

Thats all true for the light pilots that got culled at the resizing. Lights were never hilariously fragile versus anything but a well aimed gauss or ac20. The hsr is still **** with lct and commando, i had one commando i needed to aim 2 body thick wide in front of, at point blank range, to kill with hitscan lasers...

#233 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

I would also like to note for the devs, that I love the new skill system, However... the firepower tree is the least useful. I suggest taking the cooldown and the heat reduction nodes and combining them. Or some of them. Maybe condense the range boost nodes also. The whole firepower tree should be condensed down a bit. Maybe you could add a new node also.. "Remove guass rifle trigger timer"

View PostStormFrog, on 29 May 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

High engine capacity heavies and assaults feel terrible to play now. The agility nerfs were too severe.

Maybe you should put points into the mobility tree.. Because I disagree!!!

Edited by Jiang Wei, 02 June 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#234 Katastrophy Kid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 123 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for the Update! Keep Up the Good Work :)

Bigger Battles!!!

https://mwomercs.com...ey-for-servers/

#235 Katastrophy Kid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 123 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

View PostJiang Wei, on 02 June 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

I would also like to note for the devs, that I love the new skill system, However... the firepower tree is the least useful. I suggest taking the cooldown and the heat reduction nodes and combining them. Or some of them. Maybe condense the range boost nodes also. The whole firepower tree should be condensed down a bit. Maybe you could add a new node also.. "Remove guass rifle trigger timer"

Maybe you should put points into the mobility tree.. Because I disagree!!!

The Mobility Skill Tree is Nerf for assaults, there is too little difference with or without it, to the point where I feel like its a wast to invest in it. I almost exclusively play assaults and I noticed a severe drop in performance.

Edited by Katastrophe Kid, 02 June 2017 - 12:40 PM.

#236 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 01 June 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

If Overwatch is proof of anything, people don't play what is easier (in fact I'd say a serious chunk of players in Overwatch at least gravitate towards the harder characters). They play what is best and what is central to the fun of the game (which is combat), and of course, rule of cool.

While the basic concept on that idea is ok, Lights aren't harder persay, or more complicated to play in this game.

The main reason people don't play lights is they are completely unforgiving. You make a mistake, and 90% of the time that means you are dead. It is the same reason why assaults are lower in population.

Mediums and heavies both have the advantage that you can make a few mistakes and STILL have a great match. They both carry decent firepower. They both have the armor to take hits from a mistake, and they both have the speed to correct a wrong move.

Lights only have the speed, and some don't even have that. This is the main reason IMO that they are the lowest played class. Even many assaults you can make more mistakes than a light and they are not all that forgiving.

#237 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:03 PM

This is true.

The blunt reality truth of the matter is that people are generally lazy and always look for the easiest path, that is just reality and I am not sure why more people can't realize this rather than blaming external factors.

Light mechs are without a doubt the most impactful class of mechs in the game when it comes to a team battle and all it takes is a few skillfully piloted light mechs to totally disorganize an enemy team and allow for their own team to Rollstomp them. However "Skillfully Piloted" is that key here because you have to really work hard to get a light to perform and most people don't want to do that or at least all the time. Instead it is easier to jump into a Heavy and alpha strike laser vomit and come away with good results or you can go even lazier and just LURM around the map hense why these types of mechs dominate the populations.

#238 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 02 June 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

While the basic concept on that idea is ok, Lights aren't harder persay, or more complicated to play in this game.

The main reason people don't play lights is they are completely unforgiving. You make a mistake, and 90% of the time that means you are dead. It is the same reason why assaults are lower in population.

Mediums and heavies both have the advantage that you can make a few mistakes and STILL have a great match. They both carry decent firepower. They both have the armor to take hits from a mistake, and they both have the speed to correct a wrong move.

Lights only have the speed, and some don't even have that. This is the main reason IMO that they are the lowest played class. Even many assaults you can make more mistakes than a light and they are not all that forgiving.

I play the atlas alot. i have all the speed tweeks and only the required agility tweeks to get all the speed tweeks. The main thing is that your top speed is a tiny bit less. Otherwise I think its fine. Lighter assault mechs shouldnt be able to go so fast anyway. I think its light mechs that have suffered from it most. But the difference really isnt drastic. Its fine, really.

Edited by Jiang Wei, 02 June 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#239 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 02 June 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

The main reason people don't play lights is they are completely unforgiving.

That generally indicates they are harder to play Posted Image

View PostViktor Drake, on 02 June 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

Light mechs are without a doubt the most impactful class of mechs in the game when it comes to a team battle and all it takes is a few skillfully piloted light mechs to totally disorganize an enemy team and allow for their own team to Rollstomp them.

Maybe in solo queue, but anything more coordinated? And it generally comes down more to skill disparities than anything else (if a team has a good light pilot and the enemy has no good pilot, the good light pilot will wreak havoc, but the same could be said about ANY class). Given equally skilled teams in group queue, lights are the least useful class.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 02 June 2017 - 02:32 PM.

#240 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 01 June 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

<- Widow main

(when not in comp... I can't handle all the complaining at round start)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users