#1 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

http://alag.enjin.com/recruitment

Hello All,
After considerable deliberation, I have decided to side with the Draconis Combine, and I will be forming a (conjectural) 3rd Amphigean Light Assault Group, in (uneasy) service to the Dragon (this is how my mercenary unit would probably end up anyway, I might as well embrace it). We will be utilizing the older Amphigean LAG insignia (golden horn on a blue field) and will be a mercenary force in service to the dragon. Unless of course we decide to go for a higher bidder, not ruling anything out.

Posted Image

(Provisional Insignia)

The 3rd Amphigean LAG represents the dregs of the DCMS; a mishmash of mercenaries who lost their souls to the company store, loaners from the Amphigean Agricultural Group's security forces, and a miscellany of the semi-retired, the dispossessed and whoever else has managed to latch onto the 3rd Amphigean LAG. It is a unit that no one feels particularly lucky to be in. Morale is relatively poor, but this is more a reflection on the day to day circumstances surrounding life in the unit. A relatively high attrition rate also ensures this unit is "green", something the leadership hopes to change.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unlike other Amphigean LAG units which have been absorbed into the DCMS, the 3rd remains under the nominal (but largely unresponsive) control of its parent company, Amphigean Agriculture Inc. The 3rd does not use theater-appropriate camouflage or the tradititional "junk yard" parade scheme. Instead the unit utilizes a variant of the "junkyard" scheme, a blood-red base with gray tiger-stripes. The 'mechs are generally filthy on the exterior, yet another way for the 3rd to show its disdain for its unfortunate circumstances. The unit is generally kept far away from anything resembling parade duty. Numbers on the 'Mech are blue with gold outlines, all warning signs are in gold. Mechwarriors may decorate their 'Mechs as they see fit, though only blue and gold may be used for such "nose art". Pilot names are in gold.

The 3rd Amphigean LAG are the sad sacks of the DCMS' mercenary forces. For them, there is little desire for honor: for most, the highest aspiration is just to find a way out, be it through unlikely escape, rare promotion, or the much more frequent status of casualty. The common Mechwarrior of the 3rd fights, in the hope of surviving long enough to get out, and they will do so bravely: if not for the Dragon, or Amphigean Agriculture Inc., then for themselves.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading. Looking forward to fighting for the Dragon! Posted Image

EDIT: Just to clear this up, I intend to run this unit a bit closer to how the Amphigean LAG was originally set up, that is as mercenaries in long-term service to the DC. So while it is possible that the unit may be set up obstinately as a mercenary unit, it would be effectively in permanent service to the Combine. But I may also run it as a house unit. It just depends on how the mechanics are set up.

Edited by Hayden, 15 June 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#2 Pave Low

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSydney (Australia)

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

^_^
Hayden, your unit insignia and Mech colour scheme rock.

I like unit philosophy. That is very Merc. I think!!

Good luck in game...if we're on the same side, that is.

#3 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Good luck Hayden with your formation, Storm's Metal Thunder looks forward to fighting with you on the Lyran front. Lyons' thumb maybe

/Damo

#4 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

View PostPave Low, on 17 December 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

^_^
Hayden, your unit insignia and Mech colour scheme rock.

I like unit philosophy. That is very Merc. I think!!

Good luck in game...if we're on the same side, that is.

Don't get me wrong, sir. Like the parent Amphigean LAG formation, the 3rd is every bit a part of the DC. We don't want to be, but we're in it to win it! Good luck to you, too!

View PostDamocles, on 17 December 2011 - 09:36 PM, said:

Good luck Hayden with your formation, Storm's Metal Thunder looks forward to fighting with you on the Lyran front. Lyons' thumb maybe

/Damo

That's our Thumb. And we want it back! While we're at it, we'll win back Rasalhague and put the Draconis back into the Draconis March. EDIT: Hope to see you out there, too.

Edited by Hayden, 17 December 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#5 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

What is this Lyon's thumb the Lyran's keep talking about? All I see are Lyran occupied worlds in our space.

#6 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

View PostPhalanx, on 18 December 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

What is this Lyon's thumb the Lyran's keep talking about? All I see are Lyran occupied worlds in our space.

Not for long ^_^

#7 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

Here's a little fluff for if the unit ends up mercenary :)
Posted Image

Hope you guys like!

EDIT: And here is a preliminary OOB. Initially I'll worry about the Regimental HQ company, and then we'll take it from there.

3rd AMPHIGEAN LAG REGIMENTAL ROSTER

REGIMENTAL COMMAND HEADQUARTERS COMPANY-“Hayden’s Marauders” (HQ-3-XX)
Command Lance
Col. Hayden; Marauder
Sgt.
MW.
MW.
Fire Lance
Maj. Thomas; Catapult
Sgt.
MW.
MW.
Scout Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW.
MW.

1st BATTALION
1st BATTALION HQ COMPANY "3-1B-HQ-XX"
Command Lance
Maj.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Medium Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Recon Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Able Company "3-1B-AC-XX"
Fire Lance (Medium)
Capt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Light Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Recon Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Bravo Company "3-1B-BC-XX"
Attack Lance (Medium)
Capt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Medium Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Recon Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
2nd BATTALION
2nd BATTALION HQ COMPANY "3-2B-HQ-XX"
Command Lance
Maj.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Medium Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Recon Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Charlie Company "3-2B-CC-XX"
Medium Lance
Capt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Light Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Light Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Dog Company "3-2B-DC-XX"
Heavy Lance
Capt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Medium Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Recon Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
3rd BATTALION
3rd BATTALION HQ COMPANY "3-3B-HQ-XX"
Command Lance
Maj.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Medium Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Recon Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Echo Company "3-3B-EC-XX"
Assault Lance
Capt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Heavy Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Fire Lance (Heavy)
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Foxtrot Company "3-3B-FC-XX"
Heavy Lance
Capt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Medium Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW
Recon Lance
Lt.
Sgt.
MW
MW

Edited by Hayden, 11 January 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#8 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

Let me know if you want private forums on the House Kurita site.

#9 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 19 December 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

Let me know if you want private forums on the House Kurita site.

Will do. Like I said, I'm waiting to hear more about how this stuff works, up until them I'm basically just generating fluff/content. It really depends how it all works and if I go merc or house.

#10 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

Looks great Hayden! :D

Damn you, I'm working on a uniform recolor also :)

#11 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:21 AM

View PostDihm, on 20 December 2011 - 06:23 AM, said:

Looks great Hayden! B)

Damn you, I'm working on a uniform recolor also :)

Thanks Dihm :D

There's room enough in the Inner Sphere for more than one recolored uniform :)

#12 Kurohyou

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTemple, Texas

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

<VDB>

Konnichiwa

Hayden would not using DCMS rank titles be better for keeping with House identification.

#13 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

View PostKurohyou, on 31 December 2011 - 12:03 PM, said:

<VDB>

Konnichiwa

Hayden would not using DCMS rank titles be better for keeping with House identification.

Hey Kurohyou,
Here's the deal with this unit. Right now we're on the fence about if we'll be house or merc, and the decision to move in either direction is contingent upon us getting more information on how house units will work. Because of the Amphigean Light Assault Group's history in the canon we have that kind of flexibility here. Even though the Amphigean Light Assault Group was retconned as a house unit, the original story behind them was pretty compelling. As a corporate mercenary unit the Amphigean LAG was initially created to defend company assets, and later sold its services to the DCMS. Since I don't have details about the transition from mercenary to house unit, my best guess is that they fell victim to the DCMS company store.

And that's where we come on. If we go merc, this assumes that one of the regiments (in this case the 3rd) manages to avoid the fate of its sister units and maintained its independence, though remains (bearly) loyal to the DCMS by virtue of the status of their parent company existing in the Draconis Combine, the fact that they're locked into a long-term contract, and the fact that they rely on the DCMS for transportation.

So, to answer your question: if we go house, then we'll definitely use DCMS rank conventions (heck, I don't even think we get a choice then). But if we're mercs we will not for simplicity's sake: so far all members of the 3rd Amphigean LAG speak English as their primary language, and so the direct importation of DCMS ranks don't make sense for us (we're also a smaller unit, so we have different needs, I.E. we'll never need a Tai-sho/General since I don't foresee us even reaching the status of full strength regiment.

Anyway, I'm gonna wrap this up for now. Happy new year.

#14 Cav Scout 85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Been looking for a group looks like you have your S*** together,,,where do I sign up

#15 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostCav Scout 85, on 08 June 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

Been looking for a group looks like you have your S*** together,,,where do I sign up

Web page is still in the works, I'll be posting links to that by Monday at the latest.

#16 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

http://www.alag.enjin.com/

Worked hard to get it presentable. There's still stuff to work on, but for now... 3RD ALAG is a-go and recruiting!

http://www.alag.enjin.com/

#17 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

Hey everyone on the Combine forums! Ignore the Davion icon I've got, because I've have something important to tell all of you!

If you've been looking for a unit, and don't mind being a Mercenary that fights for the Draconis Combine....look no further then the 3rd Amphigean Light Assault Group. Hayden is top notch and has been the biggest help in creating my own unit and does so much for the community. The 3rd LAG will treat you right, get in on the ground floor of something truly spectacular and send him an application today!

Fight for the Dragon, fight for Hayden, but above all fight with honor!

#18 Bludhawk

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

If by some odd circumstance, the Inner Sphere is invaded and some unknown faction forces the Combine and the Suns to unite. (Which is just crazy, that would never happen, right?) Hayden and the 3rd Amphigean LAG are the first unit I want watching my 6.

#19 Draco Harkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationIn the good part of Battletech, the tabletop.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

Same here, if that unknown event will ever happen ill be proud to ride into battle with the 3rd Amphigean LAG!

#20 Talon Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hayden is the man, and knowing him, you'll have the best looking unit in the Draconis Combine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users